Author Topic: MOMS UNDER ATTACK BY VIRGINIA SCHOOL DISTRICT  (Read 428 times)

Offline Muddling 2

MOMS UNDER ATTACK BY VIRGINIA SCHOOL DISTRICT
« on: October 07, 2021, 11:40:23 AM »
"The Goldwater Institute filed a motion with a Virginia judge today to defend the rights of two moms in Fairfax County, Virginia, who are under attack by their local school district for exercising their freedom of speech. It’s just the latest example of a growing trend of school districts nationwide aggressively persecuting parents who are trying to promote the best interests of their children.

Fairfax County mother Debra Tisler took an interest in how her school district was spending its money, especially given that the county has been in national news about its legal troubles recently. So she filed a Freedom of Information Act request to find out how much the district was paying for its legal bills. The district turned over more than 1,000 pages of receipts from its law firm, and another Fairfax-area mother, Callie Oettinger, published some of them on her website, specialeducationaction.com, redacting and sharing select documents related to the superintendent, the school board, and investigations into Fairfax County Public Schools’ cyber hacking and its virtual learning launch debacles.

That’s when trouble started. When the school district realized it had handed over potentially embarrassing material, it demanded that Callie take the material down from her website, and when she refused, district officials sued her—notwithstanding the fact that the Constitution clearly protects her right to publish the information online.

“As a parent, I have a right to know what's happening in my children's school, and as a taxpayer, I have a right to know how money is being spent,” Callie said. “I created my site to help advocate for children with special education needs. This includes sharing and holding Fairfax County Public Schools accountable for its noncompliance. I will not let them silence my voice.”

Link:  https://goldwaterinstitute.org/article/moms-under-attack-by-virginia-school-district-goldwater-fights-back/
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: MOMS UNDER ATTACK BY VIRGINIA SCHOOL DISTRICT
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »
Not only is the school board's case stupid (they themselves provided the documentation related to the school board's use of taxpayer money), they're completely out of line.

The defendant took the docs down from her site, per a judge's dumbass order.

WTF are these people thinking?

School boards are not little Nazi training camps, but they sure as hell are acting like it. Of course, this is Fairfax County, VA -- deeply blue, as many of its residents suck off the government teat.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 01:26:35 PM »
Not only is the school board's case stupid (they themselves provided the documentation related to the school board's use of taxpayer money), they're completely out of line.

The defendant took the docs down from her site, per a judge's dumbass order.

WTF are these people thinking?

School boards are not little Nazi training camps, but they sure as hell are acting like it. Of course, this is Fairfax County, VA -- deeply blue, as many of its residents suck off the government teat.

Pretty clear that they're not thinking at all.

Just assuming that they don't answer to anyone.  Not the taxpayers, nor the parents of the children they intend to educate indoctrinate.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 02:34:19 PM »
AG Merrick Garland's Family Is Getting Rich Off Selling Anti-White CRT Material to Public Schools 

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=62594

No conflict here.  :whatever:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne