Author Topic: Thank you President Obama  (Read 312 times)

Offline CC27

Thank you President Obama
« on: May 20, 2022, 03:00:42 PM »
ripcord (2,933 posts)

Thank you President Obama

We are in a rural part of the desert and have been getting by with really slow internet and no options. President Obama's program to bring high speed internet to rural areas has been ongoing in our area and I finally got my installation today. This is what what I am now getting for $50 a month.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216711469

Bragging about taxpayer funded WIFI.  :whatever:

Online Muddling 2

Re: Thank you President Obama
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 03:59:10 PM »
Bragging about taxpayer funded WIFI.  :whatever:

No options?  Elon Musk's Starlink is tailor made for rural areas where running fiber is cost prohibitive. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 04:36:33 PM »
If what this primitive is doing involves reading and commenting on kook sites like DU, then they’ve made a poor choice in how to use what they believe their Dear Leader provided. Simply put, they’re now able to become misinformed and more stupid quicker than they once did. That’s a very unproductive way to go through life.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 07:06:06 PM »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 08:25:36 PM »
If what this primitive is doing involves reading and commenting on kook sites like DU, then they’ve made a poor choice in how to use what they believe their Dear Leader provided. Simply put, they’re now able to become misinformed and more stupid quicker than they once did. That’s a very unproductive way to go through life.

It's exceptionally unproductive, but if any single word could be said to encompass the DUmmy way of doing anything, "unproductive" would have to take the blue ribbon.

And that's EXACTLY the effect Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch intended from his little "freebie" to the rural communities. :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus