Author Topic: primitive feels the love on Skins's island; decides to row away for a while  (Read 827 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7251178#7251292

Oh my.

renie408  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-29-08 11:29 PM
Original message

After feeling the love here at the DU

I am thinking I need to take a break for a bit. After having been told that my 55 year old brother deserves to lose his 401K and that my 77 year old mother equally deserves to have lost a third of the money she relies on for income, I am not sure I can take the Monday morning quarterbacks.

It is a strange thing that the only people in the entire country who really understand this problem and realize that NOT passing the bailout is a good thing are here and at the Free Republic. You guys should really get yourselves to Washington and set them straight. Oh, and call Warren Buffet. Apparently that moron didn't understand this whole thing nearly as well as some of the people here do. He could use some of the brilliant advice I feel sure some members of the DU (and the Free Republic) can give him.

It's a very large bonfire, so only the Primitives of Prominence:

Name removed  (0 posts) Mon Sep-29-08 11:40 PM
Response to Reply #5

18. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

The subway cat, a bottom-of-the-barrel primitive:

undergroundpanther  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-29-08 11:39 PM
Response to Original message

16. It angers me that corporate pigs forced 401k's on people.. the same pigs betting away your 401k's and want to privatize social security and place that money in the market,are whining for a bailout .These monsters have so gotten the working classes money tied to their wall street gambling rackets.

And to me that is so unjust it makes me want to scream.

I wish there was a way to CUT the rich greedy cancer out of this economy and still spare the working and retired people who were hoodwinked into giving their assets to these insane gamblers, and still let the gambling addicts fail and fall.

Sometimes to lance a boil to let the puss out hurts,but at least the boil can heal.Failing to lance a boil because it will hurt will only make the infection worse.

Think about it.This 700 billion is not going to do shit.In effect WE are paying for junk wall street can't sell,we are paying for their failure they can't tell us the value of this junk nor can they tell us it will gain us or even break even.

When will we lance this boil,now or put a band aid on it and wait until later when the infection has gone into our bloodstream?

undergroundpanther  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-29-08 11:44 PM
Response to Reply #19

24. you misunderstood me   

I was sad about her family.And sad for the people who had their retirements forced into 401k's and got their money tied to the market scam.

I am sad for the people like her,you,me and all the non-rich people here ,and do I hate the rich who exploited them.I really ****ing mistrust them,and I feel the bailout is a shakedown.I have no reason to trust wall street at all.

The cboy4 primitive, a solid second-tier primitive:

cboy4  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-30-08 02:28 AM
Response to Original message

93. There are some very radical, ridiciulous extremists who populate DU and spout their stupidity often.

On one hand, it's frightening.

On the other hand, it's a discussion board and it makes it interesting to read lots of point of view.

But yea, there are some A-1 idiots .. no question about it.

I wouldn't allow nuts to chase you off .. as frustrating as it gets.

Ooops, based upon the size of this bonfire, I thought there would be a lot of Primitives of Prominence, from all tiers, at it, but apparently not; there's just the two above.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

There is a dearth of PoPs.  Hmmmm.  Since the OP has been there since 2003 one would expect The Stars to appear.  I do love a good opus, though.

Offline jukin

On the other hand, it's a discussion board and it makes it interesting to read lots of point of view.

A look into what a typical DUmbass thinks are lots of point of view.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I am thinking I need to take a break for a bit. After having been told that my 55 year old brother deserves to lose his 401K and that my 77 year old mother equally deserves to have lost a third of the money she relies on for income, I am not sure I can take the Monday morning quarterbacks.

Someone should point out that neither of these things has happened, unless they panicked.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.