Author Topic: Schiff 'vehemently' disagrees with Attorney General Garland's reluctance to purs  (Read 466 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member AZProgressive (28,111 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215964866

Schiff 'vehemently' disagrees with Attorney General Garland's reluctance to pursue Trump

:jerkit:

In unusually pointed comments about a member of President Biden’s Cabinet, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff says he “vehemently” disagrees with Attorney General Merrick Garland’s failure so far to aggressively investigate former President Donald Trump for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election and other matters.

Appearing Tuesday on the Yahoo News “Skullduggery” podcast, the California Democrat was asked about the Garland Justice Department’s reluctance to launch investigations of the former president based on the 2018 report by former special counsel Robert Mueller that spelled out Trump’s efforts to obstruct the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. In a new book, “Midnight in Washington: How We Almost Lost Our Democracy and Still Could,” Schiff writes that he viewed Mueller’s report as providing “a factual basis to charge the president with multiple crimes of obstruction.”

“I think there's a real desire on the part of the attorney general, for the most part, not to look backward,” Schiff said in response. “Do I disagree with that? I do disagree with that, and I disagree with it most vehemently when it comes to what I consider even more serious offenses. For example, a taped conversation of Donald J. Trump on the phone with Brad Raffensperger, the secretary of state from Georgia, trying to coerce him into fraudulently finding 11,780 votes.

“Because I think if you or I did that, we'd be under indictment by now,” Schiff added. “In my view, you don't ignore the crimes that have been committed by a president of the United States. They need to be investigated. You may reach the judgment once you've investigated something that the public interest in not prosecuting a former president outweighs the interests of justice. But I don't think you could ignore the crimes.”

:yawn:

Eliot Rosewater (27,541 posts)

1. Thank god Adam is speaking out because we are for sure done for good if trump isnt pursued

Zeitghost (460 posts)

2. Someone

Here needs to explain to the good Congressman that he doesn't know what AG Garland is up to and he should stay quiet and not question their methods.

:whatever:

Eyeball_Kid (6,154 posts)

4. If Garland is actively investigating Trump's crimes, we'll know by what Schiff now does.

Because Schiff has now placed himself in a position to receive a phone call from someone at DOJ telling him what the DOJ is actually doing. We no longer hear from Schiff that he's concerned about the conjectured reluctance to pursue Trump if Schiff is told that things are moving along. Schiff will then quiet down because he's not prone to putting on theatrics if he knows something.

:yawn:

Star Member Grasswire2 (10,069 posts)

10. there it is again, DAMMIT

That damned "Look forward, not back" strategy that is why we are where we are.

Every time Republicans have attacked the Constitution and the American stability with their crimes, they have gotten away with it because of this "strategy."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Danmark (29 posts)

11. Garland Must Go!

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

“Because I think if you or I did that, we'd be under indictment by now,” Schiff added.

Now do Madame Runner-up, Hillary Clinton.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Ewww...  :puke:

Not even Comrade Bill does Madame Runner-Up, Hillary Clinton if he can possibly avoid it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:44:52 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
This is Garland’s way of saying, "Sh-h-h-h-h! It was really us!"
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Adam Schifforbrains should be charged with obstruction of justice. After all he claimed to have evidence of the crimes he claimed Trump committed. By withholding that evidence, he is aiding and abetting and obstructing justice. :cheersmate:

Offline SVPete

And AlGore the Wooden.

Schifftyroo could not name a single thing Trump actually did that was illegal. He's just pissed that Shampeachment 1.0 failed, Shampeachment 2.0 failed, and the FBI investigation of 1/6 found it was utterly unorganized - not by political organizers, not by Trump.

I'm tempted to suggest that Garland is less dishonest and delusional than Schifftyroo - which he may be - but unlike Schifftyroo and his Kongressional Kangaroo Kourts, Garland would have to present actual evidence of an actual crime before a judge who could dismiss the case as groundless. Garland might even be smart enough to realize - something Schifftyroo clearly is not - that such an abject defeat would be a yuge PR win for Trump.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 08:11:18 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

schiff is the poster boy for TDS on steroids
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

schiff is the poster boy for TDS on steroids

Plus meth and acid.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
In his desperate attempt to get out in front of something that hasn't even happened yet, Schiff makes himself look even more stupid. This matter hasn't even been presented before the House for a vote, much less be sent to the DOJ, and already this whacko is decrying that Garland has dropped it.

Anyone who's been called to testify to this farce committee has every right to appeal their appearance on legal grounds. And even if it doesn't work, Bannon will plead the 5th which is not an admittance of guilt, though the left will portray it that way. Won't work.

Besides, the only people paying attention to this whole charade are LW dimwits and those who are laughing at them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

Ewww...  :puke:

Not even Comrade Bill does Madame Runner-Up, Hillary Clinton if he can possibly avoid it.

Is that clown still in intensive care getting his Syphilis taken care of at the expense of taxpayers?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
Adam Schitt is still hung up on Russiagate? There's a shock. If he wants Garland to after Trump for that then Schitt ought to provide the evidence that claims he's had for years. I'm sure it'd go a long way to help things. Or conversely, he can STFU and move on because Russiagate been disproven over and over. I swear the only people who still believe it happened are Schitt, Rachel Maddow, and DUmmies. Damn that a trifecta of stupid if I've ever seen one.  :thatsright:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Schiff makes me want to club baby seals.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

I don't know that he pushes me that far - the baby seals din'du nuffin, after all - but he definitely makes "gay bashing" -with real cudgels- more enticing every time he opens his cock holster.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I used to go clubbing with seals. They're surprisingly good dancers. You'd think EDM and flippers wouldn't work well together but they managed to pull it off.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."