Author Topic: Everyone should pay their taxes, even low income earners. Having said that, want  (Read 460 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215944894

WarGamer
Everyone should pay their taxes, even low income earners. Having said that, want to lose 300 Seats?

For **** sakes...

I know that the right will exaggerate the new IRS data reporting requirements. In fact, Politifact is already debunking GOP claims about it.

However... the very idea, the notion of increased scrutiny of lower income Americans is unbelievable.

Want to scrutinize the single Mom who sells homemade candles at the Farmer's Market? Your dog walker? Maybe the student who makes logos on Fiverr?

We talk a lot about bringing Billionaires to heel and creating a more FAIR tax system and then we do shit like this...

I'm sorry... it's bad optics.

And bad optics lose elections.

Just want to park this here. They’re obviously realizing they have serious issues and there’s a lot to sort through in this thread, but I’m still not up to posting a lot yet.

Enjoy.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #5)Tue Oct 12, 2021, 02:57 PM
Star Member DFW (44,314 posts)
14. This scheme is so nuts, it almost sounds like some Republican strategist had it introduced

Maybe some Frank Luntz type noticed a flurry of posts about rich people, and said, "hey, the Democrats are calling anyone with enough money to open a bank account an evil billionaire! Lets sneak some clause into some bill that will make life so burdensome to most of them that they'll get furious and vote against their own people just for implementing it!"

They might even be right. I'd never vote for a Republican these days, but I'd certainly be tempted not to vote for any Democrat foolish enough to burden his or her constituents with such a silly law.
Response to DFW (Reply #14)Tue Oct 12, 2021, 03:06 PM
durablend (6,122 posts)
22. Manchin or Sinema's fingerprints on it?
Response to durablend (Reply #22)Tue Oct 12, 2021, 03:26 PM
Star Member DFW (44,314 posts)
28. Doubtful

This is control freak stuff. Manchin and "Cinema" lean the other way.
Can't blame it on the republicans.  Can't even blame it on Manchin and Sinema.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Patton French (146 posts)

24. Bizarre..

The real money is at the top, not in $600 transactions.

Do you think the elites are looking to turn on each other or monitor us?

FYSA: An AR-15, bottom range, costs a little over $600.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Another day.  Another case of the Left attempting to rationalize 81.5-million 'votes'. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Even when it’s evident that the Dems wish to have a policy in place to monitor and harass average citizens via their bank accounts (and that thread is full of primitives claiming this exact thing), these cult followers insist that it must be someone other than their beloved party leaders who hold these desires and they’ve been tricked into looking bad. Quite literally the Dem leaders could lock these fools inside a jail cell and push them into the ocean telling them it’s the best way to protect them from sharks in the water and these dolts would stand in line to be locked up.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Hey Democrats and DUmmies:

:ownit:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

Yeah, I read that whole thing over there yesterday.  There's another thread like it in LBN.  At first, many DUmmies were incredulous.  "$600?  No, you must mean $600,000!"  and "what repuke put that in there?"  It finally dawned on most of them that it's real and a real shit sandwich for them. 

Offline 67 Rover

Do you think the elites are looking to turn on each other or monitor us?

FYSA: An AR-15, bottom range, costs a little over $600.

Make your own, just sayin.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

:rotf: Did someone on DU suddenly realize their government bennie "checks" are transactions greater than $600? :rotf: And their unreported cash income might be detected as well. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
:rotf: Did someone on DU suddenly realize their government bennie "checks" are transactions greater than $600? :rotf: And their unreported cash income might be detected as well. :rotf:

DING DING DING. For all their bullshit about taxing the rich, they demand to pay nothing simply based on their politics. They don't want a more progressive tax scheme - they want to pay less because they're liberals.

Well, DUmbasses, it's almost worth the government peering into my bank account (from which appropriate taxes are paid) if they also look into YOURS, so YOU can finally pay taxes on all the under-the-table shit you do.

Welcome to the economy, assholes.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline thundley4

That $600 tipping point isn't individual transactions, but a total amount over time.  This would also get some of those illegal immigrants in the IRS sights.

Offline ADsOutburst

I know that the right will exaggerate the new IRS data reporting requirements. In fact, Politifact is already debunking GOP claims about it.

That means less than nothing.