Author Topic: A Battle Of Top DUmmies! - Stupid vs. Vicious  (Read 2798 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
A Battle Of Top DUmmies! - Stupid vs. Vicious
« on: May 01, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
This isn't an OP, it's an exchange buried in the thread, but it's just so great to see a snot battle between two Top DUmmies who were missing for a long time.

Response to nadinbrzezinski (Original post)Thu Apr 30, 2015, 11:43 PM
demtenjeep (22,252 posts)
55. sweetie, I know this comes from your absolute beliefs but sometimes you send the wrong message. ex

these are all from your thread just here. Once I and many others read the first "I don't expect" or you are clueless" I am done reading

you tend to turn off readers who could be great activist because of these types of comments. I truly am not trying to be mean, just helpful before you experience worse because the worst hasn't happened yet.

"Many posters here are quite clueless as to how people live or the few opportunities they have, or why they worry.
recommend you try to have those conversations and leave Mississippi Burning on the DVD player.

I expected nothing less though.

And this has none to do with what I just wrote

It went over your head

I just do not expect you to get it... and there are many reasons why I do not expect you to get it.

I mostly do not bother with things like this here.

you really do not want to ask how much it runs to become mayor in my fair city. (Or yours, for that matter)."

these are just but a few examples of statements that make others feel you talk down to them.

No one is saying the information is relevant...we feel your passion but we also feel you looking down your nose at the rest of us.

You might not like this and you might put me on your list, but I want to see you succeed here and implore you to change your posting style. We are not children we get things ---more than you know ...so give us some credit and stop looking down your nose. Please.

Response to demtenjeep (Reply #55)Fri May 1, 2015, 01:17 AM
nadinbrzezinski (136,209 posts)
57. That is fine sweetie, you really do not need to read it

by the way I was done reading after the "sweetie."

Oh and by the way sweetie, you are not going on any list, as much as you wish you were.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026598101#post31

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: A Battle Of Top DUmmies! - Stupid vs. Vicious
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:39:34 PM »
 :popcorn:

Who needs UFC or WWF when you've got great fights like this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 02:42:47 PM »
:popcorn:

Who needs UFC or WWF when you've got great fights like this.

It's too bad Pamela can't dig on the cousin's spelling too, but alas Pamela's not much better in that department.

However, there's plenty of other stuff for the 2009 Top DUmmie to dig on the 2011 Top DUmmie, so go for it, Pamela.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wrL9z3Kvww[/youtube]
:bitchslap:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
Ew, now the cousin's tangling with the brooklynite primitive.

In case one's not aware, the brooklynite primitive's one of those very few rare extraordinary primitives who doesn't lie about who, and what, he is--which goes a very long way in explaining why the DUmpster generally leaves him alone.

Primitives who don't lie provide scant entertainment and amusement.

brooklynite (20,897 posts)    Fri May 1, 2015, 01:19 PM

75. Your explanation fails for this reason...

US voting levels have been comparatively low for Decades: in good economies and bad ones. In the days when households had a single bread-winner and days when single parents hold multiple jobs. It may explain -part- of the problem, but the issue of low voter turnout is a broader one than struggling working class voters.

nadinbrzezinski (136,212 posts)    Fri May 1, 2015, 01:25 PM

76. I am not telling you why middle class kids do not vote

I am telling you why inner city folks are not voting. Hell, if you want to really be specific about it I am telling you why the people in the urban core of San Diego, who are really, really poor and ignored by city hall regularly do not vote. It is really not relevant to their lives, and the message has been clear for decades, that they do not matter.

I will invite you once again, to go down to your urban core and find out if this is the same. From reporting in places like the Atlantic, I tend to think it will be. But shoot, I might one of these days try to get the trust in South East LA and find out... 

brooklynite (20,897 posts)    Fri May 1, 2015, 01:30 PM

77. Your OP is titled "Why PEOPLE at times do not vote"

not "Working Class" people. 

nadinbrzezinski (136,212 posts)    Fri May 1, 2015, 01:31 PM

78. Yeah, and it is what it is

Poor folks are people last time I checked. Perhaps they are not for you, but to me they are. So I used the word people. Mostly it is a plural of person, and I believe we have more than one poor person in the country.

On edit, I realize that these discussions really make people on this site really nervous. But poverty and race issues are issues that either the democratic party tackles (with labor by the way) or the centrist in the democratic party are in for a nice little surprise sooner or later... 

brooklynite (20,897 posts)    Fri May 1, 2015, 01:39 PM

79. Then the proper phrase would be "Some People"

I think most people read "People" as "All People"

nadinbrzezinski (136,212 posts)    Fri May 1, 2015, 01:41 PM

80. I think this is not about editorial choices

quite personally. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 02:57:46 PM »
DUmmy Buzz Clik with an accurate description of the DUmp.

