Author Topic: I am afraid that my patience has worn awfully thin.  (Read 728 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I am afraid that my patience has worn awfully thin.
« on: October 09, 2021, 08:42:02 AM »
Atticus (11,623 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215935026

The outrage---the no-holds-barred "pissed offness"--- is bubbling just beneath my surface and I am not a damn bit ashamed of it because it is JUSTIFIED!

An out-in-the-open mob of fascist traitors ("hyperbole" my ass!) are planning to end our democracy and place a known monster back in power.

We know they will enrich themselves at our expense.

We know that anyone who is gay, non-white, female or simply is unwilling to kiss the appropriate asses will be mercilessly persecuted.

We know that they will either ignore the laws or simply create new ones that "legalize" their cruelty and immorality.

We know they will not do diddly shit about climate change because they THINK they will not have to deal with the hardships and strife in their lifetime.

We know----well, we know THEM for the shameless greedy thugs they are.

We KNOW all this, yet we are cautioned not to give voice to our rage lest we be judged "uncivil" or "counterproductive".

Damn it! We can disagree about what type of "drastic action" should be taken, but SURELY we can agree that drastic----perhaps (shudder!) UNPRECEDENTED---action must be on the table if we are to turn these criminals out and retake our country!

We cannot afford to give an inch anywhere.

We cannot cut any trumplican any slack for any reason.

We cannot afford to pass up any opportunity to contradict, impede, embarrass or defeat any one of "them".

If we don't get off our asses, they're going to hand them to us next year. Unlike us so far, their only rule will be "Whatever it takes".

:yawn:

Star Member olegramps (8,049 posts)

46. It is later than most realize. The fascists are winning in this era of profound apathy.

Star Member CaliforniaPeggy (139,104 posts)

3. I share your outrage, my dear Atticus. Boy, do I ever. WE MUST ACT. n/t

:loser:

Star Member DinahMoeHum (20,261 posts)

4. "If you cannot convince a fascist. . ."

". . . acquaint his head with the pavement. . ."

(allegedly said by that old commie Leon Trotsky)

Star Member liberaltrucker (8,965 posts)

13. I'd rather acquaint it with a 2 X 4 but whatever works.

15. Me, I prefer a Louisville Slugger.

Star Member 2Gingersnaps (383 posts)

32. X1000

Just got told I was bitter for the exact same feeling. I am not bitter. I AM PISSED. Back in the day, PTSD was known as moral injury. That twisted psychotic criminal has given a whole nation, well, 2/3 of it moral injury. And the ones just as twisted as he is are dying to get the opportunity to finish the job.

Star Member Auggie (27,346 posts)

7. It doesn't make sense unless ...

indictments are being drawn-out out to, 1) build bullet-proof cases and, 2) happen closer to mid-terms, say January or February 2022.

Just a guess.

Star Member usaf-vet (4,056 posts)

49. Absolutely!! Why are we (Democrats) ALWAYS willing to play nice. IT GETS us NOWHERE.

From out here in the north woods of the midwest, I am so tired and frustrated that we appear to be willing to bide our time and let nature, the courts, karma, the roll of the dice, the flip of a coin, advance our views.

The GQP is willing to break the laws and the Constitution to step over the red line to win their goal.

We, the Democrats inch our way toward the line in infinite half steps, but with smaller and smaller half steps, we will NEVER be able to that line and repel the GQP's daring plan to destroy two-party rule and the Democracy it guards.

Nine months after the attack on our Democracy, what do we see as evidence that we are punishing those that participated?

What deterrents are we demonstrating will be the punishment for further attacks? More brazen and, yes, deadly attacks. In my mind, NONE!

I fear we will wake up in 2022 with a congress that will own both houses and all the power to take the next step to put the deranged grifter back in the white house to FINISH the job they started with TFG at the helm of a rudderless ship of state.

If that happens in America, the United States will no longer exist. There will be no turning back.

NQAS (9,966 posts)

10. In this regard...regarding the subpoenas

Trump doesn’t have executive privilege. Biden says he’ll approve release of documents. Why even wait for court decisions. Release the docs immediately. If not sooner. Then it doesn’t matter what the courts do.

As for that criminal contempt option. Why say that option will be considered. Do it immediately. (If not sooner.). Consider nothing. Explore no options. Haul their butts into jail now. That should compel compliance for other subpoenas issued. And if everyone refuses, everyone goes to jail.

Oh, and one more thing. Every official hearing must be public. Interviews can be private. But testimony? In public. Cameras rolling every step of the way.

Star Member calimary (64,477 posts)

12. Well, first thing we should do is steal that "Whatever it Takes" mentality

and make it OUR OWN!!! And then act accordingly!

