Author Topic: To the handful of DUers who haven't figured this out yet:  (Read 459 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
To the handful of DUers who haven't figured this out yet:
« on: October 21, 2021, 09:13:13 AM »
Star Member EarlG (18,901 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215969127

Trans men are men. Trans women are women.

If you're confused about any of the following:

Trans people can get pregnant?!?
But what about biology?!?
How does the whole genitals thing work?!?
Isn't this bathroom thing complicated?!?
What about sports?!?
Uh... chromosomes?!?
In my day it was he and she, what's with all these pronouns?!?
Maybe Dave Chappelle had a point...?!?

...then please go somewhere else on the Internet to work through your confusion, and come back when you're ready to support your fellow trans DUers. DU is not the place to "just ask questions" or "have the right to your opinion" about how you, non-trans person, feel about the existence of trans people, or how their existence should be defined.

If you're serving on a Jury for a potential anti-trans post and you don't understand the issues under discussion, but think you might want to vote to leave the post because this whole thing is "still up for debate," please just back out of that Jury and let someone else take a look. Note that "transphobia" is, and always has been, explicitly listed as one of the categories under the "No bigotry/insensitivity" rule. If you don't know what transphobia is:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/gender-identity/transgender/whats-transphobia

There are many other resources available on the Internet where you can educate yourself about trans people. Again, if you are feeling confusion about any of this, please go educate yourself, rather than trying to work through your confusion here.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/transgender

https://transequality.org/issues/resources/frequently-asked-questions-about-transgender-people

While I'm on the subject, please knock off the "Lindsey Graham is gay/a woman" jokes. Most of you have figured this out by now, and DU Juries actually have a pretty solid track record of removing these posts, but you know what would be even better? If we didn't have to send such bigoted "jokes" to Juries in the first place.

Thanks for reading.

:mental:

Star Member JustAnotherGen (28,024 posts)

1. Thank you

You won't find a bigger fan of Dave Chappelle than me. I've met the guy - and he's warm and kind.

But on this - he's wrong. Full stop. He's wrong.

:yawn:

Star Member MrModerate (9,744 posts)

7. Excuse me, but as a general rule, sincere requests for enlightenment should be respected.

And many people DO consider the information available on DU to be part of their political and social information network.

Maybe this IS one of the places people wanting to inform themselves about could come.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member irisblue (26,709 posts)

12. How about this idea, if a POC person says, that is a racist statement Mr Moderate, you go Oh!

Take your self around the internet, learn a bit more, then come back. To continue the discussion with an open ear and mind and believe what is told to you by another DUer

:whatever:

19. I dunno. That doesn't look like open discussion to me.

Not that DU is supposed to be a primary school for sorting out one's liberal/progressive beliefs. But still a lot of the topics discussed here of interest to DUers are of interest because they're outside the person's immediate experience.

I'm not sure that resentment is the best response to a request for someone else's insight.

:popcorn:

Star Member Elessar Zappa (7,445 posts)

16. A lot of the posts he's talking about

are outright anti-trans and have no place on this website.

Doodley (7,946 posts)

20. I've never seen an anti-trans post on DU. If asking questions, trying to understand, or saying that

female athletes who were born male may have an advantage are anti-trans, then I disagree.

:hammer:

Star Member hlthe2b (88,633 posts)

9. Agree. There is a lot of catching up to do in society, but I'd like to think DUers would be more informed and enlightened (or at least educate themselves with sincere, respectful questions because I agree there is a place for that as well).

That said, medicine has not caught up to a lot of issues. I can't tell you how many physician colleagues still preach that trans men can't become pregnant because they are on testosterone supplementation and who tell their patients the latter has a "sterilizing" or menopause-inducing effect. They can and do. And if physicians (not only older ones) are confused, I can assure you the general public is beyond uninformed on this issue.

:thatsright:

Star Member Hortensis (48,388 posts)

11. "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."

Liberalism.

There's some more about everyone being endowed with the right to "pursuit of happiness," and other unspecified rights. Thomas Jefferson and others who signed this were of course aware that peple came in more than two genders who oriented only to the other.

Thanks, EarlG.

Liberalism in action.

:thatsright:

Doodley (7,946 posts)

17. What does this mean? Are you implying Lindsey Graham is gay?

"While I'm on the subject, please knock off the "Lindsey Graham is gay/a woman" jokes. Most of you have figured this out by now.."

Star Member Roisin Ni Fiachra (1,715 posts)

21. Well said, thank you.

A much needed, and greatly appreciated, post. Bookmarking.

:jerkit:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: To the handful of DUers who haven't figured this out yet:
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 09:39:12 AM »
other unspecified rights.

Some of witch are:
the right to be STUPID
The right to shout down your opposition
The right to mock those who have different beliefs
The right to burn and destroy what is public property and property of others.
The right to loot for reperations.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:19:58 AM »
To the gulags for reeducation!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 12:19:55 PM »

If you're confused about any of the following:

Trans people can get pregnant?!? No
But what about biology?!? Yes, unless you follow the "new" biology which ignores reality
How does the whole genitals thing work?!?If you don't know at your age, you got issues.
Isn't this bathroom thing complicated?!?Nope, men stay out out the ladies rest room
What about sports?!?How about NOW's silence on the whole issue?
Uh... chromosomes?!?Ya, ya it DOES
In my day it was he and she, what's with all these pronouns?!?Pretty straight forward simpleton.
Maybe Dave Chappelle had a point...?!?Yup
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 12:35:20 PM »
EarlG is the one who hasn’t figured it out yet. Biological males are males and biological females are females. Anything else is nutsoworld.  :mental:

This has to be about the walkout at Netflix over the Dave Chappelle special. Who cares if he disagrees with a bunch of freaks.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 01:31:41 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 01:53:03 PM »

19. I dunno. That doesn't look like open discussion to me.

That's a foreign concept at the DUmp.

Star Member Elessar Zappa (7,445 posts)

16. A lot of the posts he's talking about

are outright anti-trans and have no place on this website.

Whenever I see the adjectives homophobic, transphobic, racist, anti-fill in the blank, I question are the actually any of that (say calling for the immediate and forced lobotomization of any gender confused person ) or just someone out of goosestep with the hive mind (like questioning allowing men who identify as women to be put in women's prisons).

Doodley (7,946 posts)

20. I've never seen an anti-trans post on DU.

Cause if you read the rest of thread, they are memory holed by the great enlightened higher ups of the DUmp.

Fun aside, tried to check my spelling of lobotomization with a DDG search and look what popped up...
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 02:26:26 PM »
EarlG (18,905 posts)

Wrong on both counts DUmbass. I can grab a DNA sample off of any one of you chumps and it'll tell me whether you're a man or a woman with absolute certitude. No amount of hormones, surgery, pronouns or your feelings on the matter will change it. Science 1, DUmp monkeys 0.  :loser:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »

Fun aside, tried to check my spelling of lobotomization with a DDG search and look what popped up...

That's worth sharing on Facebook.