Response to demtenjeep (Reply #55)Fri May 1, 2015, 01:54 PM
Buzz Clik (31,525 posts)
 The bullshit flows through this discussion board like water through the Grand Canyon.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
Response to demtenjeep (Reply #55)Fri May 1, 2015, 01:54 PM
Buzz Clik (31,525 posts)
 The bullshit flows through this discussion board like water through the Grand Canyon.

And if anyone knows about flowing bullshit...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:03:57 PM »
Oh and by the way sweetie, you are not going on any list, as much as you wish you were.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »
DUmmy Buzz Clik with an accurate description of the DUmp.

Well, I'll be a son of a bitch.

Well said, Buzz. I'll give you a high five for that.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 03:30:49 PM »
Well, I'll be a son of a bitch.

Well said, Buzz. I'll give you a high five for that.

Blind hog syndrome.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »
Brooklynite & nadin took their battle to another thread, she is in extra-strength obnoxious bitch mode today.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026602875#post15

Response to sabrina 1 (Reply #14)
Fri May 1, 2015, 01:50 PM

Star Member brooklynite (20,903 posts)
15. How were they able to "endorse" Sanders?
I don't recall hearing about a vote...

Response to brooklynite (Reply #15)
Fri May 1, 2015, 01:52 PM

nadinbrzezinski (136,222 posts)
17. General Assembly
and I suspect you would not understand it, for some odd reason it does not work under Roberts Rules of Order.
For that matter, I doubt you would sit through one of these.

Response to nadinbrzezinski (Reply #17)
Fri May 1, 2015, 02:03 PM

28. I'm well aware of how OWS General Assemblies work...

http://www.nycga.net/

They used to occur right outside my wife's office. I've actually read many of their transcripts. And from what recall, they died out in 2012.  Do you have evidence that one was held?

Response to brooklynite (Reply #28)
Fri May 1, 2015, 02:05 PM

nadinbrzezinski (136,222 posts)
31. Since there is an endorsement, one was held
you also realize that this is not just Occupy Wall Street and that they are not dead.  I know, I know you would like it if they were dead and buried, but they are not.  And what you are demanding is that we prove a double negative. Sorry... I ain't playing your game, it is tiresome, but cute.

Response to nadinbrzezinski (Reply #31)
Fri May 1, 2015, 02:07 PM

35. "Since there was an endorsement, one was held"
Seems presumptuous on your part. You have no evidence that it happened, but it MUST have happened, because someone said it did.

Response to brooklynite (Reply #40)
Fri May 1, 2015, 02:17 PM
nadinbrzezinski (136,223 posts)
41. Good you can use the google
but some of those individuals are spokespeople for different OWS groups, which again, brings us back to the GA that was more than likely held, does it not?

I mean you go occupy judaism, they are talking for occupy judaism. That pretty much implies a GA somewhere, perhaps even over skype (though that sounds painful). I even recognize a few of these names, as precisely that, MEDIA CONTACTS.

But hell, fretting over technicalities with somebody who would prefer if all this went away. So with that, please proceed governor.

Response to nadinbrzezinski (Reply #41)
Fri May 1, 2015, 02:30 PM

50. I was under the impression that OWS and it's affiliates believed in openness
The whole premise of the General Assembly was that everything was transcribed and posted to the web. So it should be easy to point me to the site where this decision was made.

Of course it would be easier to assume that individuals with personal relationships to Occupy got together on their own and decided on their own to endorse him; but I guess that wouldn't be as impressive?

Response to brooklynite (Reply #50)
Fri May 1, 2015, 02:32 PM

nadinbrzezinski (136,223 posts)
51. You can search this on your own.
At this point just getting overtly cute.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »
Blind hog syndrome.

I prefer to think of him as a squirrel.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 03:54:25 PM »
After reading the slap fest between Pam and the nad I was reminded of Mike Rowe slapping down a possible DUer named Jim Green a little while back. It's below with the possible DUer in italics. Rowe's response follows. It's kind of long, but it is worth the read.