I’m in NO mood to be nice anymore. Some ruthlessness would be MOST welcome, and a very refreshing change, at least to me!

The main advantage upon launch would be the element of surprise. The bad guys aren’t expecting to face well-schemed strategy and ruthless tactics. Just remember what happens when a bully is confronted full-on. The bully turns into a chicken who has no comeback and no tools to fight such an adversary. When you’re used to facing nothing but pushovers all the time, your muscles start getting flabby.

Star Member uponit7771 (79,039 posts)

38. +1, Spain's left in 1938 didn't think "whatever it takes" and look what happened to them ..

... when the ***** footed around with Franco.

We should be viewing Trump like he's OBL and error on the side of putting him and his homeboys in Gitmo for thinking about attacking the country.

Cut the head off the snake and wilt the body, **** them

:censored:

Star Member world wide wally (20,310 posts)

19. We all knew Trump was guilty as hell in Impeachment !, and we all knew he was guilty as hell in

Impeachment II, yet the GOP Congress let him off in both cases. Now, we all know what he is up to AND exactly what happened on 1/6 and they once again are rewriting history to get the evil prick off the hook.
Sooner or later, we will have to do SOMETHING whether we like it or not. I think sooner would be better, but I am not sure what that "something" is. Do we still have laws by any chance?

Star Member Mr. Evil (1,464 posts)

33. The thing is, these RWNJ's have no endgame.

Sure, they love the idea of 'taking over' but, they have no plan. The evangelicals take over? The corporations? If that happens there won't be anymore need for republicans because they will no longer be needed, much less any kind of governance. These people have been conditioned to be angry and afraid every waking hour from AM hate radio and Focksnooze. They just want to break stuff. Seek and destroy until they reach a figurative orgasm. Then they'd wonder why there isn't any food, gas, even sporting events and concerts would stop. No supply chain. No subsidies. Idiots.

We, once and for all, really need to decide just what kind of society we really want to have. I prefer the more equitable one where there is a safety net for all. Human beings have to eat. Human beings need shelter (a ****ing home). Human beings (like the ones here at DU) generally like to help uplift other human beings. I know this for a fact. We need to demand that every inhuman republican be called out each and every time they do or say anything that can be deemed inhuman or inhumane. **** them! They need to be shamed relentlessly, ruthlessly to the point of being an outright onslaught. Inundate the corporate media with these demands. We could have a society exponentially better than what we have now.

Conservatives (RWNJ's) resist change because they just can't handle any disruption from their personal status quo. Change happens, like it or not. Because if it didn't we'd still be getting around on horseback or covered wagons instead of driving cars that can practically drive themselves. That day, too, is coming soon.

:whatever:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Muddling 2

Re: I am afraid that my patience has worn awfully thin.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
Another Left Wing Circle Jerk.

SSDD
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
Response to Atticus (Original post)Fri Oct 8, 2021, 05:08 PM

". . . acquaint his head with the pavement.
. ."

(allegedly said by that old commie Leon Trotsky)
Response to DinahMoeHum (Reply #4)Fri Oct 8, 2021, 05:46 PM
13. I'd rather acquaint it with a 2 X 4

but whatever works.
Response to liberaltrucker (Reply #13)Fri Oct 8, 2021, 06:02 PM

Atticus (11,623 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215935026

The outrage---the no-holds-barred "pissed offness"--- is bubbling just beneath my surface and I am not a damn bit ashamed of it because it is JUSTIFIED!
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 09:51:37 AM »
We KNOW all this, yet we are cautioned not to give voice to our rage lest we be judged "uncivil" or "counterproductive".

You are cautioned not to give voice to your rage, lest you reveal the full extent of your insanity.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 10:06:28 AM »
Well, whoop-whoop-whoop-de do.

Gag me with a spoon; the Atticus primitive is running out of patience.

Whose isn't?

FOAD, you old windbag.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 10:25:29 AM »
An out-in-the-open mob of fascist traitors

You continue to parrot that word "fascism" or "fascist", yet you don't realize that your party is shutting down all opposition to speech and actions of the American people.   Which is the definition of fascism, you freaking dolt.

Rather horrid rant and word salad by the DUmmy clown as usual.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »
Star Member CaliforniaPeggy (139,104 posts)

3. I share your outrage, my dear Atticus. Boy, do I ever. WE MUST ACT. n/t

". . . acquaint his head with the pavement. . ."

13. I'd rather acquaint it with a 2 X 4 but whatever works.

sounds like outright calls for violence (incitement even)of people that have differing political beliefs than these DUmmies do.

Maybe our newest undercover DUmmy troll should report these incitements of violence  to whoever the **** he supposedly works for rather than hanging around here looking for any excuse to report this group.

