Author Topic: MAGA posse melts the Turtle's switchboard  (Read 1114 times)

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
MAGA posse melts the Turtle's switchboard
« on: October 08, 2021, 06:30:24 PM »
He's walking back his cave in on kicking the can down the road.  The Biden regime's agenda was in the coffin ready for burial.  Majority opposition to the spending and today's horrific jobs numbers ... time to nail the coffin shut.  Mighty Mitch to the rescue.

"Last night, Republicans filled the leadership vacuum that has troubled the Senate since January. I write to inform you that I will not provide such assistance again if your all-Democrat government drifts into another avoidable crisis," McConnell wrote in the letter to Biden.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/576039-in-blistering-letter-to-biden-mcconnell-vows-gop-wont-raise-debt-ceiling-in

I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH, MITCH.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Re: MAGA posse melts the Turtle's switchboard
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 06:56:23 PM »
Here are the bipartisan beltway crap weasels who broke the GOP filibuster:

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R,KY),
Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.),
Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.),
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.),
Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.),
Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.),
Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine),
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska),
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.),
Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.).

A POX ON THEIR HOUSES.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 07:43:47 PM »
IMHO, I think the Turtle set up the Dems for a colossal meltdown.

We'll see it in early December. And unless the Turtle reneges (entirely possible, as I don't trust the bastard either), Schumer has a 564-ton pile of shit in his lap to contend with.

And it's entirely on the Dems. No Repub support.

I could be wrong, but I think it's a masterful political move, one that sets up Chuck the Schmuck in a way that wouldn't be obvious any other way.

First of all, you can't trust Manchin. He's a snake. He says one thing but does another. He says he wants to save the filibuster, but do you really trust what this asshole says? Not me. I think Sinema has more balls than Manchin ever THOUGHT about having, and she swings both ways.

Second, it's entirely possible that Chuck the Schmuck - with his back against the wall - torpedoes the filibuster. Of course, the reconciliation process pretty much negates the filibuster anyway, and the Murder Turtle - in recognizing that - set up The Schmuck such that he's ---

All. On. His. Own.

This could be all toast, but you can't count The Murder Turtle out. He's a masterful politician, though it pains me to say that.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
Just 24 Bid'niss hours to find out, I guess.

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 10:10:26 PM »
IMHO, I think the Turtle set up the Dems for a colossal meltdown.

We'll see it in early December. And unless the Turtle reneges (entirely possible, as I don't trust the bastard either), Schumer has a 564-ton pile of shit in his lap to contend with.

And it's entirely on the Dems. No Repub support.

I could be wrong, but I think it's a masterful political move, one that sets up Chuck the Schmuck in a way that wouldn't be obvious any other way.

First of all, you can't trust Manchin. He's a snake. He says one thing but does another. He says he wants to save the filibuster, but do you really trust what this asshole says? Not me. I think Sinema has more balls than Manchin ever THOUGHT about having, and she swings both ways.

Second, it's entirely possible that Chuck the Schmuck - with his back against the wall - torpedoes the filibuster. Of course, the reconciliation process pretty much negates the filibuster anyway, and the Murder Turtle - in recognizing that - set up The Schmuck such that he's ---

All. On. His. Own.

This could be all toast, but you can't count The Murder Turtle out. He's a masterful politician, though it pains me to say that.

Excellent points, Eupher.

The one thing that makes my blood boil is the "red meat" followed by the "last minute sellout".  The Turtle is a slimy bastard. 

I'm sure Mitch and all of the other 19 GOP traitors who voted for the Infrastructure Bill have their own pet projects and slush funds buried deep in those thousands of pages.

Offline Dark Powers

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 11:39:57 PM »
Something to think about.

1. It kicks it down the road 2 months, to the same time they will want to be debating and passing their $3.5 trillion porkulus bill. Have fun trying to sell both bills.

2. The MSN as well as Dems were waiting to lay full blame for any shutdown on the Republicans. You say Chuck's speech after it passed. By this, it avoids that.

