Author Topic: primitive whines about health care in Joe Biden's America  (Read 299 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive whines about health care in Joe Biden's America
« on: October 18, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215960460

Oh my.

AngryOldDem (11,646 posts)     Mon Oct 18, 2021, 02:13 PM

Anyone else experience this?

I have to vent because I am in one hell of a lot of pain. I realize this is small potatoes, but I’ve had it.

This morning I was diagnosed with a corneal abrasion. The pain with this is intense. Direct light — especially sunlight — makes me want to scream. Thank God I was able to get an appointment with my opthamologist early today. He submitted two prescriptions to CVS at 9 a.m. — I watched him do it — and wanted me to start by midday.

I had to leave work around noon. My job involves editing, so I’m kind of screwed until this gets under control. I got to the CVS around 1:15. “Sorry….it’s not ready.” Exactly what they told the man front of me. “It will be about 30 minutes.” Exactly what they told the man in front of me. Do they wait until people show up to fill stuff?

I don’t remember the last time any prescription of mine was filled in a timely manner, and this is before COVID. I’ve called in refills a day or two before, and they STILL were “not ready, come back in 30,” even though I gave them a generous window of time. Although I pay through my HSA, I have to use CVS because of insurance, and I am sick of being told how to manage every damn facet of my health care by insurance. I would love to take my business elsewhere.

The excuse is, “we’re short staffed,” which more and more I’m taking as code word for “we don’t give a shit when this gets filled, or how you’re feeling.” I think of people who are much worse off than me here.

I was hoping to get these eyedrops, get home, and rest my eye for the rest of the day. But I have to go back out into the excruciating light, and hope they’ve gotten around to filling it. Maybe I’m just getting crochety, and I don’t tolerate pain well, but things that used to be no big deal are the equivalent of dinosaurs mating these days. ****ing tired of it.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

Get used to it.  This is Joe Biden's America, the America you voted for.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: primitive whines about health care in Joe Biden's America
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 02:38:49 PM »
Misdiagnosed. You're turning into a vampire. Have some garlic pills and call me in the morning.(or dont)
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 02:42:07 PM »
AngryOldDem (11,646 posts)     Mon Oct 18, 2021, 02:13 PM

Anyone else experience this?

I have to vent because I am in one hell of a lot of pain. I realize this is small potatoes, but I’ve had it.

This morning I was diagnosed with a corneal abrasion. The pain with this is intense. Direct light — especially sunlight — makes me want to scream. Thank God I was able to get an appointment with my opthamologist early today. He submitted two prescriptions to CVS at 9 a.m. — I watched him do it — and wanted me to start by midday.

I had to leave work around noon. My job involves editing, so I’m kind of screwed until this gets under control. I got to the CVS around 1:15. “Sorry….it’s not ready.” Exactly what they told the man front of me. “It will be about 30 minutes.” Exactly what they told the man in front of me. Do they wait until people show up to fill stuff?

I don’t remember the last time any prescription of mine was filled in a timely manner, and this is before COVID. I’ve called in refills a day or two before, and they STILL were “not ready, come back in 30,” even though I gave them a generous window of time. Although I pay through my HSA, I have to use CVS because of insurance, and I am sick of being told how to manage every damn facet of my health care by insurance. I would love to take my business elsewhere.

The excuse is, “we’re short staffed,” which more and more I’m taking as code word for “we don’t give a shit when this gets filled, or how you’re feeling.” I think of people who are much worse off than me here.

I was hoping to get these eyedrops, get home, and rest my eye for the rest of the day. But I have to go back out into the excruciating light, and hope they’ve gotten around to filling it. Maybe I’m just getting crochety, and I don’t tolerate pain well, but things that used to be no big deal are the equivalent of dinosaurs mating these days. ****ing tired of it.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

I hear sitting at home with a mask on, thinking about how great Kamala Harris is can be a great comfort to you Democrats. Give it a try.

That, or just ESAD.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »
What a spoiled BRAT! Pharmacists are humans, and preparing prescriptions takes time. Big whoop!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.