Author Topic: CAWTHORN: Left-Wing Violence And Anti-Police Rhetoric Are Outrageous, Unacceptab  (Read 412 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
CAWTHORN: Left-Wing Violence And Anti-Police Rhetoric Are Outrageous, Unacceptable, And Unsustainable
https://www.dailywire.com/news/cawthorn-left-wing-violence-and-anti-police-rhetoric-are-outrageous-unacceptable-and-unsustainable

A violent protest in Asheville, North Carolina, on Wednesday night resulted in serious injuries to bystanders and a brain injury to a journalist who works for SKYline News, a local outlet. Chad Nesbitt, a personal friend of mine, routinely puts his health and well-being on the line to bring factual news about real issues to the people of western North Carolina.

Late in the evening, a violent mob surrounded Chad and assaulted him, leading to a serious traumatic brain injury that may impact him for the rest of his life. The mob assaulted him for one reason: They disagreed with him. Left-wing agitators have come to Asheville with politics in their left fist and violence in their right. Enough is enough.

Sadly, these violent acts are becoming more common, especially in many Democrat-controlled cities. As cries to defund or abolish the police have risen in cities like Asheville, public order and safety have fallen. On the same night Chad was injured, two police officers were shot by members of Antifa in Louisville, Kentucky.

In North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District (NC-11), which I am running to represent in Congress, the Left has pushed protesters to violence. Moe Davis, the Democrat in this race, has called for the necks of his opponents to be crushed, for them to be beaten with makeshift weapons, for their voices to be silenced. Last night, militant groups in NC-11 answered his call as they targeted the head of a SKYline News reporter. My opponent claims he needs to use violent rhetoric to get media attention. Apparently, he isn’t confident that his ideas will garner public interest and support unless he panders to the violent mob.

Defund the police is quixotic.

Since June 1, the Asheville Police Department has reported a surge in resignations, amounting to one out of every 10 police officers quitting the force. This is outrageous, unacceptable, and unsustainable. Irish statesman and philosopher Edmund Burke, who faced significant public unrest and large-scale riots in the 1770s, put it well: “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.”

To my opponent, I say denounce your divisive and violent rhetoric, stand with our officers who uphold the law, and tell the members of Antifa from your campaign staff and supporters that you will no longer cheerlead their barbarism with profane calls for violence.

To the people of NC-11 and North Carolina, I ask that you join me in praying for the swift recovery of Chad Nesbitt and a quick end to the violence that engulfs our nation.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du