Author Topic: American Professor Kidnapped in Mexican Border City  (Read 2457 times)

Offline cavegal

American Professor Kidnapped in Mexican Border City
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/12/professor-kidnapped-mexican-border-city/
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico -- Armed men kidnapped an American university professor while she was visiting her mother in the violent Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez, the state prosecutor's office said Saturday.

The American was identified as Veronica Perez Rodriguez, an archeologist at Northern Arizona University.

A source at the Chihuahua state prosecutor's office said she was visiting her mother in Ciudad Juarez Friday afternoon "and the moment she left her family's house she was intercepted by armed men and deprived of her liberty."

Since 2003, Perez has been an associate professor of anthropology at the university in Flagstaff, Arizona.

Perez attended elementary, junior high, and high school in Ciudad Juarez, according to her resume, posted on the university's website. She is fluent in Spanish and English.

Perez, on her Northern Arizona University web page, describes herself as an ecological and environmental anthropologist and archeologist.

"My primary focus is the study of social complexity, urbanism, and its environmental impact in the Mixteca Alta region of Oaxaca, Mexico," she wrote.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline thundley4

Re: American Professor Kidnapped in Mexican Border City
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »
"and the moment she left her family's house she was intercepted by armed men and deprived of her liberty."
:banghead:

More euphemistic PC bullshit.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:34:18 PM »
Why target HER specifically?  The fact that several armed gunmen were waiting for her, hmm, I'd like to hear what develops.
I guess I understand why she went across the border since her mom lives there, but for any unattached American to head south of the Rio Grande is muy loco.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 08:47:06 PM »
Why target HER specifically?  The fact that several armed gunmen were waiting for her, hmm, I'd like to hear what develops.
I guess I understand why she went across the border since her mom lives there, but for any unattached American to head south of the Rio Grande is muy loco.

With her deep family and background connections in the shithole known as Ciudad Juarez, there is probably a lot more to this than simply a Mexican kidnap gang seeing dollar signs in their eyes.  Family figures into this somehow, though it may be as simple as her mother bragging how wealthy and important she is, and boasting about the upcoming visit.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »
With her deep family and background connections in the shithole known as Ciudad Juarez, there is probably a lot more to this than simply a Mexican kidnap gang seeing dollar signs in their eyes.  Family figures into this somehow, though it may be as simple as her mother bragging how wealthy and important she is, and boasting about the upcoming visit.

Most, not all, but most crimes seem to revolve around the drug cartels.  I also think there is more to this than a simple, random kidnapping.  Hope she will be okay.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »
Arizona Professor Safe With Family After Kidnapping in Mexico

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/13/arizona-professor-safe-family-kidnapping-mexico/
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- A Northern Arizona University (NAU) anthropology professor who was kidnapped by armed men Friday while visiting her mother in the violent Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez is safe and with family members, the Arizona Republic reported Sunday.

Veronica Perez Rodriguez, 35, was "intercepted by armed men and deprived of her liberty" after leaving her mother's home, a source at the Chihuahua state prosecutor's office told AFP.

NAU officials said Rodriguez had fallen victim to an "express kidnapping," which is described by a Bureau of Consular Affairs website as an attempt "to get quick cash in exchange for the release of an individual."

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »
Well, I am glad she's safe. Next time she wants to see Mom though, maybe better for Mom to come here.