Author Topic: Charlie Rangel admits to villa income  (Read 1210 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Charlie Rangel admits to villa income
« on: September 07, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
Harlem Rep. Charles Rangel admitted that he earned more than $75,000 of undeclared income from a Dominican Republic villa, after The Post exposed his wrongdoing in an exclusive report Sunday.

Rangel has owned the villa at the Punta Cana Yacht Club for 20 years, yet only sporadically declared income to Congress, and never reported it on his federal or state tax returns, his lawyer said.

A Post investigation into Punta Cana found that the sun-drenched beach front "casita" 412 was regularly rented out for up to $1,100 a day, yet Rangel had said he received no income in 2006, 2007 and other years. In other years, he had declared rental income of up to $15,000. He now admits that over 20 years he made at least $75,000 in rental income that he didn't report.

The chairman of the powerful Ways and Means Committee at first denied that he earned any money to a Post reporter, then said the whole thing was "a private matter." But now Rangel's lawyer says disclosure forms will be refiled for a number of years. Filing a false disclosure form can result in civil penalties and a possible five-year prison sentence.

SNIP

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09052008/news/regionalnews/rangel_admits_to_villa_income_127682.htm

Great picture at link  :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Charlie Rangel admits to villa income
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »
So now what?

He has a (D) so no way will he be prosecuted, much less sanctioned (forget censure).

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
Just looking at it very briefly I think charlie "forgot" to add a zero to that $75,000.

nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »
That picture is priceless.  :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »
That picture is priceless.  :-)

It's hard work being a slumlord. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.