Author Topic: Do Republicans believe in gravity? Cyrano  (Read 316 times)

Offline CC27

Do Republicans believe in gravity? Cyrano
« on: October 13, 2021, 10:44:02 AM »

Wed Oct 13, 2021, 10:52 AM
Star Member Cyrano (13,132 posts)

Do Republicans believe in gravity?

The last I heard, the concept of gravity was part of science. And since Republicans proudly proclaim their non-belief in science, it's why I ask that question.

The truth, as we all know, is that they all believe in gravity. The rest of their anti-science crap is pure politics, as well as very selective. We know for sure that millions of them don't believe in science when it come to vaccines. Countless numbers of them have died to prove their belief.

I must admit that I sometimes wish that their non-belief in science extended to gravity. Think how many of their voters would seek greater heights to jump from to prove that gravity is a hoax spread by the liberal media.

In my more charitable moments, I'm glad they're not that foolish. After all, think of the poor bastards who would have to scrape up the remains.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215947047

:whatever:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Do Republicans believe in gravity? Cyrano
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 10:58:03 AM »
Keep living in fear, dutiful sheep.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »
Quote from:
Cyrano

Yes. And watching you idiots falling hard will make gravity even more popular.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
Wed Oct 13, 2021, 10:52 AM
Star Member Cyrano (13,132 posts)

The last I heard, the concept of gravity was part of science

The last I heard, it is a scientific fact that there are two genders.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 11:23:57 AM »
Science says chromosomes and genitalia determine gender, not one's feeeeelllinggs.
Science says the earth's climate has gone through numerous pendulum swings long before we started building factories or bred giant herds of farting cows.
Science says the kung flu kills and hospitalizes a tiny percentage of people who are infected with it.
Science says there's no evidence of new genetic information spontaneously generating to create new species from old.
Economic science says corporations don't pay taxes, they increase prices.

Who has issues with science again?

Shots fired.
   :killemall:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 11:24:25 AM »
     I am amused by the trope that conservatives don't believe in science. Well, that's PARTIALLY true, but only to the extent that we are referring to LIBERAL science, which is characterized by groupthink, proof-by-celebrity, sample-of-one, and selective acceptance of things that are all simply and plainly true.

Climate change: there is no definitive proof that climate phenomena are manmade. In LIBERAL scientific orthodoxy, 'a bunch of scientists agree' constitutes proof. It actually doesn't. It's just plain groupthink. Science is never "settled," especially when we are attempting to compare the Earth's climate to periods no one was around to measure accurately.

Gender: there are exactly two. Period. But in LIBERAL science, Island of Dr Moreau-cum-Josef Mengele experiments that sew a "uterus" in a man's stomach implies that one can switch genders. One cannot. There are males, females, and people who have mutilated themselves due to some unaddressed mental or emotional disturbance.

COVID: Overwhelmingly, nearly exclusively, kills the old and already-infirm. Yet liberal science says we all must vaccinate and wear masks lest someone get what amounts to a case of inconvenient sniffles.

And so on. I could also add Inflation to that list; the current liberal orthodoxy is that there is none. It's just "KKKorporations" wanting higher profits. I would no more trust a liberal to understand and explain economics than I would trust my dog to do my taxes. I could also add marijuana to that list, which is beginning to toss off data that it might be responsible for heart disease. But rather than accept that inhaling smoke from a burning plant in your lungs might just have unintended negative consequences, liberal "science" assures us that we are just squares, and they've been smoking weed for decades and nothing happened to THEM.

We believe in ACTUAL science, you loser buffoons, not what some asshole on television (psst - real scientists don't need to self-apply "The Science Guy" to their names) says, and not what some singer or actor tells us is science.  If a conservative person says something that is plainly stupid and anti-science, we know it. We just don't require the pats on the back that you do for noticing it.

In the spirit of science, however, I propose an experiment: why don't all of you DUmmies eat shit, and see how many of you die? Whatever the answer turns out to be, it won't be enough for my taste.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 11:36:57 AM »
 :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn: Why does Star Moron Cyrano feel a need to virtue-signal for DUmp Cred? :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:32:14 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 12:26:15 PM »
Yes. And watching you idiots falling hard will make gravity even more popular.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 01:07:14 PM »
Yes...

🚁

🤸‍♂️

🌊🌊🌊
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."