3. It avoided the likelihood the Dems would use it as an excuse to strip the filibuster. Had they not passed it, it would likely have happened.

4. By moving it to Dec. you have both Christmas break, which will slow any bill. And pending elections. For Dem wishful of keeping their seat come next year, any vote for that bill will be very hard. Meaning a lot will start breaking ranks so they can save their seats. And better yet those who support it, could lose their seats.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 04:26:34 AM »
Something to think about.

1. It kicks it down the road 2 months, to the same time they will want to be debating and passing their $3.5 trillion porkulus bill. Have fun trying to sell both bills.

2. The MSN as well as Dems were waiting to lay full blame for any shutdown on the Republicans. You say Chuck's speech after it passed. By this, it avoids that.

3. It avoided the likelihood the Dems would use it as an excuse to strip the filibuster. Had they not passed it, it would likely have happened.

4. By moving it to Dec. you have both Christmas break, which will slow any bill. And pending elections. For Dem wishful of keeping their seat come next year, any vote for that bill will be very hard. Meaning a lot will start breaking ranks so they can save their seats. And better yet those who support it, could lose their seats.

Also excellent points. The Murder Turtle simply recognizes that the Dems have the power to pass the reconciliation bill all on their own. Even if Romney, Murkowski, Collins, Sasse, and the rest of the RINOs vote with their so-called caucus, Kamala-toe's tie-breaking vote takes 'em over the edge.

The kicker is, the Dem's failure to get the votes needed to extend the debt ceiling yet again (that'll be a very hard sell since the $3.5T reconciliation bill would demand that the debt ceiling be pushed at least that much before 3 December), puts the resulting gov't shutdown squarely on them. And, as you've noted, congresspukes are less than willing to have their names associated with more pork and more debt for our kids and grandkids.

Chuck the Schmuck doesn't want to torpedo the filibuster either because he knows full well how tenuous the Dems' hold on the Senate is and just how likely the 2022 blowout will be for them.

All that said, and to Manchin's credit, during the Schmuck's victory speech (he's so stupid he can't figure out he'd been set up), Manchin was so pissed he walked out. Manchin's still a snake, but even he couldn't fake that.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 06:08:26 AM »
My biggest concern is the extension gives leftist bullies 2 more months to harass Sinema and Manchin.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 07:17:17 AM »
My biggest concern is the extension gives leftist bullies 2 more months to harass Sinema and Manchin.

I contradicted myself in the post I'd written and deleted ( :thatsright: ) but theoretically, the reprieve is supposed to EASE the pressure on both of them. Sinema seems pretty solid in her defense of the filibuster, but I trust Manchin about as far as I can throw him.

Kinda hoping both senators ratchet up their personal security - at their own expense, of course.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 09:43:17 AM »
Excellent points, Eupher.

The one thing that makes my blood boil is the "red meat" followed by the "last minute sellout".  The Turtle is a slimy bastard. 

I'm sure Mitch and all of the other 19 GOP traitors who voted for the Infrastructure Bill have their own pet projects and slush funds buried deep in those thousands of pages.

The Turtle is a professional politician; by definition "A Slimy Bastard".   OTOH, that "Slimy Bastard" kept Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 10:14:14 AM »
OTOH, that "Slimy Bastard" kept Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court.

Good on him but it doesn't give him a lifetime pass.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 11:25:16 AM »
The Turtle is a professional politician; by definition "A Slimy Bastard".   OTOH, that "Slimy Bastard" kept Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Although, yep, keeping Garland off SCOTUS was one of The Turtle's finest hours in a lifetime of politicking. Another one - subject to debate, of course - was forcing Chuck the Schmuck's hand vis a vis the debt ceiling.

It would be nice if The Turtle could somehow stop being the fall guy every time the debt ceiling comes up, but he seems to be powerless against the Dems and their flying monkeys in the media.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 11:50:40 AM »
Good on him but it doesn't give him a lifetime pass.

Oh, I completely agree; just wanted to note a significant positive accomplishment.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein