Author Topic: Dummy Ignorance on Veterans (HC)  (Read 486 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Dummy Ignorance on Veterans (HC)
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
They are truly the gift which keeps on giving.

Dumpland link>
napi21  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-12-09 08:13 PM
Original message
I thought veterans got HC for life as a reward for swerving 
 their country. Why do I keep hearing about 22,000+ vets die because they don't have HC?

This is a large conflagration.  Those who have served should find it mildly entertaining.

Here is one of the more educated posts...

GA_ArmyVet (250 posts)        Thu Nov-12-09 09:53 PM
Response to Reply #19
51. I dont mind the questions
 I just hope I can answer it.

Many veterans are not covered. A veteran is not neccesarily a retiree. All Military retirees are vets, but not all vets are retirees. Most Veterans don't qualify for the Lifetime care. If they are listed as disabled due to military service they can get care but it is a hard process to go through and many just dont have the ability to play the system anymore. PTSD, bureaucratic red tape, and the fact that the Government strives to make sure you are not listed as service related injuries make the process hard for many. I was dignosed with traumatic onset of Arthritis based on injuries, among other issues, I recieved jumping from planes with combat gear, but actually getting it in my records took years of fighting. I am 45 and barely able to walk now with back, knee and hip issues, but just this year got the Army to admit it was service connected 15 years after the injury. At 30 I was told that it just happens when you are old.

This is one of the reason many vets are so vehementlhy opposed to government run health care. Although we have access to facilities the treatment is done to protect a Government resource, namely us. They will treat what they need to to get you running, but their first call is to protect the Government interest. many vets feel like they would not treat us at all once the treatment is cost more than training a replacement, all in the name of saving the military/Government money. And this is while we are on active duty, it just gets worse once you retire, unless of course you are a high ranking or politically connected individual.

Oh my I think I hear an alert button going off, truth will not be tolerated. :o  Nope.  Dinner is ready.  Enjoy. :fuelfire:

< watch this space for coming distractions >