Author Topic: Walgreens is abandoning San Francisco  (Read 757 times)

Offline Muddling 2

Walgreens is abandoning San Francisco
« on: October 17, 2021, 08:04:07 AM »
Walgreens is abandoning San Francisco because leftist policies created a shoplifting crisis.

"Economics students learn in their 101 classes that basic markets can’t function without a few prerequisites — namely, the protection of private property rights. It’s an introductory concept because it’s almost self-evident: How can people do business if they’re not secure in their property and profits? Yet the furthest-left faction of today’s Democratic Party, which governs in the most liberal bastions such as San Francisco, has abandoned even this most basic lesson. And, just as econ 101 predicted, stores are abandoning the California city in droves.

Just this week, the pharmacy chain Walgreens announced that it will close five of its stores in San Francisco, citing theft and retail crime as the main motivator behind its decision.

“Organized retail crime continues to be a challenge facing retailers across San Francisco, and we are not immune to that,” Walgreens spokesman Phil Caruso said . “Retail theft across our San Francisco stores has continued to increase in the past few months to five times our chain average. During this time, to help combat this issue, we increased our investments in security measures in stores across the city to 46 times our chain average in an effort to provide a safe environment.”

These aren’t the first stores in San Francisco that theft has forced Walgreens to shut down. In October 2020, it closed one location that was reportedly losing more than $1,000 a day due to shoplifting."

Link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/walgreens-is-abandoning-san-francisco-because-leftist-policies-created-a-shoplifting-crisis
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Walgreens is abandoning San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 08:54:34 AM »
 To all San Francisco liberals...:ownit:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 01:41:26 PM »
Out of curiosity I Googled "Walgreen's locations in San Francisco". Currently there are 20 locations in San Francisco. Walgreen's is closing 25% of their remaining stores due to rampant shoplifting and crime thanks to Proposition 47 and refusal of SF city government to do anything about the shoplifting going on. My guess it won't be long before the remaining 15 SF Walgreen's locations shut their doors permenantly and the company never returns.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 08:29:34 PM »
Out of curiosity I Googled "Walgreen's locations in San Francisco". Currently there are 20 locations in San Francisco. Walgreen's is closing 25% of their remaining stores due to rampant shoplifting and crime thanks to Proposition 47 and refusal of SF city government to do anything about the shoplifting going on. My guess it won't be long before the remaining 15 SF Walgreen's locations shut their doors permenantly and the company never returns.

I'm looking forward to the plaintive wails of leftists decrying that there's no place in the city to fill prescriptions anymore.

:ownit:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 04:16:51 AM »
I'm looking forward to the plaintive wails of leftists decrying that there's no place in the city to fill prescriptions anymore.

:ownit:

I'm not so sure they're interested in having their prescriptions filled when they're busy dodging human piles of shit on the street next to used syringes.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 10:19:57 AM »
I'm not so sure they're interested in having their prescriptions filled when they're busy dodging human piles of shit on the street next to used syringes.

You're almost certainly correct, but they will definitely need some sort of excuse to seize upon in order to decry Walgreens leaving the Shitty of Shan Franshisko [/Sean_Connery] as a direct result of their horrible policies. The inability to fill their prescriptions will just be the first excuse resorted to; doesn't mean it will be any more honest than anything else coming out of a leftist's soup cooler.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 10:44:57 AM »
You're almost certainly correct, but they will definitely need some sort of excuse to seize upon in order to decry Walgreens leaving the Shitty of Shan Franshisko [/Sean_Connery] as a direct result of their horrible policies. The inability to fill their prescriptions will just be the first excuse resorted to; doesn't mean it will be any more honest than anything else coming out of a leftist's soup cooler.

the headlines will read something like...

"BIG PHARMA TURNS IT'S BACK ON MINORITIES AND PEOPLE OF COLOR IN THE CITY IN FAVOR OF BIGGER PROFITS"

"WHERE WILL THESE POOR MINORITIES AND PEOPLE OF COLOR GET THE MEDICATION THEY NEED TO SURVIVE?"

"CITY LEADERS DEMAND THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION ACT IMMEDIATELY WITH AN INJUNCTION TO STOP THIS RACIST MOVE BY BIG PHARMA"

and on and on and on....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 10:55:25 AM »
Now the thieves will have to take an uber to go shoplifting!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh!!, the HORROR!!!!! :-* :-* :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 01:40:20 PM »

Well, excuses are what leftists bray. Up and down, left and right. Uh....more "left" than right, that is.  :-)

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »
Well, excuses are what leftists bray. Up and down, left and right. Uh....more "left" than right, that is.  :-)

Excuses are what leftist scum bray, because they certainly can't mention anything about RESULTS.

:cheersmate:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »
Excuses are what leftist scum bray, because they certainly can't mention anything about RESULTS.

:cheersmate:

true dat.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 05:05:15 PM »
Walgreens is getting push back from the left. They claim that Walgreens is closing store stores, not because of thefts but because of over-saturation of the market.

If that is true, then closing 5 stores is still the right thing to do from a business standpoint.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 05:57:58 PM »
Walgreens is getting push back from the left. They claim that Walgreens is closing store stores, not because of thefts but because of over-saturation of the market.

If that is true, then closing 5 stores is still the right thing to do from a business standpoint.

And old and probably still accurate Chicago truism or joke on giving directions:

Upon telling someone that a bar or restaurant is located at Pulaski and Diversey, the respondent will inevitably say, "is that the block that the Walgreens or the Starbucks is on"?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender