Author Topic: "use their jury blacklists to the fullest extent"  (Read 773 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
"use their jury blacklists to the fullest extent"
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:56:25 AM »
There is a reason we call them Feminazis.

CreekDog (41,806 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/113911296

I encourage folks here to use their jury blacklists to the fullest extent

many of you know more about this than me, but if you don't keep in mind:

if you're a feminist or other type of liberal or civil rights activist, in a way you're targeted by a minority here, but a minority that is very effective in getting on juries.

just a hint of how this all can play out...if someone posts something offensive to feminists, when the feminists and their allies respond in the thread, all of these people will not be called to serve on juries about any post in that thread.

who is left? those who aren't offended and don't post in it, those who are "meh" about it or those who hang back and wait to serve on juries (get a life right?).

but you see it time and time again.

so talk to each other and update your jury blacklist. i think it makes a difference because those who oppose feminists don't have the numbers here that you do.

thanks for listening.

So, basically, the Vagina Brigade are using alerts to blacklist some posters by hiding their posts...

NYC_SKP (59,676 posts)
4. Good advice, but not useful only to supporters of Feminist principles.

Let's face it, there is a lot of animosity among members and I'm sure there are serial alerters and even people who work with others to target individuals that they may not like.

It's a plain fact.

And your advice is good advice.

Thanks.

Irony... It is lost here.

CreekDog (41,806 posts)
8. there seems to be a lot of animosity towards women and people of color who simply want equality with white males, on average.

:stoner:

Jim Lane (5,138 posts)
6. You appear to assume that all malicious alerting is done by opponents of feminism.

My guess is that there is absolutely no collection of DUers with a particular viewpoint that is completely free of alert abusers.

Of course, that only reinforces your advice about using the jury blacklist.

Oh, no... A man posted in teh Fem group... this will end badly...

CreekDog (41,806 posts)
12. i can offer advice to whomever i want

if you want to post advice to the men's group folks, go for it.

i'm not here to help what they are trying to do.

Gormy Cuss (28,481 posts)
11. Jim Lane, a note from a host of this group:

Please note that this is a thread within a feminist group, thus making a statement about using your jury blacklist to avoid those who may alert maliciously on that basis is appropriate and within the SOP.

Arguing here that the poster is just imagining it is not.

Thanks,
Gormy Cuss

Star Member Jim Lane (5,138 posts)
13. Then I didn't make myself clear.

I wasn't arguing that the OP was just imagining alert abuse. To the contrary, I opined "that there is absolutely no collection of DUers with a particular viewpoint that is completely free of alert abusers."

My only difference with the OP is that the OP mentioned only one aspect of alert abuse, and I think the problem is broader than what the OP said. That's why I said to CreekDog that my addition "only reinforces your advice about using the jury blacklist."

Jim. Dude. You are a man. You can never be right.

CreekDog (41,806 posts)
15. You aren't too swift

You seem to think that if i post this advice here i only think the advice is useful or applicable to people who read this group.

Think harder.

I was corrected by another DUmpmonkie who send some information to a mole of mine. She stated that you can list DU-ers who you don't want to be members of a jury on an alerted message of yours.

Basically, you can block people voting on your alerted message from being on the jury...

How the **** did nadin get any posts hidden?

I am diving back into the DUmp to unlock this secret!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: "use their jury blacklists to the fullest extent"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
Can you imagine what would happen if those bitter skanks actually used all of that time to do something productive?
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:27:50 PM »
Can you imagine what would happen if those bitter skanks actually used all of that time to do something productive?
That's just crazy talk.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
The Ku Klux Klams are really in control. I wonder how long their reign will last for.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
I was corrected by another DUmpmonkie who send some information to a mole of mine. She stated that you can list DU-ers who you don't want to be members of a jury on an alerted message of yours.

Basically, you can block people voting on your alerted message from being on the jury...

How the **** did nadin get any posts hidden?

I am diving back into the DUmp to unlock this secret!

You are limited to 15 peeps on your blacklist (non-Star Members are limited to 5), so you still have a pretty good chance of getting hosed by a jury.  Especially if you have made as many enemies as nadin has.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
The Ku Klux Klams are really in control. I wonder how long their reign will last for.
Until the normal people get tired of the noise and the odor.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 11:09:39 PM »
Until the normal people get tired of the noise and the odor.
Normal? At the DUmp?

A few years ago, the homos took over almost completely.

Then Skimmer stepped in with a Night Of The Long Knives, tombstoning a swarm of the most obnoxious nancy boys.

But now Skimmer has lost interest in the DUmp.

It will be very difficult to rid the DUmp of the Klam Kurse.