Author Topic: WTF's wrong w/ Iowa? Trump has a 32 point lead over Biden  (Read 639 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
WTF's wrong w/ Iowa? Trump has a 32 point lead over Biden
« on: October 10, 2021, 03:14:06 PM »
Star Member Celerity (22,141 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215937802

WTF's wrong w/ Iowa? Trump has a 32 point lead over Biden in net favourability in the supposed 'gold
standard' Des Moines Register poll.

Trump (+8 net) 53% favourable, 45% unfavourable

Biden (- 24 net) 37% favourable, 61% unfavourable

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Ellipsis (8,597 posts)

1. Pardon me but...**** Iowa's poll results.

Star Member SoCalDavidS (5,027 posts)

2. A Sign That The Democrats Should Invest ZERO $ In Iowa

Just write off the state's electoral votes. No amount of money is going to change the outcome.

And quit holding the 1st Caucus there. They bring in a ton of revenue for the state, and they don't even like the Democrats, they just like the money they bring during the Caucus season.

triron (19,745 posts)

5. Unbelievable stupidity is alive and well in Iowa.

Star Member Haggard Celine (13,634 posts)

6. Shit, they're about to send Grassley back for another term at age 90.

They obviously don't have the best judgement, so who gives a shit what they think about Pres. Biden or Trump. I live in a state that would probably have similar results if they cared enough to do a poll here. We shouldn't get worked up over polls in states that are practically impossible for us to win, anyway.

Star Member JI7 (85,175 posts)

8. Young people leave when they get a chance making the state turn more right wing

dem4decades (7,857 posts)

11. And Iowa gets first say in choosing our candidate why?

Sorry Iowa, you deserve nothing from us, go to the back of the line where you deserve to be.

Drunken Irishman (34,417 posts)

13. Iowa is one of the most rural states with one of the whitest populations.

There's no major cities in Iowa. It's a wonder the state remained Democratic for as long as it did.

It's got more in common with Nebraska than it does with Wisconsin, IMO.

triron (19,745 posts)

17. My sister in Omaha (who is a democrat) says IOWA stands for

'Idiots Out Walking Around'.

Star Member UCmeNdc (8,738 posts)

21. Pass President Biden's agenda . NOW! Watch what happens to his approval ratings!

They will go through the roof!

:lmao:

moondust (17,439 posts)

26. Perhaps a symptom

of decades of declining rural economies and schools.

Also, I believe TFG gave farmers big government handouts/bribes to compensate for his trade war with China that caused them to look elsewhere for soybeans and other farm products.

Star Member KY_EnviroGuy (12,999 posts)

31. That poll is mostly an indicator of the degree of success of right-wing brainwashing...

over the last 40 years or so by talk radio, R-W cable news and now social media.

Republicans figured out the best emotional buttons to hit across the country many years ago. Basically, that means macho freedom and racism bullshit out West and religion plus racism bullshit in the South.

That's all......

Wanderlust988 (422 posts)

34. Dear media: Quit calling Iowa a ****ing SWING state!!

It's gone hard right more than any other state in the country. It's NOT a swing state! It's NOT a bellweather state! I really don't care how well Joe is doing in Iowa cause it's now a ruby red state with a nut for a governor and 2 nut senators. I have no idea why the media is still caring about what DMR's poll says of Iowa.

Star Member Vinca (47,097 posts)

36. I don't know, but it's kind of amusing the state is spending money on advertising to try to

get people to spend their vacation dollars in Iowa. No thanks. I can't imagine encountering any of the people CNN interviewed at that rally last night who believe things like the national debt being the lowest ever under Trump and apparently seeing no correlation between 700,000+ dead people and Covid mismanagement at the beginning of the nightmare. Iowa might as well bill itself as "fantasy" land.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: WTF's wrong w/ Iowa? Trump has a 32 point lead over Biden
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 03:31:01 PM »
 :rotf: DUpipo fascination with polls is amazing. That said, that odoriferous brown stuff with which LIEden has been covering himself since the end of January is not glory,
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 04:25:14 PM »
8 1/2 months later and "TFG" is still living rent free in their minds
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 04:30:38 PM »
Response to Celerity (Original post)Sat Oct 9, 2021, 07:51 PM
triron (19,745 posts)
17. My sister in Omaha (who is a democrat) says IOWA stands for

'Idiots Out Walking Around'

A poll doesn't go their way or an election cycle doesn't go their way and they are ready to write off or dismiss or insult a whole state full of people.

