Author Topic: cooking shows  (Read 8580 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: cooking shows
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »
Can't stand Jamie Oliver.....I just wanna cut his lips off....

That made me LOL for reals....   :lmao:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »
Bobby Flay is annoying, but, "Grill It!" is the best show on Food Network.

Justin Wilson is the greatest host of all time.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »
I'll be glad when I can turn on Food TV and not see Bobby Flay.

I love spicy food and chiles, being from New Mexico, but damn if that boy ain't a one-trick pony.  Hey, Bobby--copying someone else's shit and then trying to tell them it's better than theirs isn't really very entertaining.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 09:14:06 PM »
I love spicy food and chiles, being from New Mexico, but damn if that boy ain't a one-trick pony.  Hey, Bobby--copying someone else's shit and then trying to tell them it's better than theirs isn't really very entertaining.

I hear everything you are saying, but, this shit's the BOMB!!!!!!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/cauliflower-goat-cheese-gratin-recipe/index.html
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
Chopped is my favorite I think it would be hard with the time limit but I love making something that tastes good with differant ingredients
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 10:25:14 PM »
I don't care for Bobby Flay, either. He seems arrogant and supercilious.... (that MAY be redundant). I just LOVE to watch him get his ass beat in those "Throwdowns".....
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Taxman

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 07:00:50 AM »
Bobby Flay is annoying, but, "Grill It!" is the best show on Food Network.

I like the Neelys and watching Giada makes me think naughty thoughts.  Some time ago I was blessed to see pictures of her in a two piece.   :o

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »
The Neelys should just get it over with and do it like they do on the Discovery Channel, on the kitchen table.

:-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »
 :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 02:57:42 PM »
The Neelys should just get it over with and do it like they do on the Discovery Channel, on the kitchen table.

:-)

First thoughts after I read that the secret is in the sauce :evillaugh:
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 03:46:55 PM »
I don't care for Bobby Flay, either. He seems arrogant and supercilious.... (that MAY be redundant). I just LOVE to watch him get his ass beat in those "Throwdowns".....
I some point I noticed Flay is arrogant, somethings off with him. I did so enjoy MasterChef this season. I also have enjoyed Food Truck challenge. Do not watch the Bravo channel at all. Isn't tonight Pitmasters, the one with Warren Sapp?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:49:52 PM by cavegal »

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 11:39:33 PM »

Bingo - I remember when he first came on foodnetwork. Probably 1996 or so. He did a show called "Grillin' and Chillin'" with a guy who was twice the TV personality that Flay was/is. His name was Jack something-or-other. Flay is big on using propane or natural gas, Jack was a charcoal guy. Dunno what happened to Jack, but we wind up with Flay.  :whatever:

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »
Bingo - I remember when he first came on foodnetwork. Probably 1996 or so. He did a show called "Grillin' and Chillin'" with a guy who was twice the TV personality that Flay was/is. His name was Jack something-or-other. Flay is big on using propane or natural gas, Jack was a charcoal guy. Dunno what happened to Jack, but we wind up with Flay.  :whatever:

Hey NOW!!! I prefer propane simply because it's far more efficient, quicker and one doesn't have to replenish the coals.  I HAVE learned how to make propane grill cook with a good smoke flavor. It takes a little bit and perhaps some reconfiguration. I DO ABSOLUTELY  loathe these new propane grills with those "flame tamers" (metal pieces over the gas flame) The new grill I bought this past spring had those. It provided a lackluster flavor, at best. I reconfigured the grill, got some ceramic/ hickory  embedded briquettes, a metal rack to install them on, and now it cooks with a decent flavor. I add in some wood chips if I want even better flavor.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:13 PM »
Hey NOW!!! I prefer propane simply because it's far more efficient, quicker and one doesn't have to replenish the coals.  I HAVE learned how to make propane grill cook with a good smoke flavor. It takes a little bit and perhaps some reconfiguration. I DO ABSOLUTELY  loathe these new propane grills with those "flame tamers" (metal pieces over the gas flame) The new grill I bought this past spring had those. It provided a lackluster flavor, at best. I reconfigured the grill, got some ceramic/ hickory  embedded briquettes, a metal rack to install them on, and now it cooks with a decent flavor. I add in some wood chips if I want even better flavor.

Don't misunderstand - I don't have a dog in the propane vs. charcoal fight one way or the other. I like it all, no matter how it's grilled.

(I don't understand that no-you-can't-use-starter-fluid. As far as I can tell, that stuff burns off and then it's just coals and good eatin' afterward.  :yum: )

My whole point involved the Flay vs. Jack thing. As far as I'm concerned, Flay turned out the loser - every time.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
Don't misunderstand - I don't have a dog in the propane vs. charcoal fight one way or the other. I like it all, no matter how it's grilled.

(I don't understand that no-you-can't-use-starter-fluid. As far as I can tell, that stuff burns off and then it's just coals and good eatin' afterward.  :yum: )

My whole point involved the Flay vs. Jack thing. As far as I'm concerned, Flay turned out the loser - every time.

Flay loses most of his throwdowns, too. I wish there was another Justin Wilson. Ol' Joos-stan was a funny guy and he could do right well in the kitchen.

Offline JLO

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 12:03:01 AM »
Only if I get to her first and throat-punch her the next time I hear her say, "E-V-O-O..."
It's called EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL. 

Therin comes the irritant!  She says EVVO, and then explains what she means by explaining that it's EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

She has too much cutesy words/phrases that are just plain irritating.  Her popularity doesn't seem to be declining any though. 

I "think" she just got another show. 
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 11:48:31 AM »
Therin comes the irritant!  She says EVVO, and then explains what she means by explaining that it's EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

She has too much cutesy words/phrases that are just plain irritating.  Her popularity doesn't seem to be declining any though. 

I "think" she just got another show. 

I switch the channel whenever she comes on now.  She always seems to be going on vacation, too.  :whatever: I don't know about y'all, but exactly how can a couple afford to go out to all of these expensive restaurants ALL of the time ?? When she used to do $40/ Day..... that wasn't a bad show. She didn't even seem to use all of those cutesy words.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »
I switch the channel whenever she comes on now.  She always seems to be going on vacation, too.  :whatever: I don't know about y'all, but exactly how can a couple afford to go out to all of these expensive restaurants ALL of the time ?? When she used to do $40/ Day..... that wasn't a bad show. She didn't even seem to use all of those cutesy words.

That's because she wasn't in the kitchen. She was just eating and talking. Eating and talking. You get the idea.  :whatever: