Author Topic: Dianne Feinstein’s husband named in audit of 'unfair' University of California a  (Read 396 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Dianne Feinstein’s husband named in audit of 'unfair' University of California admissions
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dianne-feinsteins-husband-richard-blum-admissions-audit-university-of-california

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s husband has been named in connection with a University of California admissions audit that found wealthy and connected kids were given preference over more qualified applicants, according to local reports.

The audit, released earlier this week, found that 64 students with ties to major donors, university leaders, or other people with influence got into four of the state’s top public universities – beating out peers who were more qualified academically or athletically between 2013 and 2019.

And it singled out one case as “particularly problematic.”

Diane Feinstein's husband, Richard Blum, is a regent at the University of California system. He gave wealthy and connected applicants preference over more qualified applicants.

The auditor’s office identified that regent as Sen. Feinstein’s husband Richard Blum on Thursday, according to multiple local reports.

Blum reportedly told the San Francisco Chronicle that he had been writing similar letters for years and that “no one” had told him “it was wrong.”

“My cousin’s brother wanted to get into [UC] Davis,” the outlet quoted him as saying. “They’d send me a letter and tell me why it’s a good kid, and I’ll send it on to the chancellor. Been doing it forever.”
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du