Author Topic: why is bannon not in prison  (Read 644 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
why is bannon not in prison
« on: October 14, 2021, 08:48:18 AM »
rdking647 (5,080 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215949252

why is bannon not in prison

hes not complying with the jan6th committee orders.
why isnt he in prison.
its time for congress to do its job. haul his ass into prison. use inherent contempt. no more delays,no more stalling.
send us marshals to arrest him especially since he wasnt actually part of the administration. the coup attempt was 9 months ago. either haul his ass into prison or just admit that the us is done as a democracy since there seems to be no consequences for planning a violent coup

:bird:

PoliticAverse (24,290 posts)

1. Bannon is supposed to appear today. Congress can take the next steps if he doesn't. n/t

PoliticAverse (24,290 posts)

3. His lawyers have already indicated he won't be complying based on Trump's executive privilege claim.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/576033-trump-the-elections-and-jan-6-what-you-might-have-missed-this-week

“We must accept his direction and honor his invocation of executive privilege. As such, until these issues are resolved, we are unable to respond to your request for documents and testimony,” Robert Costello, Bannon’s attorney, wrote in a letter to the committee.

Star Member Haggard Celine (13,667 posts)

4. He needs it.

He's a nasty-looking mother****er. I can practically smell him over the internet.

Star Member TreasonousBastard (39,141 posts)

5. Patience, Grasshopper. First, he has to actually refuse the subpoena, if indeed one has...

actually been issued.

The, the committee has to find him in contempt, possibly even to send the whole mess over to a US attorney. Either way, the House has to file contempt charges.

Finally, after all this legal folderol, the Sergeant at Arms may haul his ass to the slam. Or may not.

The last time this actually happened was back in, I believe, 1934, so they're still kinda figuring it out themselves.

Star Member Bluethroughu (1,635 posts)

6. He has and is actively calling for an end of this Country, by force.

Sedition? Treason?

Put these traitors in prison, they acted on their threats.

Fullduplexxx (5,186 posts)

11. Why do Insurrectionists get to go on vacations and ball games before their court date

Why do they get community service for storming the capitol and being part of a mob intent on killing the speaker and v.p.?

::)

Star Member Hugin (29,383 posts)

12. He was preemptively pardoned by TFG.

So he and Stone could foment an insurrection as to return the favor.

:stoner:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: why is bannon not in prison
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 09:14:13 AM »
Cool! Now do Eric Holder.  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 09:43:01 AM »
Let's see ... AFAIK, courts have not ruled that the subpoena is actually legal and binding ... then there's due process rights ...

Miss Nancy needs her Kangaroo Kourt proceedings to be opaque, brief, and concise. I think her wishes will, again, not be fulfilled, and the outcome will be a threat to just about every prosecution of persons present on 1/6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QynEIih73z4

(I wish videos could be embedded in the Cave. The above is apt.)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »
DU is discussing Bannon again... ?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 10:00:53 AM »

Miss Nancy's Kangaroo Kourt subpoenaed him and he is resisting.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 10:31:55 AM »

I think in the mind of the DUmmy, we are all petrified that Steve Bannon might be in legal trouble. While I'd hate to see him railroaded, I don't lose much sleep over him or anyone else.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »
     I think in the mind of the DUmmy, we are all petrified that Steve Bannon might be in legal trouble. While I'd hate to see him railroaded, I don't lose much sleep over him or anyone else.

DU-grade Proggies seem to live in a world in which they need and have bogey(wo)men to hate, and heroes to worship. Because that is their world they imagine we live in a mirror-image world of bogeys and heroes.

There are people in this world I respect or disrespect, but I have just one Hero. DUpipo hate Him, of course, but are they going to do, crucify Him?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 11:36:43 AM »
Difficult to tell, but an honest question.  Do the DUmmies hate President Trump or Steve Bannon more?  Man do even the wimmen have a hard on for that guy.  Similar to their unhinged hatred for Karl Rove in the G.W. Bush era.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 11:50:14 AM »
Difficult to tell, but an honest question.  Do the DUmmies hate President Trump or Steve Bannon more?  Man do even the wimmen have a hard on for that guy.  Similar to their unhinged hatred for Karl Rove in the G.W. Bush era.

