Author Topic: I still can't understand why anyone with half a brain still believes the GOP  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
WCGreen

I still can't understand why anyone with half a brain still believes the GOP is fiscally responsible

Every time they get a chance, they increase spending and cut taxes...

How many times do they have to do this before people catch on?

I know it has a lot to do with the media focusing on the visceral instead of the intellectual, but it is more than that.

I firmly believe the GOP does everything to reinforce that misguided perception.

I wonder why the democrats don't get to the gut level and just call 'em like they are.

I mean, why don't the democrats, at every breath, repeat that the GOP is the party of deficits and tax cuts for the rich?

The GOP still uses that hoary old Tax and Spend liberal crap and still gets away with it almost 50 years since Reagan et all embraced that moniker.

Why do Democrats always make it hard to define a simple concept?

The GOP, the party of deficits.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002276593

Yet you are dumb enough to think the democrats are.  :mental:

Right now it's the GOP who is talking about and passing bills in the house to do something about spending, meanwhile the dems are dreaming up more and more ways to spend, and killing the house bills in the senate.

baldguy
1. I think the average person is finally getting a clue how bad the GOP is.

Unfortunately, 50% of the people are dumber than average.

Actually, you have that backwards, the people realize that it's the dems who are still on the spending spree.

tulsakatz
3. true, all you have to do is compare democrats to republicans!

every time it's the republicans who rack up the huge deficits!

Bill Maher once said 'isn't tax & spend better than no tax & spend?' I mean if you spend money, it has to come from somewhere! If you're not collecting money from taxes, you have to borrow it! Which republicans seem to be ok with so long as the President is one of theirs but if it's a democrat.....well, you know how that goes.

What party was in power the last time there was a balanced budget?
That's right DUmmy, it was when Newt and the boys had the house, and the GOP had the senate.
Yes the GOP did screw the pooch later and they were thrown out of office for doing so, then Pelosi and her gang showed us how overspending is really done.

gulliver
8. Republicans don't believe it because of evidence.

They believe they are fiscally responsible in the exact same sense that they "believe in themselves." Evidence doesn't even enter the picture. Republicans think not thinking is strength of will.

There is evidence that the GOP can be fiscally responsible, it was when Newt was Speaker.

Teh stupid from these people may not hurt them, but I have a headache now.
 :banghead:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

6.5 trillion dollars in new debt under 0bama in four years. Yep, all the republicans fault. At least the GOP controlled HOR has bought the yearly deficit from 1.5 trillion each year to only 1 trillion.

BTW, half a brain is twice as much as your typical Duche has.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Mr Mannn

6.5 trillion dollars in new debt under 0bama in four years.
and nothing to show for it.

Offline JakeStyle

I swear, WCGreen could post his shopping list and CalPeg would rec it and reply with a virtual Lewinsky.  She digs that guy.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
I'd make the point that all the people with half a brain are probably lifelong liberals and vote straight democrat ticket.

The people with a complete brain are the conservatives.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
I'd make the point that all the people with half a brain are probably lifelong liberals and vote straight democrat ticket.

The people with a complete brain are the conservatives.

True that.

Why do you think Rush says he has "half his brain tied behind his back, just to make it fair."  It's so liberals can keep up!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline sybilll

WC, you mental midget.  When Pelosi took the gavel, the unemployment rate was 4.7%, and the deficit was $190 billion.  If that moron Harry Reid would bring the 30, count 'em 30, jobs/deficit reduction bills that have passed the House to the Senate for a vote, we might see some improvement. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Mon Feb 6, 2012, 07:21 PM
 WCGreen (41,119 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

I still can't understand why anyone with half a brain still believes the GOP is fiscally responsible
>snip<
Simply because they are still, a half a brain ahead of you.
There, feel better? :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
WC, you mental midget.  When Pelosi took the gavel, the unemployment rate was 4.7%, and the deficit was $190 billion.  If that moron Harry Reid would bring the 30, count 'em 30, jobs/deficit reduction bills that have passed the House to the Senate for a vote, we might see some improvement. 

And that 4.7% was worse than depression era levels, according to the DUmp, and the media.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I swear, WCGreen could post his shopping list and CalPeg would rec it and reply with a virtual Lewinsky.  She digs that guy.

It's the Bob Marley avatar.

She's "that way."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
As I understand it, with the exception of moles and Skimmer, nobody at the DUmp even comes close to having a brain half. So, I don't think any DUmmie is in any position to judge his betters.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey