Author Topic: Question on this Hunter Biden laptop distraction?  (Read 525 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Question on this Hunter Biden laptop distraction?
« on: October 19, 2020, 09:20:37 PM »
Ohioboy (1,341 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214319857

Question on this Hunter Biden laptop distraction?

The right wing- media and the Trump supporters in general keep harping on the idea that Hunter Biden was selling access to his father's influence as Vice President, but I never hear them point to any actions or policy taken by then Vice President Biden that would indicate he had been influenced.

Has anyone heard of any policy shift or any action taken by Vice President Biden to indicate or give the impression he had been influenced? I have heard nothing.

If they can't claim the Vice President ever did anything for the so-called influence, how can they say there was influence?

For contrast, in 2016 Trump gave the distinct impression that he was doing Russia a favor by wanting his party's platform concerning U.S. assistance to Ukraine changed. This was seen by many as a way of rewarding Russia. Those thinking so had a good point. To my knowledge nothing like this policy change of the republican platform exists in the allegations being leveled at the Bidens.

:popcorn:

Star Member TreasonousBastard (36,522 posts)

1. Specifics are not the point. The point is simply to get out the doubt.

Star Member Takket (12,879 posts)

5. exactly.......

always leave the IMPRESSION that something nefarious went on. it isn't an accident that the rethugs controlled all three branches of government from 2017-2019, and all but the House since, and Hillary Clinton has never so much as been charged with anything. Because there was never anything to charge her with. But millions believe she is a criminal.

unblock (46,970 posts)

4. It's the Hillary email scamdal all over again. "Let's have 9 investigations to find out!"

Most republican scamdals are just made up fantasies that there might be an actual scandal there to find.

as with the emails, they really hoped there was some important secrets that actually got hacked. But no. Just done low lever secrets that weren't marked as such that no one ever hacked.

Same with the hunter thing. They're just hoping joe made a phone call and promised a quid pro quo or something. Pure fantasy.

LizBeth (4,832 posts)

7. The opposite from the start of all this. Absolutely, there was no policy shift or adaption to

allegations. Even if true, it made no difference.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Question on this Hunter Biden laptop distraction?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:50:37 AM »
A threat to cancel a billion-dollar aid package to Ukraine, in the middle of a shadow war with the Russian Federation, isn't an effect?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 08:14:29 AM »
So Joe didn't realize that the meet-up parade of foreign business people referred by Hunter was using his office to feed Hunter's coke habit? That's a degree of cluelessness that should only be in the White House as a tourist.

Or did Joe know? Which do DUpipo think is OK? Pay-to-Play or monumental cluelessness?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:18:10 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:33:26 AM »
Has anyone heard of any policy shift or any action taken by Vice President Trump Biden to indicate or give the impression he had been influenced by Russia? I have heard nothing.

keeping their denial in perspective
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 03:41:50 PM »
Finally, they're saying two words about this?  Back when it started up, when the whole world was talking about it, there was a vacuous, stupid silence from over there.  They looked utterly ignorant.