Author Topic: OPEC lets down US president  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
OPEC lets down US president
« on: March 07, 2008, 07:26:36 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2970520

lovuian  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 02:09 AM
Original message
OPEC lets down US president

Advertisements [?]
OPEC has accused the United States of economic mismanagement on the strength of it pushing oil prices to new record highs.

On Wednesday, OPEC rebuffed calls to boost output, laying the blame on the Bush administration.

OPEC President Chakib Khelil told reporters that the global market is being affected by the U.S. economy.

He said America's problems were a key factor in the cartel's decision to hold off on increasing output.
more...
Now lets everybody who is paying close to $ 4 bucks a gallon go AHHHH!!!

Refresh | 0 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

opihimoimoi  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 02:29 AM
Response to Original message
2. ABSOLUTELY...its them GOP and BUSH ****ers...They have ****ed America with their greed and arrogance

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

MadHound  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 07:16 AM
3. This is more rhetoric that is covering up a salient point

OPEC may very well not be able to boost production anymore. It is doubtful that Saudi Arabia can, since their largest oil field, the Ghawar(largest in the world) is running dry. Iraq is having trouble meeting pre war levels due to sabotage, war, etc. Kuwait and other ME members are probably in the same boat as Saudi Arabia, tapped out. The last large oil field was found fifty years ago. The North Atlantic supplies are dwindling, Niger has a civil war going. It is time to face the fact that we have reached the Peak and are on the downhill side, picking up speed fast.

MiniMe  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 07:31 AM
4. Didn't Shrub say during the 2000 campaign that he would just go over

there and tell them to turn the taps on? I believe he was criticizing Clinton at the time, Gas at about $1.39 a gallon I believe. I'm going to go back to hitting my head against a wall now.

ThomWV  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 07:31 AM
5. I've got a memory - George Bush telling us he would "Jaw Bone" them arabs and get us oil

Remember the 2000 campaign nonsense he spouted? "Jaw Bone" indeed.

4dsc  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 07:40 AM
6. We have no energy policy

other than to use all available oil as fast as we can. So expect higher and higher oil prices!

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.