Author Topic: Kamala Harris has scripted appearance with kids - DUmmies dismiss  (Read 456 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Star Member brooklynite (73,033 posts)

How Vice President Kamala Harris' appearance on a kids' YouTube special backfired
Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON — It should have been the safest of political appearances — a group of kids gushing about their love of science and space exploration with Vice President Kamala Harris.
But for Harris, it became a controversy.

The children, it turned out, were paid actors. And the video, filmed on location at the White House and the vice president’s official residence at the Naval Observatory, was promoted on NASA’s YouTube Channel and Harris’ Twitter account last week without making that clear.

The fallout over the video, produced for YouTube’s original programming platform, is the second in recent weeks where a seemingly innocuous appearance by Harris has become modestly troublesome.

Can't say I blame her - even a kid can see what a sack of incompetent shit she is, and they might have called her on it.

Meanwhile - HOW many times did they scoff and sneer because they thought Trump had paid actors at his rallies? Like, all the time.

I am loving the slow death spiral of this shit show and cannot wait until election day(s).
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Delmar

Re: Kamala Harris has scripted appearance with kids - DUmmies dismiss
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 02:42:22 AM »
Response to brooklynite (Original post)Sat Oct 16, 2021, 12:50 AM
PoliticAverse (24,307 posts)
9. So hiring a (Canadian) company named "Sinking Ship" to make the video was a bad idea?...

Who could have seen that coming?
Response to brooklynite (Original post)Fri Oct 15, 2021, 11:24 PM
Star Member underpants (165,331 posts)
2. Unforced error

It hasn’t gotten much attention here but it’s all the rage in RW world. I’m sure it will come up again. Her office needs to come up with a simple quick “out” on this.

There's no simple quick out on this one, just the slow death spiral just like BannedFromDU says.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 07:06:29 AM »
Other than the :rotf: value, it's not that big a deal (and not getting that much attention on conservative discussion sites). It's just a glaring example of Kammie's stupidity and how gratingly annoying she is (even HilLIARy could have gotten through that script less annoyingly)! Kammie's performance was "Please quit your day job!" grade.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 07:10:42 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 09:17:32 AM »
2. Unforced error

It hasn’t gotten much attention here but it’s all the rage in RW world. I’m sure it will come up again. Her office needs to come up with a simple quick “out” on this.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 10:16:49 AM »
Hadn't heard about it on "right wing media" or any media at all.

On a daily basis, she and Joe continually demonstrate how incompetent they are.  Other than getting an A+ for being "woke".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 11:20:16 AM »
It really looks no different than those channel 1 productions they used to show in school during home room. Same level of canned pseudo political science nonsense.  The monumental waste of time and resources that the government and nasa put into it is the most troubling aspect.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 11:20:52 AM »
Hadn't heard about it on "right wing media" or any media at all.

On a daily basis, she and Joe continually demonstrate how incompetent they are.  Other than getting an A+ for being "woke".

It got a lot of play on Twitchy and Newsmax TV--every one of the evening hosts covered it on multiple days.  Sure, it's no great scandal but this thing just kept unfolding and getting more and more embarrassing as time went on.  First, the video came out of Harris with the kids and it was an obvious PR attempt to remake Harris's personality.  People were still laughing about her phony performance when it was revealed that the kids were paid actors.  And before that had a chance to die down, the revelation  came that the video was produced by a Canadian company called Sinking Ship Entertainment.

This was the kind of story the Saturday Night Live TV show could really go to town on if they weren't just a propaganda arm of the democrat party.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 02:36:31 PM »
The story got a post or two apiece on Hot Air, Power Line, and PJMedia, and only that many because, as Delmar said, details dribbled out over two or three days. A much bigger Kammie story - in import and in coverage - was her being AWOL on LIEden's border F-up. Then there's Butti**** (however it's spelled) being AWOL on the multi-faceted logistics and supply mess.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 04:05:37 PM »
There's no simple quick out on this one, just the slow death spiral just like BannedFromDU says.
So funny to see the point and yell "Squirrel!" when someone brings this huge gaffe up.  Like this obvious stunt has anything to do with subpoenas and the like.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.