Author Topic: kentuck has something akin to a moment of clarity  (Read 319 times)

Offline Delmar

kentuck has something akin to a moment of clarity
« on: October 11, 2021, 10:15:16 AM »
Mon Oct 11, 2021, 11:00 AM
kentuck (103,333 posts)

That dangerous moment when everything is accepted as "normal".

Even the lies are no longer disputed. People are worn down by the constant propaganda. The most absurd comments are not even challenged anymore. The people are tired.

Is that where we are today?

That is the goal of authoritarians. The citizens become numb and cynical. Rather than argue anymore, they just become silent. They no longer have the energy or the will to fight.

When and if that happens, the war is lost.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215941245

It sounds like something I myself might say but I doubt that kentuck has been red pilled..
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: kentuck has something akin to a moment of clarity
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 10:20:27 AM »
When words fall silent and can no longer persuade all that remains to steady the tumults is the hand.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 11:00:59 AM »
The people at DU and on the left in general are no threat to tyranny. They're the ones passively accepting authoritarian measures, while pretending that it is the right engaged in a power grab.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »
The people at DU and on the left in general are no threat to tyranny. They're the ones passively accepting authoritarian measures, while pretending that it is the right engaged in a power grab.
It's not passive acceptance. They're outright calling for the lockdowns, mandates, censorship and authoritarian measures of all stripes to silence or remove those they disagree with. I'm sure most of these people think Australia is on the right track.  :banghead:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 01:32:00 AM »
It's not passive acceptance. They're outright calling for the lockdowns, mandates, censorship and authoritarian measures of all stripes to silence or remove those they disagree with. I'm sure most of these people think Australia is on the right track.  :banghead:

I beg to differ. It is passive. They don't think for themselves and just parrot whatever narrative they're told to promote.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 06:13:38 AM »
Quote from:
kentuck

That dangerous moment when everything is accepted as "normal".

Oh ken, no one in their right mind would ever view you and your ilk as anything other than abnormal.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.