Author Topic: Where is Marcia Fudge?  (Read 314 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Where is Marcia Fudge?
« on: October 04, 2021, 08:10:19 PM »
Star Member StarfishSaver (18,449 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215921370

Where is Marcia Fudge?

We have an eviction crisis, homelessness, soaring housing prices, and an affordable housing crunch, but I haven't seen her on television lately at all.

Where is she? Is she asleep, in a coma, golfing? Is she still the Secretary of HUD?

Who?

:???: A black woman named Fudge?

an American attorney and politician serving as the 18th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development since 2021. A member of the Democratic Party, she served as the U.S. representative for Ohio's 11th congressional district from 2008 to 2021. The district includes most of the black-majority precincts between Cleveland and Akron.

:yawn:

Following the death of Stephanie Tubbs Jones in 2008, Fudge ran unopposed in the special election to replace her.

::)

she became the first African-American woman to serve as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development since Patricia Roberts Harris left the office in 1979.

In March 2021, during a White House press conference, Fudge made comments on the upcoming Senate election in her home state of Ohio suggesting that Democrats could win it. As a result, she was accused of violating the Hatch Act of 1939. After an investigation, the Office of Special Counsel determined she had violated the Hatch Act. Fudge received a warning.

:loser:

In 2015, Fudge wrote a letter asking for leniency in the sentencing of Cleveland politician Lance Mason on felony assault and domestic violence charges. Fudge described Mason as "kind", and wrote that "Lance [...] has assured me that something like this will never happen again."

Mason subsequently attacked and killed his ex-wife, in 2018, stabbing her 59 times.

:o

Star Member johnp3907 (3,170 posts)

1. I see what you did there.

Star Member JustAnotherGen (27,953 posts)

5. I think people got used to Ben Carson's

Office being a tool of political punishment on those struggling financially . . . It's like they forgot that decent Americans who want to do their job effectively don't have time to twitter, go on a bunch of tv shows, radio shows, etc. etc.

Look at what she has oversight of:
https://www.hud.gov/directory/director

That's a lot of people to manage and ensure they are doing their job.

Maybe she's just not 'out there' because she's doing her job and making sure they do theirs?

I don't know - I'm just a simple import export girl - but it just seems like I've gotten so used to Fed Gov being filled with imbeciles who go for sound bites to impress their boss as opposed to doing the job they were hired to do. Fiddle dee.

Star Member George II (65,135 posts)

13. She'll be in Chicago tomorrow "to promote President Joe Biden's "human infrastructure" agenda....

Star Member StarfishSaver (18,449 posts)

14. Words words words

What is she DOING about these problems besides talking about them?

We can't SEE her doing anything so she needs to tell us exactly what she's doing or else we have every right to assume she's doing NOTHING.

LanternWaste (37,725 posts)

16. Stop hoisting absurd reactions by their own petards!!! I hear it's triggering....

:???:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Where is Marcia Fudge?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 06:53:38 AM »
Like most Dems, she’s sitting around collecting a gov’t check either doing nothing or screwing things up.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.