Author Topic: Hey Jonathan Lemire...  (Read 239 times)

Offline CC27

Hey Jonathan Lemire...
« on: May 09, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »
Star Member PCIntern (22,264 posts)

Hey Jonathan Lemire...

I’ll get right to the point. I listen to your entire show virtually every morning as I drive him to work which takes me more than an hour so I generally hear the whole episode. Two things:

You talk a mile minute which is fine, but you’re having problems breathing and swallowing. You need to talk to a public speaking expert on how to manage this situation. You are gasping and also smacking your lips which does not work real well, especially when someone is listening as opposed to watching which I would daresay many people are who stream your service into their automobile. You happen to have an excellent style and simply need to work on this in terms of communication skills. Otherwise you’re not all bad…

Secondly, and more importantly, you preface every discussion about the Democratic candidate, an issue which is important to Democrats, the Democratic primary, and anything else that has the word “democratic” attached to it by stating that historical precedent states that the party in power loses the midterms. This disclaimer has become somewhat ridiculous since we are not in ordinary times and for you to have to repeat it three, four, or five times per show is in any case unnecessary. Anyone who watched the Kentucky Derby should know that conventional predictions are often completely askew. Why don’t you mention that historical precedent is that radical candidates are often soundly defeated in what should be otherwise competitive elections. I haven’t heard that from you lately, if ever.

Oh yes, and really, nobody cares who your favorite teams are…you’re not an oddsmaker. It’s extraneous and tedious.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216675225

WTF???  :mental:

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Hey Jonathan Lemire...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 09:09:10 AM »
Secondly, and more importantly, you preface every discussion about the Democratic candidate, an issue which is important to Democrats, the Democratic primary, and anything else that has the word “democratic” attached to it by stating that historical precedent states that the party in power loses the midterms. This disclaimer has become somewhat ridiculous since we are not in ordinary times and for you to have to repeat it three, four, or five times per show is in any case unnecessary.

You're right, this is an abnormally bad time to be a democratic party candidate.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 09:21:07 AM »
Well, if we're not in ordinary times, I recall many other unordinary times when that held true.

Those were pretty rocky, convulsive, uncertain years, but that rule held true.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 10:36:45 AM »
It seems this Jonathan Lemir character is just another kook who has worked or is currently working at the AP, MSNBC, and Politico. So you got a nut driving into work listening to another nut on the radio and then going to a nut pol site and telling other nuts about it.

It's one of many reasons why we can't have nice things.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 11:50:25 AM »
Did that word side salad have a

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.