Star Member world wide wally (20,310 posts)

19. We all knew Trump was guilty as hell in Impeachment !, and we all knew he was guilty as hell in Impeachment II

guilty if what?

oh, btw...

suck it twice DUmpphucks  :bird: :bird:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 11:43:01 AM »
There are things I take heart in. I see this display of impotent rage, and I see a sign that they know they are going to lose in 2022 and 2024.

Prove me wrong, lurking DUmmies.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 12:19:40 PM »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 12:41:57 PM »
Wow! Flatus is trying to go full MisterNematode! :rotf: That was a good try, but his rant was far too long to be truly Nematode quality. :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 01:18:41 PM »
For the ump-teenth time lefties, you can’t claim you care about others and that you only want what is best while saying these things you do. You condone violence. You condone shaming. You condone all sorts of things that people who truly care about others and society as a whole would never think, much less say.

You’re frauds.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 02:12:15 PM »
Why is he complaining? they elected these ass holes. :thatsright: :mental: :bird: :loser: :loser:

Slo joe and his party are destroying America and all our freedoms as fast as they can. so EDAD
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 02:26:16 PM »
Their accusations never include specifics.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2021, 03:27:21 PM »
Why is he complaining? they elected these ass holes. :thatsright: :mental: :bird: :loser: :loser:

Slo joe and his party are destroying America and all our freedoms as fast as they can. so EDAD

Exactly. When I read that rant it sounded like the DUmbass was talking about the party in power, not the GOP.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 03:36:12 PM »
Bring. It.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2021, 05:55:15 PM »

Snort. What do you have planned, Atticus? Another strongly-worded letter to the editor? Sit down and shut up. You are irrelevant.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2021, 06:47:37 PM »
This screed makes me think of a bratty child throwing a tantrum who doesn't want to eat his/her/its vegetables.  :rotf:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 07:41:40 PM »
Atticus (11,623 posts)

I am afraid that my patience has worn awfully thin...

Then please, DUmbshit. Do something about it.

I triple-dog dare you... :bigbird:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 06:14:50 AM »
"We know they will enrich themselves at our expense.

We know that anyone who is gay, non-white, female or simply is unwilling to kiss the appropriate asses will be mercilessly persecuted."
In the words of a special- needs student I work with,  "AAAAWWW, (Blows raspberry)!"
They've been saying that for years and nothing along those lines has happened.
Is this DUmmy aware that the dreaded President Trump a) personally appointed an openly gay man to be US Ambassador to Germany, and b) personally spearheaded a global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality in the countries where it's still illegal?
Doesn't exactly sound like someone who seeks to "Mercilessly persecute" gays to me.

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 08:43:50 AM »
Mount Desperation is almost complete.  As the old saying goes, desperate times make desperate deeds.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2021, 08:37:59 AM »
Firstly, Atticus words his thread as if we're supposed to start shaking in our boots.  Secondly,

Star Member 42bambi (1,753 posts)

21. REPUBLICANS WANT TO CANCEL DEMOCRACY! n/t

Whenever they say democracy like this, I substitute the phrase "our unrelenting and evil power grab."  Especially when they say "our democracy."  It must have gone out as an instruction a while ago, but we all know what it really means. 

From the thread, this is funny:

Star Member Kaleva (28,497 posts)

41. What are you doing about it

How are you dealing with Senators Manchin and Sinema?

People who care take action. Those who don't do little or nothing.

Star Member hamsterjill (12,425 posts)

42. And here we go.

Right on cue.

What am I supposed to be doing about it? I work hard to get Dems elected. It’s the party leaders’ responsibility to figure things out and get done what they promised me when I voted for them.

73. Then bring them in line

Talking tough on the internet may bring one a sense of self satisfaction but does little.

Hunger strikes and peaceful civil disobedience has proven to be effective tactics in bringing about change.

:lmao: :rofl:

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2021, 09:51:23 AM »

73. Then bring them in line

Talking tough on the internet may bring one a sense of self satisfaction but does little.

Hunger strikes and peaceful civil disobedience has proven to be effective tactics in bringing about change.

Self immolation also works. Just sayin.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2021, 10:57:27 AM »
Self immolation also works. Just sayin.  :-)

I suspect a hunger strike would be more painful to a DUmmy than being lit on fire.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2021, 11:11:21 AM »

I suspect a hunger strike would be more painful to a DUmmy than being lit on fire.

They do smoke a lot of dope so you probably are correct.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2021, 11:25:05 AM »
They do smoke a lot of dope so you probably are correct.  :cheersmate:

Back in the old days of DU they used to be stupid enough to have meetups and post pictures of them. Back then they all claimed to be vegetarians or vegans, and there was always this screed or that against HFCS, and so forth, but the pictures might as well have been of a *******ed bag of marshmallows, those people were so fat and pale.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO