Author Topic: OK....this bill may pass...but can everybody at least admit it's just "victory i  (Read 381 times)

Offline CC27

Home  » Discuss » General Discussion: Presidency     Donate to DU
Ken Burch Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Mar-18-10 01:35 AM
Original message
OK....this bill may pass...but can everybody at least admit it's just "victory in name"?

Edited on Thu Mar-18-10 01:37 AM by Ken Burch
Let's be honest. Our leaders decided we needed a "win". And that's all they cared about.

Fine, this is gonna win. But other than that, we all know it's meaningless.

After 2012(since we now know the next Congress will be right-wing and worthless)we'll have to fight for something that actually matters.

And IN 2012, if we want to win, we'll have to nominate a Democrat-that is, someone who fights corporate power rather than surrendering to it.

Agreed?

This was the health care equivalent of the Civil Rights Act of 1957. And there's good reasons you don't remember the Civil Rights Act of 1957. In fact, there's no reason you SHOULD remember it. It will be like that in a few years with this bill.

Now, we need to fight for something better.

Large bonfire.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x228211

Offline Airwolf

Stupid is as stupid post.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"