As with Rove, I think it galls them to no end that there are people who are actually able to think and act strategically to make political things happen. If we've learned anything from DU, it's that they all see themselves as political strategists par excellence, and if only the Dems would LISTEN to them, why, they'd never lose another election. So when they see someone have actual success in that arena, it hits at their little fee-fees that they're utter and complete eunuchs in the political arena (and effectively eunuchs in most other arenae).

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 01:17:10 PM »
    As with Rove, I think it galls them to no end that there are people who are actually able to think and act strategically to make political things happen. If we've learned anything from DU, it's that they all see themselves as political strategists par excellence, and if only the Dems would LISTEN to them, why, they'd never lose another election. So when they see someone have actual success in that arena, it hits at their little fee-fees that they're utter and complete eunuchs in the political arena (and effectively eunuchs in most other arenae).

As we've seen for 20 years, even when a DUmmy tries to run for office, their inner moonbat policies cause them to finish as poorly as Omaha Steve Dawes.  Remember, he finished 7th in a field of 5 running for city council.

Even though I disagree with Democrat/liberal political advisors or campaign folks, some of them have been very successful at winning.  So a modicum of grudging respect.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 01:23:46 PM »
As we've seen for 20 years, even when a DUmmy tries to run for office, their inner moonbat policies cause them to finish as poorly as Omaha Steve Dawes.  Remember, he finished 7th in a field of 5 running for city council.

Even though I disagree with Democrat/liberal political advisors or campaign folks, some of them have been very successful at winning.  So a modicum of grudging respect.

We all have to admit that the Dems have had some pretty effective strategists, but those people are light years ahead of the DUmmies who think a campaign strategy is someone sceaming "**** YOU!!!" at the top their lungs.

Or, "**** YOU, SIR!!!!" if that asshole TheMagistrate is involved.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline CC27

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 05:39:02 PM »
     We all have to admit that the Dems have had some pretty effective strategists, but those people are light years ahead of the DUmmies who think a campaign strategy is someone sceaming "**** YOU!!!" at the top their lungs.

Or, "**** YOU, SIR!!!!" if that asshole TheMagistrate is involved.

Yeah, that jack-hole is one of the worst with his condescension.  Same to many of the scions of DUmmyville. 

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 05:46:43 PM »

yeah, and that was after plying the electorate with free mini tacos...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 06:09:27 PM »
"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 12:53:32 AM »

They're afraid of him.  He's relentless and has the ability of motivating his "posse" to melt congressional switchboards.  Like a dog chewing a bone.  His bone of choice is the November 3rd steal.

Interestingly, Bannon, Rudi Giuliani, Peter Navarro and a few others were sanctioned by Red China 10 minutes after Biden took the oath of office.  That's a good enough recommendation for me.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 09:11:20 AM »
Re the DU OP "question", the reason Steve Bannon is not in prison is that he hasn't committed a crime.

Were "Contempt for Congress" a crime, 3/4 of the US would be in prison. :rotf:  :tongue:

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 09:24:20 AM »
Re the DU OP "question", the reason Steve Bannon is not in prison is that he hasn't committed a crime.

Were "Contempt for Congress" a crime, 3/4 of the US would be in prison. :rotf:  :tongue:

It's a trite observation at this point, but liberals actually believe that "anything I don't like, including the person themselves" is punishable by prison time. Not only that, but they have a very Merrie Melodies concept of the penal system, wherein at 8am someone is accused of a "crime", at 9am that person is arrested and frogmarched to the onanistic delight of onlookers, at 9:05am a sentence is pronounced, and at 9:30am the newly-minted inmate is placed in the penitentiary. Then we cut to 9:30pm, where the inmate is repeatedly anally raped, again to the delight of "liberals" who otherwise abhor prison violence, and who otherwise decry the innocence of the large black men they imagine will do the gang raping.

If, after 20 years of reading DU, I have this wrong, someone please correct me. I think the only possible deviation from the timeline above is when someone is allotted a period of time to appear for his frogmarch. This period of time is somewhere between 23 and 25 business hours - I forget. 
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 09:57:12 AM »
rdking647 (5,080 posts)

Why is Bannon not in prison?

Because, unlike you, we believe that someone should be convicted of a crime before being incarcerated. Unlike you we believe that people are perfectly fine having different beliefs than us. Unlike you we believe that, in the United States, people should not be locked up as political prisoners for disagreeing with the party in charge in DC.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:59:16 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe