Author Topic: DUmmy "Texas Towelie" trying to scam the system again  (Read 6642 times)

Offline HawkHogan

Re: DUmmy "Texas Towelie" trying to scam the system again
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »
Oh.  So that's where that feminine-sounding screen-name comes from.

<<<doesn't do television, so didn't know.

"I have a disability... my boss wants me to be in work on time and doesn't want me to smoke weed.  Also, I'm suffering emotional distress from being mocked on Conservative Cave."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
tanstaafl,

There is no need for me to make fun of your username.  The fact that you are a frequent poster on this site gives me sufficient leeway to poke fun at you.

I also do not believe that is necessary to divulge my medical disabilities to the public.  I can say that I paid taxes for years and I tried to return to the workforce despite my disabilities.  However, the reactions on this site proves what liberals have said about conservatives--that they lack compassion and caring for anyone.  I sincerely hope that you remain in good health the rest of your life because if you don't you will experience enough dire circumstances that you might rethink your conservative ideology.

Warmest regards (provided that you have discovered fire in your conservative cave),

TexasTowelie

Dear TT.

Go **** yourself you worthless piece of America hating shit. Then go die in a fire.

Yours truly

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 05:08 PM

TexasTowelie (8,163 posts)

Thank you!

I only have a few minutes available to respond to all of the kind wishes, prayers, and good vibes that were sent in response to the thread that my sister started yesterday. I didn't realize how fond some of you were regarding my posts so a big hearty Texas thank you goes to all my friends on DU.

I'm getting first-hand experience with the joy and pleasure of navigating through the health care system for non-insured people in Texas. I've continually fallen through the cracks of the system for many reasons including some bad luck on timing issues when I applied for various types of assistance. Unfortunately the stress during all of those attempts eventually took a toll on me from a physical health and mental health perspective.

I am very satisfied by what my health care providers and social workers have done for me over the past couple of months. They are trying very hard to help, but they are hampered by the policies set by two decades of Republicans in the governor's chair.

I'm in the process of filing for SSI-disability as a backup plan so that I can retroactively retire. However, I would prefer to find full-time employment since I prefer to return back to my prior career field.

I don't know when I will be able to resume regular blogging on Texas politics and social matters, but the fact that so many people responded to the thread gives me a lot of strength to continue through my struggles. I miss you guys and gals and look forward to returning back to DU after the resolution of my health crisis.

A special set of kudos goes to my sister who is leaping over many hurdles to assist me during this time. She is also a great Democrat that moved to Georgia last year. Not only is she bright, but she is also beautiful inside and out so I've always had the utmost respect for her. I am a lucky Towelie!

Thanks once again for all the support--I'll catch up with you soon.

I was led to believe that insurance was required by the federal government or you will face a monetary penalty or even jail?  How is it you are slipping through the cracks?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
Well, I'm not surprised by the reaction I received now that I waded into the cesspool of the Conservative Cave.  This place is a dung heap of judgmental assholes that treat other humans like shit.  Really, when people express that they want you to die then they show how truly horrible they are. 

I hope that when your days are done that God judges you in the same manner that you have judged me and you rot in Hell where you deservedly belong.  It's apparent that this group deserves to live in caves.

As Rick Perry would say, Adios Mofo!

You just described the shithole you came from, you hypocritical ass. Don't even attempt to take the high road.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Newsweek

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 02:45:46 PM »
Texas Towlie, DU's Texas news aggregator, has been totally silent on Texas Monthly's award of the Bumsteer award to Wendy Davis.  The magazine cover have a very attractive cove showing a cartoon Wendy stepping in Bulls---.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 02:51:54 PM »
Hi Texas,

I just have one question.  If you worked all these years why don't you have a safety net to fall back on?  Have you set nothing aside in case of an emergency? 

I don't make a lot of money but I do support my entire family on my pay and I have tons of life insurance on me that will take care of each of my kids and husband for at least 20 years each.  Policies don't cost that much but you should always think of others and try not to be a burden to people.  They may smile at you but deep down I always feel they are thinking "why didn't you prepare?"  Anyway, I get upset at people that just give up so easily and try to get benefits.  I don't understand why someone with any self respect would settle for depending on the government for your food, shelter, and money. 

