Author Topic: Fairfax board asks Northam to waive witness requirement for absentee ballots  (Read 321 times)

Offline Muddling 2

Hmm...I wonder how bad things are looking for McAuliff in VA if they're trying to change the rules IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ELECTION????

"The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors is asking Gov. Ralph Northam to waive the witness signature requirement for absentee ballots cast by mail in this fall’s election.

The board voted 9-1 for the proposal by Chair Jeffrey McKay to send a letter to Northam, with Springfield District Supervisor Pat Herrity, the board’s only Republican, casting the only vote against the motion.

McKay said that waiving the witness signature requirement – as was done during the 2020 election – is necessary due to the continued threat of COVID-19. He said several Fairfax residents had shared concerns with him about obtaining witness signatures – arguing they could be exposed to COVID-19 in the process.

“No one should have their ballot rejected because they're unwilling to risk their health and safety to vote,” McKay said during the meeting. “We want to be a county that promotes voter participation and doesn't punish people.”

Herrity said that waiving the requirement would be a “blow to election integrity.”

Link: https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/fairfax-board-asks-northam-to-waive-witness-requirement-for-absentee-ballots/article_b84ee54a-2763-11ec-a19c-e7c27f4e8ad7.html
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DLR Pyro

Weaponizing covid to achieve their political gains
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Well, yeah, it's pretty bad for ex-gov Mac. He's an asshat who managed to shit all over himself most recently when he insisted that parents shouldn't determine what their kids learn in school.

And ol' blackface himself would be  more than happy to open the door for more cheating.

Right, Ralphie?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.