Jim Green: It is ALARMING when we do the demographic post mortem on this election, because it is probable that it was decided by our RACISTS--voting against President Obama, who wasn’t on the ballot—that gave the Republicans their election wins—OUR GREED AND IGNORANCE, Amazon.com

Jim Green:
Why is the media avoiding that we have a U.S. Senate bought and paid for by the Koch Bros/1%--and what they want for their dollar is to cut THEIR taxes [for pure GREED], and cut regulations to increase the bottom line [for pure GREED]….in short “OUR GREED AND IGNORANCE” [Amazon] ruled the day

Jim Green:
Why on Earth would ANYONE vote Republican? A reptile has more decency than the Republicans in Congress! Only an odious toad would pass Ryan’s budget or gut Food Stamps—and these depraved snakes made them THEIR HIGHEST PRIORITY! If only one child in America goes hungry because of the Republican’s War on Children it explains why---IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE A CHRISTIAN, AND VOTE REPUBLICAN, Amazon/Kindle

Jim Green:
A CHALLENGE….will you PLEASE explain to the American people why you vote/are a Republican—because for the life of me I cannot understand WHY WOULD ANYONE VOTE REPUBLICAN! (NO trashing the Prez as a reason—it may make our RACISTS happy—but it is an idiotic explanation/justification.) See: “IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE A CHRISTIAN, AND VOTE REPUBLICAN,” on Amazon/Kindle

Hi there, Jim

Greetings, from somewhere over Colorado. It appears you’re still trying to sell some books on my Facebook page. Personally, I haven’t read them, and based on your marketing strategy, I suspect I’m probably not alone. Since part of your approach seems to involve me, I thought perhaps I might offer you some unsolicited marketing advice. I hope it’s not too presumptuous, but these tips have served me well over the years, and I can’t help but think you and your marketing team might benefit from their immediate implementation.

1. Consider starting off each blurb with a friendly salutation. In my experience, a little cordiality goes a long way, especially when you’re trying to persuade someone to give you money.

2. Think about addressing your audience as something other than “racists,” “reptiles,” and “toads.” I get that you want to be provocative, but if your goal is to sell your book, a number of well-known studies have proven it’s best not to insult your potential customers.

3. Reconsider your commitment to caps and exclamation points. These are excellent choices when warning people about a fire, a volcanic eruption, an ebola outbreak, or a looming tsunami. But I’m afraid their use in the context of a book sale implies a level of urgency that may exist only in your mind. If you really want to persuade thoughtful people that Christians can’t vote for Republicans and remain Christian, you’ll need to appear credible - not hysterical. Lower case should work just fine.

4. Consider limiting each blurb to a single entry. When you post the identical screed four times in a row, it looks very much like a broken record sounds. This will lead people to conclude that you’re either a) inept at posting, or b) deliberately obnoxious. Neither conclusion is likely to lead to a sale. Remember, most people see posts like yours as small piles of vomit that they can quickly step around. But when the same vomitus post appears multiple times, you force my friends here to slosh through a virtual lake of spew. Ironically, this will not only make more people like you even less, it will decrease the odds that someone who might actually share your world view will feel inclined to purchase your book. (I’ve deleted all of your redundant posts from this morning, but left the original. You’re welcome.)

5. Regarding your overall claim, I’m not an authority on Republicans or Christians, but last I checked, America is still populated by plenty of both. Unless you wish to alienate a majority of the country, you might consider something a tad more conciliatory. Something like - “There is no "R" in Jesus - But There’s G-O-P in Gospel!”

Finally, with respect to your "challenge," I’m not a registered Republican, but from time to time, I have voted like one. If you really want to know why, ask me in a fashion that incorporates the aforementioned steps, and I’ll try to explain it to you.

In the meantime, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »
One of the problems with cousin nadin is, she doesn't realize when she is taking a beating.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline FlippyDoo

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 03:59:02 PM »
One of the problems with cousin nadin is, she doesn't realize when she is taking a beating.

That's one of the few pluses of being detached from reality.

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »

She's too arrogant to realize it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »
Imagine how demented you have to be to go back to a place just to argue with under side of the rock slugs that you are smarter then they are.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
Pam vs. gNads.

What does that remind me of?

-Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
Looks like Godzilla is going for the nads.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
Looks like Godzilla is going for the nads.

:bwah:
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 07:50:29 PM »
Pam vs. gNads.

What does that remind me of?

No helicopters wer hurt in this production.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »
Brooklynite & nadin took their battle to another thread, she is in extra-strength obnoxious bitch mode today.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026602875#post15

:popcorn:  That was good!

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline FlippyDoo

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 11:14:33 PM »
I'm beginning to think that someone is paying nads to use the word "cute", but at least she's spelling it correctly.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
I prefer to think of him as a squirrel.
Leave the squirrels out of this! Squirrels are fine and noble critters that tend to vote Conservative.
 :fuelfire:    :pokingpoop:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 11:32:38 PM »
I'm beginning to think that someone is paying nads to use the word "cute", but at least she's spelling it correctly.

I notice though that she's like, 0-23 on spelling "Cheney" correctly.
apres moi, le deluge