Author Topic: DUmmy Discusses Candidate Selection Criteria  (Read 674 times)

Offline BamaMoose

DUmmy Discusses Candidate Selection Criteria
« on: May 19, 2022, 01:39:08 AM »
40RatRod (457 posts)

Here is how my wife and I voted in the Georgia Primary. Some may disagree.

If there were several races having women running for the same office. We always voted for a woman that was an incumbent. If one race had multiple women, we would look at the names and if one sounded foreign, we voted for that one. We believe that one possibly may better understand how important a democracy is from their own experience.

So, the primary qualifications for this idiot's vote are their scores in the Oppression Olympics.  I'm sure if they took some time to actually learn about the candidate's they would find out that some are handicapped or gay or black/brown people with non-exotic names which would seriously complicate their selection process.

samnsara (15,917 posts)

2. hubby and i do the same thing with our ballots! since they are all mail in...

..we have plenty of time to confer. When there are 2 dems we look to our local dem party for suggestions.

DUmmy agrees with the OP's wisdom with the caveat that, when he can't decide, he votes however some 18 year-old campaign volunteer tells him to vote.

alphafemale (17,937 posts)

4. What?

That is as biased as voting for the white male with the most Anglo name.

Maybe take some time to learn about a candidate's platform before the next time.

At least a couple of them suggest actually learning about the candidates and voting based on their qualifications rather than their gender.  But, of course it goes without saying that advice is limited to the candidates with a D after their name.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216704536

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmy Discusses Candidate Selection Criteria
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 04:04:11 AM »
It's obvious the 40rats primitive is trolling the other primitives, mocking their propensity to vote for candidates for really stupid reasons.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 04:07:43 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 07:35:13 AM »
Star Member Samrob (1,082 posts)

5. Don't let foreign names fool you.

Ana Navarro: Many "legal" immigrants were Wingnuts in their country of origin, or escaped from their perception of Leftist oppression, or are small business/trade owners in construction and such who believe in the "lazy welfare cheats".

:racista:

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 09:47:42 AM »
Ana Navarro: Many "legal" immigrants were Wingnuts in their country of origin, or escaped from their perception of Leftist oppression, or are small business/trade owners in construction and such who believe in the "lazy welfare cheats".

Why is the word legal in quotation marks, in this tidbit from "conservative" Ana Navarro?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 09:52:57 AM »
Why is the word legal in quotation marks, in this tidbit from "conservative" Ana Navarro?

Because leftists are insane.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 10:19:27 AM »
So the DUmbass votes for a candidate not based on their qualifications, experience or platform? Instead they vote based on the genatalia a candidate has between their legs?

With people like this it's no wonder this country is in the shitter and sinking fast.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 10:26:48 AM »
So the DUmbass votes for a candidate not based on their qualifications, experience or platform? Instead they vote based on the genatalia a candidate has between their legs?

With people like this it's no wonder this country is in the shitter and sinking fast.

I've always made choices based on qualifications, from my POV, of course. I used to give the occasional Dem a look-over, but nowadays I compare the R candidate to Snoopy and Pat Paulsen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 10:48:30 AM »

Same way they nominate Vice Presidents and Supreme Court Justices.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 12:49:13 PM »
I've always made choices based on qualifications, from my POV, of course. I used to give the occasional Dem a look-over, but nowadays I compare the R candidate to Snoopy and Pat Paulsen.

When I voted for Republican Alan Keyes instead of Barack Hussein O. for the U.S. Senate seat in Illinois, somehow I was considered a racist.  Yes I know, Keyes was a carpetbagger who only jumped in the race after Republican candidate Jack Ryan was involved in some Fat Teddy Kennedy/Chris Dodd/Madison Cawthorne type shenanigans.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 02:30:54 PM »
I thought Democracy was dead in Georgia, what with all the voter suppression laws. Apparently, no one told the voters since they had a record turnout.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 03:57:47 PM »
When I voted for Republican Alan Keyes instead of Barack Hussein O. for the U.S. Senate seat in Illinois, somehow I was considered a racist.  Yes I know, Keyes was a carpetbagger who only jumped in the race after Republican candidate Jack Ryan was involved in some Fat Teddy Kennedy/Chris Dodd/Madison Cawthorne type shenanigans.

I voted for Keyes in the R 1996 and 2000 Presidential Primaries. I think he would have been a better candidate than Dole. As for 2000, I really felt like the MSM were pushing GWB because they thought him easily beaten by AlGore. I didn't bite on the MSM's ploy, and GWB wasn't the pushover the MSM imagined he was.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 06:55:16 PM »
I voted for Keyes in the R 1996 and 2000 Presidential Primaries. I think he would have been a better candidate than Dole. As for 2000, I really felt like the MSM were pushing GWB because they thought him easily beaten by AlGore. I didn't bite on the MSM's ploy, and GWB wasn't the pushover the MSM imagined he was.

Was a fan of Steve Forbes in 1996, but certainly voted for Dole. Yeah, the lib media adored McCain in 2000 as some sort of "maverick" and naturally slimed Bush the younger. But as the leftist media always does, they conveniently discarded McCain in 2008 when he ran against the clean and articulate candidate.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2022, 07:07:24 PM »
Voted for Perot in 92 and 96, was enthusiastic voting for Bush in 00, held my nose and voted for him in 04, held it for McCain in 08, held it for Romney in 12, thought Trump was a joke in 16 but voted for him anyway, would have crawled over broken glass to vote for him in 20. You put a black conservative like Byron Donalds in from of me, he has my vote. I look at policies. I don't give a shit about race or sex. Never have.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2022, 07:14:02 PM »
Was a fan of Steve Forbes in 1996, but certainly voted for Dole. Yeah, the lib media adored McCain in 2000 as some sort of "maverick" and naturally slimed Bush the younger. But as the leftist media always does, they conveniently discarded McCain in 2008 when he ran against the clean and articulate candidate.

I voted "Dole" and "GWB" in the relevant generals - the "Oh, Hell no, spare US!" factor was high with BJ Billy and AlGore. IMO, McCain in 2008 was was another set-him-up-to-knock-him-down MSM operation, which McCain was too self-infatuated to recognize. McCain was so inept and unlikeable that the MSM's trick worked. And OhBummer!'s potential was so awful ....

Being too kind is among my faults, but here's a tip to DU-Onlurkers who imagine my comment about Obama evidences racism. Find a picture of Alan Keyes, for whom I twice voted to be the R Presidential candidate.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 07:18:33 PM by SVPete »