Author Topic: Biden Open to Eliminating Filibuster on Voting Rights - and Maybe More  (Read 411 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Last night's "town hall" with Anderson Cooper. I didn't watch it because I can't stand watching that addled moron whisper.

Anchor Anderson Cooper said, “But are you saying once you get this current agenda passed on spending and social programs, that you would be open to fundamentally alter the filibuster or doing away with it?”

Biden said, “That remains to be seen exactly what that means in terms of fundamentally altering it or whether or not we just end the filibuster straight up.”

Cooper asked, “When it comes to voting rights, just so I’m clear, though, you would entertain the notion of doing away with the filibuster on that one issue? Is that correct?”

Biden said, “And maybe more.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/10/21/biden-open-to-eliminating-filibuster-on-voting-rights-and-maybe-more/
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Biden Open to Eliminating Filibuster on Voting Rights - and Maybe More
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:25:56 AM »
The democrat party is in favor of eliminating the filibuster,  but only when they are in power in congress.  After they lose congress next year they will be claiming that not having the filibuster is racist, sexist, homo/transphobic and destroying the planet and therefore must be immediately restored.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 12:35:20 PM »
It ain't gonna happen.  When the Republicans regain the Senate the same people who are appalled and scared to death by the prospect of Democrats doing it will be screaming for Mitch to do it.  I'd bet the farm on that.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 04:28:59 PM »
It ain't gonna happen.  When the Republicans regain the Senate the same people who are appalled and scared to death by the prospect of Democrats doing it will be screaming for Mitch to do it.  I'd bet the farm on that.

Agree in principle. This is not the first time that the filibuster has come up in discussion to be trashed. It's been ongoing for years, and then came Harry Reid's so-called "nuclear option" in 2013.

The point I'm trying to make here isn't whether or not the filibuster stays. It's Gropey Joe's position on it.

He was for it before he was against it.

IOW, Gropey Joe cries when he can't have his way.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/186133-reid-triggers-nuclear-option-to-change-senate-rules-and-prohibit-post-cloture-filibusters

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.