Author Topic: Japan does in 2 mins what Disney hasn't been able to do for 7 years:  (Read 769 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Japan does in 2 mins what Disney hasn't been able to do for 7 years:
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 08:53:43 PM »
make Star Wars cool again.
https://twitter.com/justsomeguycc/status/1427765685204234245

I have to disagree with this statement. Yes, the sequel trilogy is aweful, no doubt about it. However, with The Mandalorian, Disney Star Wars became very cool once again. And it appears that it will continue to do so with shows like The Clone Wars final season, The Book of Boba Fett, The Bad Batch, Visions, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka, season 3 of The Mandalorian and the film Rogue Squadron directed by Patty Jenkins. There are a couple of new shows I do have reservations about (Andor and The Acolyte) but I will watch them just the same and give them a chance. IMO the Star Wars IP is in the good hands of Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau amongst others.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 08:57:29 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 04:41:57 PM »
I have to disagree with this statement. Yes, the sequel trilogy is aweful, no doubt about it. However, with The Mandalorian, Disney Star Wars became very cool once again. And it appears that it will continue to do so with shows like The Clone Wars final season, The Book of Boba Fett, The Bad Batch, Visions, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka, season 3 of The Mandalorian and the film Rogue Squadron directed by Patty Jenkins. There are a couple of new shows I do have reservations about (Andor and The Acolyte) but I will watch them just the same and give them a chance. IMO the Star Wars IP is in the good hands of Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau amongst others.

The lore needs to be tweaked, however.  Probably severely in a lot of cases.

Get rid of the force and get rid of light-sabers... for starters. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 07:19:00 PM »
I definitely enjoy JSG's channel. I've posted several of his videos here.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 10:45:06 PM »

The lore needs to be tweaked, however.  Probably severely in a lot of cases.

Get rid of the force and get rid of light-sabers... for starters.

That ship has sailed long, long ago. Jedi, Sith, light side, dark side, Lightsabers.....Those things are too much of a part of Star Wars lore and history to get rid of at this point, especially with probably the favorite character of the saga, Ahsoka Tano, being a force user. I will admit that with the 7 seasons of The Clone Wars animated series, which takes place between episodes 2 and 3, that some of the best episodes/story arcs were those that concentrated on the troopers and had no force users in them.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe