Author Topic: Far Too Many Businesses Would Embrace Slavery, MineralMan  (Read 323 times)

Offline CC27

Far Too Many Businesses Would Embrace Slavery, MineralMan
« on: October 18, 2021, 11:04:43 AM »
MineralMan (139,633 posts)

Far Too Many Businesses Would Embrace Slavery

if they had the chance. They're crying already because too few people are willing to work for low wages that can't support even a single person, much less a family. They're saying they won't be able to stay in business because "too many people don't want to work."

We're about one step away from some industries calling for bringing immigrants into the United States as indentured servants, working for room and board and committed by contract to work for that employer without further compensation under those conditions for multiple years before being able to leave and return to their home countries.

Put that idea in appealing language that didn't use the word slavery and you'd find many small business owners eager to sign onto such a program. I guarantee it.

Call it the "Immigrant's Freedom to Work Compact," and watch employers line up to sign on.

Instead of competing for workers in a fair-pay, living wage environment, they whine about not being able to find people to hire. Meanwhile, they drive to their business in a new Lexus from their home in an affluent suburb and expect their employees to live on lousy wages so the business owners can further enrich themselves.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215959910

Wow are you stupid.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Far Too Many Businesses Would Embrace Slavery, MineralMan
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:09:30 AM »
It the left that wants millions of low wage workers to come across the border.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 11:14:37 AM »
We're about one step away from some industries calling for bringing immigrants into the United States as indentured servants, working for room and board and committed by contract to work for that employer without further compensation under those conditions for multiple years before being able to leave and return to their home countries.

Um, that's not "one step away", that's pretty much what is happening now.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »
Um, that's not "one step away", that's pretty much what is happening now.

It's the heart of the HUMAN TRAFFICKING business model, and the Dim'Rats are in it up to their bushy li'l eyebrows.

Face it; the leftists never got over the Republicans freeing their slaves 150 years ago.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 11:27:09 AM »

if they had the chance. They're crying already because too few people are willing to work for low wages that can't support even a single person, much less a family. ...

::)  :mental: US slave owners paid their slaves? :mental:  ::)  :mental: Who knew?! :mental:  ::)

Jobs that "can't support even a single person" are entry level jobs, for students to learn about the working world and people wanting to supplement their incomes. The solution for people trying to "support a single person" or "family" is to increase their value through education - whether academic for a remunerative career path or an in-demand skill - not artificially raising the minimum wage. That kills jobs and raises others' wages, so that those earning minimum wage are less well off than before.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 11:34:53 AM »

And most if not all of them are run by leftist proggies with no morals.

By all means, prove me wrong, I'll wait. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 12:59:25 PM »

This sort of trope has always been interesting to me. DU has always held, for example, that Republicans would love to kill liberals on sight "if it was legal." In other words, the only thing supposedly stopping us bloodthirsty, murderous, irredeemable racist scumbag psychopaths is that it's illegal.  Weird, huh?

Now we see the claim that if companies could have free labor, they'd take it. To which I say: no shit. Of course they would. And? Then what?

I think it's time for MineralMan to rethink his material.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 01:08:46 PM »
For once a DUmbass Duchebag is correct. I'll name a few and let others figure out their political affiliation.

NIKE
APPLE
GE
LEVI STRAUSS
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.