A bunch of pouting children.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »
:rotf: DUpipo fascination with polls is amazing. That said, that odoriferous brown stuff with which LIEden has been covering himself since the end of January is not glory,

#JoeThePedophile is the only idiot I'm aware of for whom The Fecal Touch is a power even more suredly ascribed to than even ReggieLove'sLi'lBitch himself.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »
Probably nothing is wrong with Iowans. WTF is wrong with democrats who think the economy is doing well when it objectively is not?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 08:08:48 PM »
Just some grist for the mill, you DUmmy dolts:

Last 11 U.S. Presidential Election results in Iowa:

2020 - Trump
2016 - Trump
2012 - Obama
2008 - Obama
2004 - G.W. Bush
2000 - Algore
1996 - Billy Jeff Clintoon
1992 - Billy Jeff Clintoon
1988 - Michael Dukakis
1984 - Ronald Reagan

Rather all over the map, might one admit?

Republican Senator Charles Grassley has been in the U.S. Senate since the 1980 election and began serving in 1981.

"Comrade" Democrat Senator Tom Harkin was one of the Iowa U.S. Senators from 1985 until 2015.

While I will grant the demographics are mostly white in the state of Iowa (approximately 88% white, mix of Black/Asian/Hispanic), it isn't completely disproportionate from other Midwestern states.  (Note, the actual 2020 census date is still not official).   And often times Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics aren't full on woke-tard and actually believe in Christianity and borders.  Despite your attempts to keep them on the Dem plantation with freebies.

The Des Moines Metro area is close to 750,000 people, approximately 1/4 of the entire state.  The other major cities skew liberal (Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque, Iowa City, any college town).  Iowa is also one of the highest educated states in the country.

Face it DUmmies: Your bullcrap canards regarding assumptions of flyover country are completely without merit.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:18:12 AM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 02:13:02 AM »
It's really pretty simple: Trump was a better president than Biden is.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 07:24:55 AM »
Star Member UCmeNdc (8,738 posts)

21. Pass President Biden's agenda . NOW! Watch what happens to his approval ratings!

They will go through the roof!

This cracks me up whenever I see this over there.  They are utterly clueless as to what's pissing Americans off to the core these days.  DUmmies, you're always fabricating stories placed in grocery stores and gas stations.  Those two places may be your first clues as to what's going on that you refuse to see. 

Also, people have seen excerpts of those two shit sandwich bills, and they are horrified. 

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 08:04:05 AM »
Star Member SoCalDavidS (5,027 posts)

2. A Sign That The Democrats Should Invest ZERO $ In Iowa

Just write off the state's electoral votes. No amount of money is going to change the outcome.

And quit holding the 1st Caucus there. They bring in a ton of revenue for the state, and they don't even like the Democrats, they just like the money they bring during the Caucus season.

The Dumocrats are still trying to get an accurate count of the Iowa caucus in the gymnasium but we are to believe Biden won with 81 million votes. :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 08:27:57 AM »
The Dumocrats are still trying to get an accurate count of the Iowa caucus in the gymnasium but we are to believe Biden won with 81 million votes. :whatever:

Does anyone even remember which Dimocrat won the 2020 Caucus in Iowa?  Boot-edge-edge I guess was declared the winner over Crazy Uncle Bernie, and Creepy Joe finished in 4th.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 08:28:19 AM »

Aside from MSM people timidly venturing into the middle of Flyover Country, the Iowa Caucus is Iowans (even D voters no longer in the Land of the Living). That might be hundred-weights of $$ but not tons of $$.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »
This cracks me up whenever I see this over there.  They are utterly clueless as to what's pissing Americans off to the core these days. 

these are the same morons who actually believe that twitter is "the pulse of America".  they are so far off left, they can't even see the horizon anymore, let alone the actual mood of people standing by watching a prosperous country degrade into chaos and disaster inside of 6 months under democrat rule.
LET'S GO BRANDON!