Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 10/3  (Read 411 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Texas Democrat Rep. Henry Cuellar carjacked in Washington, D.C.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/10/03/texas-democrat-rep-henry-cuellar-carjacked-in-washington-d-c-n582010

Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) was carjacked at gunpoint on Monday night. It happened in Navy Yard neighborhood, just blocks away from the Capitol.

The carjacking took place about 9:30 p.m. near his home. Fortunately, Cuellar was not injured. According to Cuellar’s chief of staff, Jacob Hochberg, the congressman was parking his car as three armed assailants approached him and stole his car – a white Honda CHR with Texas plates. His car was recovered.

“As Congressman Cuellar was parking his car this evening, 3 armed assailants approached the Congressman and stole his vehicle. Luckily, he was not harmed and is working with local law enforcement. Thank you to Metro PD and Capitol Police for their swift action and for recovering the Congressman’s vehicle,” the statement read.

U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) confirmed that an armed carjacking took place in the Navy Yard neighborhood and the victim was identified as a member of Congress. Investigators are working with Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) on the case.

The three carjackers were described as three males, all wearing all-black clothing. There isn’t mention of the race of the assailants. All-black clothing isn’t much to go on. The suspects are still at-large. Police are asking for any information anyone might have.

Local news has been reporting on the rise in violent crime in Washington, D.C. for months. There were 750 carjackings as of last weekend, 75% of them involved guns, according to MPD. One reporter tweeted out some numbers, though her number to-date is 651. A commenter corrected her number to 750.

Around the same time, in the same general area, two men and a teenager were shot near a restaurant.

The writer had to control her first inclination, which was to “dunk on” a member of Congress. Really? Does she think he deserved it or something?

She notes that 67% of carjackings are committed by youth.

Decline is a choice. Cities are violent and dangerous places now because of Democrat leadership. Democrats supported the defund the police movement and that has created a complete lack of respect for law enforcement and abiding by laws that keep our society civil.

There are also the problems that have been created by no-bail policies in major cities. Criminals, especially younger ones, are arrested and almost immediately released with little more than a slap on the wrist.

Reducing penalties is not the way to reduce crime. Carjacking is a violent crime.

Cuellar voted with Republicans against that bill.

Cuellar is serving his 10th term in the House. He represents Texas’s 28th Congressional District, which includes Laredo, Rio Grande City, and San Antonio. He is known as a moderate Democrat who works in a bi-partisan way. He is the only pro-life Democrat in the House.

Everyone knows that besides being "The Swamp", D.C. is a sucking chest wound. I'm waiting for the expected Democrat reaction to this crime (good that Cuellar wasn't hurt) by expanding Secret Service protection for the 535 members of Congress, the 9 Supreme Court justices, the entire SharterJoe cabinet, all the way down to the Assistant Secretary Plenopotentiary Sub-director of the Office of Professional Responsibility (don't laugh -- that department actually exists (though I did take some liberties with the GS23 position associated with that title  :-)).
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 10/3
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 05:41:10 PM »
She notes that 67% of carjackings are committed by youth

A very astute observation, maybe it’s time to start prosecuting and jailing these “youths “
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!