Author Topic: Voting at the bullet box  (Read 500 times)

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Voting at the bullet box
« on: October 16, 2021, 11:10:24 AM »
Assassination of a British MP, our American assassinations of the '60s, the GOP softball game attack, violent but non-lethal assaults on lawmakers; these are ideologically inspired. 

We are in an era where politically inspired assassinations are a very real possibility.  And my fear is that what is possible will turn into reality.

What do I mean by politically inspired assassinations?

Consider the profound repercussions on the direction of the country of any of these events:

1. A GOP senator who would be replaced by a Democrat Governor.
2. A Democrat senator who would be replaced by a GOP Governor.
3. A handful of House assassinations.

There are evil zealots on both sides.  I did not say all zealots are evil.  I pray none of this comes to pass, I don't know if the Republic would survive.

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Voting at the bullet box
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 11:50:44 AM »
First mistake: assuming there are two sides to the political equation here in the US.

There aren't "Two Parties" in America. There is a unified POLITICAL CLASS engaged in a century long divide and conquer operation against the American people for personal power.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 12:19:57 PM »
I am not suggesting that any of these activities are going to originate in either party's leadership (or the uniparty, if you prefer) but by overenthusiastic amoral political zealots be they left or right.

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 01:28:48 PM »
First mistake: assuming there are two sides to the political equation here in the US.

There aren't "Two Parties" in America. There is a unified POLITICAL CLASS engaged in a century long divide and conquer operation against the American people for personal power.

There is deeper meaning in this bit than most people realized:
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 01:36:24 PM »

Statement of the Day.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 01:45:57 PM »

^^This.

I'd put it longer ago than a century. The vermin started coming out roughly in line with Andrew Jackson and it got worse as time went on. When the 17th Amendment was enacted (corruption in state legislatures was ostensibly the reason to wrest election of senators from those legislatures) and the followup progressive crap that ensued, made it even worse. FDR, LBJ, Tricky Dick, and the rest of the clown show fronted the deepening Deep State that now controls most everything in D.C.

And the clamoring that you see, and the dickdance that is paraded around every four years (interrupted by the mid-terms) is the sound of those power-hungry youngsters trying to get in for some of that gravy.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 04:08:15 PM »

That is why Trump was the enemy of both parties.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 04:44:06 PM »
That is why Trump was the enemy of both parties.

Yup,

The Donald was their best-est buddy evah (remember all the politicians Trump boasted of buying: who do you think he was talking about?) so long as he stayed in his lane as a businessman. The moment he dared to cross over into the Political Caste however, all the stops were pulled by their lordships to ensure he didn't permanently upset their little extortion racket.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus