Author Topic: Tesla moves headquarters from California to Texas  (Read 324 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Tesla moves headquarters from California to Texas
« on: October 09, 2021, 08:58:49 AM »
DonCoquixote (13,245 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215933248

Tesla moves headquarters from California to Texas

Elon, there are so many ways to dissect this it is not even funny.

Let's ignore the fact that you are empowering a state that tried its best to kill the entire idea of electric cars, and indeed, still is.

Let's ignore the fact that you seel to the eco-conscious crowd who has been sick of Texas trying to kill the idea of ecology.

Let's ignore the fact that what caused this "supply chain " problem that you bemoan was caused by people like do who felt that Covid regulations should not apply to THEM, which is why Texas, along with my beloved Florida, has a higher rate of Covid then California.

Let's ignore the fact you now have to convince tech workers to move to a state where abortions are illegal, any psycho can carry a gun, openly and anywhere. I know that, like most tech barons, you may not think of the woman techies who will think "me, move to Texas, **** no!", but you at least have to consider the dudes who realize even though they may admire the guys who get women pregnant and then run, they sure don't want to pay child support.

and let's ignore the fact that those cheap rents you are selling will rocket once developers see a chance to bleed those workers. A shotgun shack not for a mule will suddenly triple in price.

OH, don't try to hide behind liberal Austin; the right has been grinding that away for years, to the point where those artists and hippies that you may use to attract the tech workers are being driven out.

NO, I will have to attack you at a BASE Level, because that is really what you exist for, self-gratification.

As much as you hate regulation, you will LOVE dealing with texas when they catch you with your Cannabis, the stuff you vaped on TV and made your stock drop. You may think yourself immune, but if the Texans need to find a way to take your stuff, they will use it. I am sure your tech workers, some of whom need that legal in California green to get through working for you, know this too.

PS: OH, I forgot the fact that a large part of the tech center is LGBT, if not LGBT friendly. Good luck getting people from Frisco to love Texas

PPS: Let's not forget the fact that your chances of getting an educated workforce are a LOT less. Do you think you will get tech workers in a place where "JEEEZUZZZ" is more imporatant than Math?

:whatever:

Star Member NNadir (28,050 posts)

13. Many people at DU worship Musk and his unsustainable car for...

...millionaires and billionaires.

They think batteries dependent on slave labor among children for cobalt are "green."

Head over to our E&E forum to learn how you too can worship a car.

It's rather appalling how little people think, how rote their opinions are.

Meanwhile this libertarian asshole is literally stealing the sky, the vision of the universe, with little attention being paid.

Texas is the perfect place for Musk. Most of his business practices amount to crimes against humanity, and the contempt that the Texas government has for humanity is clear for anyone to see.

:rotf:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Tesla moves headquarters from California to Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 09:40:11 AM »
Musk went from hero to zero in the eyes of the DUmp in 3.7 seconds.

Here's an idea DUmmies: BOYCOTT TESLA!!!!!
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 09:45:53 AM »
If Elon Musk is moving the headquarters to Texas, I'm guessing he's already assessed the possible risks, and has deemed the move to be worth the risk.

Oh, and Tesla's are for the eco-conscious? More like for the image-conscious.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »
Response to DonCoquixote (Original post)Fri Oct 8, 2021, 09:40 AM
Star Member markie (21,165 posts)
9. oh well...

guess I won't buy a Tesla
The threat of a DU boycott will have Musk regretting his decision.

Response to DonCoquixote (Original post)Fri Oct 8, 2021, 09:55 AM
Shanti Shanti Shanti (10,770 posts)
12. Used 2020 Tesla Model 3, std range with nav, $47,800 in town, 10k mi, nope, still too much for me
Still too much for 99.9% of the primitives.  Although Rock Head could easily swing it with all the money he inherited from his parents--then he could go out thrift store scrounging in style.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 10:30:22 AM »
PPS: Let's not forget the fact that your chances of getting an educated workforce are a LOT less.

:mental:

As a proud graduate of a university in Texas, I can name dozens of colleges in the great state that make those stuffy woke East Coast schools look like pikers.

Just a few off the top of my head:

University of Texas at Austin (despise the school and its insufferable fans, but a great university)
Baylor College of Medicine
Rice University
SMU
TCU
Texas A&M
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 12:21:18 PM »
Im sure Elon is just all tore up............ :loser:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 12:29:58 PM »
Hopefully, the Tesla employees don't bring their voting habits with them to Texas.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 12:56:16 PM »
1. Tesla figured out that attracting young talent to the SF Bay area has become very difficult. "You will have to have a 1-2 commute, each way, and will probably never be able to own a home anywhere near where you work," is not a compelling recruiting message.

2. "PPS: Let's not forget the fact that your chances of getting an educated workforce are a LOT less. Do you think you will get tech workers in a place where "JEEEZUZZZ" is more imporatant than Math?" In real life, Dell Computers and one of the HP companies is headquartered in the Austin area. Also, the largest US semiconductor company, Texas Instruments (TI), is based in the Houston area. Finding techno-talent in Texas will not be a problem for Tesla.

Further, TI is one of THE leaders in power management microcontrollers. Whether directly or indirectly, a power management dependent company like Tesla will benefit from the availability in Texas of people with power management expertise.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »
Seems they’re upset. CA companies are suppose to stay in CA and pay high taxes as well as accept regulations that raise the companies overhead costs, doncha know? And they should be happy to do it!!

Of course on the primitives thread, they’re skipping around the real reason he’s leaving. They also don’t seem to want to consider that when others see his success after the move, it might inspire them to do the same.

I remember when the primitives got all upset that Phil Mickelson was considering moving out of CA because of the high taxes he was paying. Liberals are so silly and immature when it comes to their worldview.

Lefties like to control others. When it doesn’t work, they lash out in anger and violence. This is just another example.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 01:01:23 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 02:30:46 PM »
Tesla figured out that attracting young talent to the SF Bay area has become very difficult.

Yup, walking around human turds and homeless camps and beggars is not really an incentive to go there. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!