Author Topic: story at another site that starts "Race-Faker Rachel Dolezal"  (Read 247 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
story at another site that starts "Race-Faker Rachel Dolezal"
« on: August 20, 2021, 05:32:02 PM »
pjpossum (57 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215760949

I just saw a story at another site that starts "Race-Faker Rachel Dolezal"

I am someone that truly believes that people should be free to express who they are, as long as someone is not being hurt. I have had friends from all walks of life & ages.
I would really like a rational discussion as to why, if Rachel Dolezal truly identifies as a person of color, that is so tabu.

Yet, the same people that demonize her, would be horrified if trans people were (and often are) demonized for who they identify as.
I am not "supporting" or encouraging Ms. Dolezal. I am just trying to understand the logic/illogic in many people saying it's ok if you feel that you are (fill-in the blank), but not ok if you feel that you are (fill-in the blank).
If we truly believe that a person is who they identify with, why all of the anger?

:popcorn:

Star Member blm (107,187 posts)

2. For the 3rd time in 2days I've seen posts that

described resentment-based issues crafted in such a way to pit historically marginalized groups against each other. Maybe you saw the same.

Could be that we’re noticing a dirty trick political strategy. One in particular spreading on FB was worded to claim that network coverage of Olympics was more favorable to Megan Rapinoe and her “fiancé” than to Allyson Felix and her family. Not true, of course, but it really stirred up resentment quickly.

Probably spreading through Russian trolls. Or RW Repub trolls. Eh?

Star Member Celerity (20,841 posts)

23. It wasn't a 'post' at some obscure chatroom, it was an article on a mainstream website

It also was not an article pitting minority groups against each other, it was just an article about that POS racial cosplayer Dozeal.

‘Race Faker’ Rachel Dolezal’s New Side Hustle: OnlyFans

https://www.thedailybeast.com/race-faker-rachel-dolezals-new-side-hustle-onlyfans

Here’s one person no one was expecting to join OnlyFans: notorious “race faker” Rachel Dolezal.

Yes, that same Rachel Dolezal who tried to catfish the world as the head of a Washington chapter of the NAACP, claiming she was Black, when in reality she’s a white woman who wears blackface and teases her hair to mimic an Afro to, apparently, look the part. This is the Rachel Dolezal who adopted African-American vernacular to try and make her persona more believable—the same woman who made the word “transracial” a part of our vocabulary.

The former activist posted on her Instagram late Wednesday that she has created and been approved for an OnlyFans account. She promises subscribers at least three posts a week, with bonus content here and there.

snip

Star Member treestar (78,986 posts)

51. It is an uncomfortable question

and many seem to be avoiding it.

I was commenting when Meghan Markle first came on the scene - I thought she could pass for white. I was told she identifies as black and that looks have nothing to do with it.

Nothing to do with it!

So President Obama could identify as white? He would have a right to. But he said when people saw him, they deemed him black.

But they are right, it brings out a hypocrisy on the left. We just got several posts challenging us for believing Trump or Gaetz are sexual predators but not believing it about Cuomo or Franken.

Well this is a challenge for you too.

Star Member ShazzieB (2,805 posts)

3. Oh, you're really concerned about this, are you?

Please pardon my scoffing when I say I DON'T BELIEVE THAT FOR A SECOND!

ck4829 (30,389 posts)

12. Well, race IS a social construct. We need to remember WE are the ones who ultimately decide how it

works.

It is not biological or divinely inspired.

I do hope we can find ways we can tinker with the construct and subvert it entirely. There has been so much blood spilled in the name of race; especially with the simplistic system of Asian-black-white. The sooner it gets shredded up and turned into a pulp, the better for humanity.

:thatsright:

keithbvadu2 (21,969 posts)

16. What color/ethnicity was Jesus? It depends on whose wall his portrait hangs.

What color/ethnicity was Jesus?

It depends on whose wall his portrait hangs.

Star Member Celerity (20,841 posts)

21. Catfish-in-blackface Dolezal is a white privileged racial cosplaying POS

Amazing you have to ask why her cultural/racial appropriation is staggeringly offensive to us people of colour.

:yawn:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!