Author Topic: January 6 committee is losing patience with Trump's former chief of staff...  (Read 220 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member orangecrush (12,284 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215992236

January 6 committee is losing patience with Trump's former chief of staff Mark Meadows as it seeks his testimony

( :bird:CNN)  Members of the House select committee investigating January 6 are losing patience with the pace of talks with former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, and some are considering whether more aggressive steps are needed to force his compliance in the sweeping probe, multiple sources tell CNN.

Meadows was first subpoenaed more than a month ago, and since then the committee has indicated he's been "engaging" in negotiations over the terms of his turning over documents and appearing for a deposition.

But weeks after the committee granted Meadows a "short" but indefinite postponement of the initial subpoena deadline, members are growing increasingly frustrated and contemplating when and how to ramp up the pressure.

Here's what happens if a congressional subpoena is ignored (and what it means for the January 6 committee)

As one of former President Donald Trump's closest advisers, Meadows has unique insight into what Trump knew in the lead-up to January 6 and in its direct aftermath. And the committee is pressing to learn more about how Meadows aided an effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election, noting in his subpoena that he had communicated with "the highest officials at the Department of Justice requesting investigations into election fraud matters in several states."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/28/politics/january-6-committee-eyes-contempt-proceedings-mark-meadows/index.html

"Losing patience".

He was central in attempting the overthrow of a democratically elected President, and you're "losing patience" with him???!!!

Fourth Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Fifth Amendment
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Star Member CincyDem (5,043 posts)

1. Next time I get subpoenaed for testimony...I’ll negotiate terms. Lol. We’ll see how that works out for me.

Bev54 (4,274 posts)

23. Yep, as most people. I suspect Meadows is stalling until he finds out

if the DOJ is going to prosecute Bannon. The minute that happens he might just change his mind, unless he too has large financial backers as Bannon does.

Star Member gab13by13 (5,068 posts)

5. Patience is the GQP strategy,

by the bye, what did Garland decide about "low hanging fruit" Bannon? Surely he has made up his mind by now?

If it takes this long for Bannon, what will it take for Meadows? Boy I hope DOJ is investigating this, but no leaks yet. Iowa votes on March 1st.

Star Member malaise (237,554 posts)

7. Lock him up!

Justice is coming

Star Member Ford_Prefect (5,036 posts)

22. Shall we need a citizen's committee to enforce???? By all accounts Meadows was at the heart of the conspiracy from before Nov, 4th up to today. He not only knows things about it, he was one of the people who did things preparing for the insurrection. He coordinated, he made decisions and connected Donny and the collaborators in congress and the state legislatures, along with the dark money people ready to pay for keeping TLG in power.

Star Member LiberalFighter (42,232 posts)

25. Waterboard him?

Traildogbob (3,733 posts)

31. If.......

I would have a little hope that justice will come if Garland had gotten up and knocked the **** out of Cotton, Cruz and Blackburn during the staged attacks, solely for trump. And I mean, knocked the ever loving **** out of those three, and throw in Kennedy as well. My patience is long gone. It’s time for “knocking out ****” of those deserving.
I just do not see the passion needed out of Garland yet. I hope I am wrong.
Imagine Glenn Kirshner sitting there while those clowns tried to shout him down and belittle him.

Snackshack (1,668 posts)

35. "Losing Patience"...

Ruh Roh… that’s sounds serious. Maybe they should consider considering to possibly hold a meeting to hold a vote to the ask the AG M. Garland to please… no scratch that. To pretty please with sugar on top to enforce the subpoena.

Although this guy was chief of staff to a sitting President when he conspired to overthrow the government of this country with said sitting President and the AG is very reticent to charge a sitting or even former sitting President with a crime it looks like.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
January 6 committee is losing patience with Trump's former chief of staff...

Maybe if they tried stamping their feet in impotent fury again?

:tongue:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

The Kangaroos are getting restless! :rotf:

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.