Author Topic: In my opinion, the Select Committee should go on the offensive.  (Read 450 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
In my opinion, the Select Committee should go on the offensive.
« on: October 23, 2021, 09:02:53 AM »
kentuck (103,542 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215975514

In my opinion, the Select Committee should go on the offensive.

This is the week they have subpoenaed the "Rally Organizers" to appear before the Committee. Some may show up and some may decline.

Those that defy the subpoenas should be treated just like Steve Bannon.

Next week, they should subpoena Mike Pence, Mark Meadows, and Ivanka Trump.

The next week, they should subpoena Donald Trump, Mo Brooks, and Kevin McCarthy.

If they wish to fight it in the Courts, let them. Continue to apply the pressure on them all the time.

Star Member gab13by13 (4,908 posts)

4. I am hearing that Jeffrey Clark

has agreed to testify before the select committee, he is a big fish. He was acting assistant A.G. who wanted Trump to fire Rosen and he would take Rosen's place and do Trump's bidding. Sadly this has not been confirmed by anyone on the select committee, but if true it would be a huge step forward.

Joinfortmill (3,533 posts)

6. Agree and I believe they will play hard ball because....

they now know a LOT about what happened.

Star Member usaf-vet (4,090 posts)

9. They are going to "nice guys and gals" us right out of our Democracy!

I feel it slip, slipping away.

The four generations of this family that put on a uniform to protect our Democracy are angry and disappointed in the "nice guys and gals" approach.

Star Member KS Toronado (4,450 posts)

12. They should subpoena Qrump as soon as possible

We know he'll yell & scream & file lawsuits hoping to prolong going before the committee, it's his MO.
Plus he'll have some loyalists (they're everywhere) in government helping him along the way.
So we should subpoena him ASAP. IMO

OldBaldy1701E (1,723 posts)

13. In my opinion, they should go 'scorched earth'... but they won't. (n/t)

kentuck (103,542 posts)

16. In my opinion, it is the courts that need to resolve this situation, anyway.

Put it into the court system as soon as possible, because it cannot be resolved by the legislative or executive branch. There is too much division.

Let the Courts be the referee.

The sooner it can go to the courts, the better.

It will help to remove much of the politics of the insurrection.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

Re: In my opinion, the Select Committee should go on the offensive.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 09:04:42 AM »
The next week, they should subpoena Donald Trump, Mo Brooks, and Kevin McCarthy.

If they wish to fight it in the Courts, let them. Continue to apply the pressure on them all the time.

IOW, drag this shit out until next year's election.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »
IOW, drag this shit out until next year's election.

At this point anyway, I don’t mind it so much. While normal Americans will be talking about $5+ gas and $20 lb bacon prices, the Dems will be saying effectively “Be quiet you serfs!! That’s not important!! Jan 6th is.”

They aren’t smart enough to do otherwise. And their base will demand it while claiming that the American people really do care more about convicting Trump than feeding their family.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 12:24:20 PM »
Use-ress Arec Barwin.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 01:58:16 PM »
In my opinion, the Select Committee should go on the offensive. eat shit and die.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 02:04:06 PM »
In my opinion, the Select Committee is offensive.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 03:39:32 PM »
What DUmmies are saying.
Outlaw the opposition! Arrest and kill them for our own protection! Unleash the bloody purge!
What Dummies really mean:
Outlaw the opposition! Arrest and kill them for our own protection! Unleash the bloody purge!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 06:08:28 PM »
What DUmmies are saying.
What Dummies really mean:

Release the Krackheads!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 07:54:06 PM »
It's obvious to me that the Committee is stuck trying to keep Pelosi & her henchmen out of it.  They can't.  The minute-by-minute logistics of the Capitol Police have to be explained as they relate to witness-statements. 

As for Team Trump, they were all blocks-away.  That means the entire cases will be about phone-records.  Even deeper scrutiny of what Capitol Police were doing and who told them to do it. 

Deep State thought they were being clever by planning on a wimp like McCarthy panicking and actually believing the left's scuttlebutt... thus he unwittingly called Trump.  That's where we are now, but the story doesn't even last 2-hours in the news-cycle before fading below the surface again.   

I believe Pelosi's phone-records will requested, if they haven't been already. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 08:44:13 PM »
Mark Meadows: Pelosi asked about 'lunch' for Congress members during Jan. 6 Capitol riot
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/mark-meadows-pelosi-asked-about-lunch-congress-members-during-jan-6-capitol

Mark Meadows, former chief of staff to President Trump, said that during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) asked the Department of Defense what time Congress members could get their lunch.

Meadows told the John Solomon Reports podcast on Tuesday that while he wasn't in the room at the time of the call, Pelosi contacted Department of Defense officials later on during the riot and "made an inquiry about what time, you know, our members could actually get their lunch."

"I find it amazing that she was more interested in their culinary position than they are in anything else," he added.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 08:01:42 AM »
It's wryly amusing to see the reaction of DUpipo when they watch what they imagine to be a perfect Gotcha Trump! devolve into a wet fizzle.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.