Hope your Christmas is a wonderful one and I really do hope you feel better soon.  I don't want my kids paying for people that aren't truly disabled. 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
I have multiple medical conditions that have kept me from returning the workforce.

Like what?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 02:58:53 PM »
You just described the shithole you came from, you hypocritical ass. Don't even attempt to take the high road.

Projection is a genetic Progressive/DUmmie trait.

Especially noticeable in Austin Progressives like Paper Towel here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »
Look, you either can work full-time, as you say you'd rather do, or you can't. If you can, you don't need to be applying for SSDI. That's for people who are truly in need, which if you can work full-time doesn't include you.

Otherwise, your attitude towards those of us who are more intelligent, more mature, and better people than you or your fellow dimwits on Skin's island could ever hope to be needs a serious adjustment. I suggest you do it on your own before we decide we need to do it for you, son.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 03:18:13 PM »
Guest   22:05:05   Posting in DUmmy "Texas Towelie" trying to scam the system again.

Sorry Lurker...you gotta register if you wanna post.   :loser:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:46 PM »
Texas Towlie, DU's Texas news aggregator, has been totally silent on Texas Monthly's award of the Bumsteer award to Wendy Davis.  The magazine cover have a very attractive cove showing a cartoon Wendy stepping in Bulls---.

Oh my.

That Texas Monthly seems pretty impressive; all the stories.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/stand-desk/and-bum-steer-year

Was 2014 the year of the Un–Bum Steer? So many of our usual suspects behaved themselves (more or less) that we wondered if something was amiss. Texas A&M didn’t do anything too Aggie-like, the Dallas Cowboys were actually in the playoff hunt for a change, and Matthew McConaughey minded his p’s and q’s while picking up an Oscar along the way.

Thankfully, politics didn’t let us down. Governor Rick Perry was indicted by a grand jury for abusing his power and coercing a public servant, and he celebrated having his mug shot taken with a jaunt to buy frozen custard. Good ol’ Louie Gohmert, the Republican congressman from Tyler, offered up plenty of laughs—intentional or otherwise—which made us think he was in on the joke. But nothing, and we mean nothing, could match the train wreck that was Wendy Davis, Battleground Texas, and the Democrats.

No one suggested that 2014 would be the year that the party roared back to life. No one argued that the Democrats would put the Republicans in a tough spot come Election Day. But did anyone think that Davis, after all the national exposure and all the money that flowed into her coffers, would be throttled so badly by Republican Greg Abbott in her race to become governor? In the end, she lost by more percentage points than Tony Sanchez did in 2002. And she won 270,499 fewer votes than Bill White did in 2010 in his doomed effort against Perry. It’s not that the Democrats underperformed. It’s that the party that hasn’t won a statewide race since 1994 actually dug itself an even deeper hole!

For Davis, her campaign started poorly—this magazine compared her rollout to the debut of the Bag o’ Glass from Mainway Toys—and things seemed to only go downhill from there. Infighting! Staff shake-ups! Tension with the press! Missteps over her own biography! And to add insult to injury, after the dust had settled, the state Senate seat she gave up to run against Abbott was claimed by a Republican. Davis may be out of politics for now, but she didn’t walk away empty-handed: she is our Bum Steer of the Year.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 04:08:43 PM »
Okay, I wasn't going to vote in the Turd of the Year (TOTY) competition, but I just may right now.

I think Texas Toast here is worthy of a new category:

The Leech

This is the TOTY that has made a quest out of leeching off the gubmint, all while crying and whining and lamenting about how bad it is.

Texas Turd gets my vote.  :thumbs:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 04:32:29 PM »
Hello Tess,

I saw that you took an interest in me on DU.  Considering that you do not know the circumstances of my personal medical situation, I feel obligated to respond.

Since it's glowingly obvious we're being more honest about your situation, and what you believe, than *you* are, next time you feel "obligated," don't.

Offline TexasTowelie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »
Hey conservaturd asswipes,

From the time that I wrote the opening post to now my disabilities have become worse because I suffer from two chronic conditions.  I really wish that I could have returned to work, but there were no guaranteed employment offers made to me like one of you turds suggested.  Even if I had returned to work it is doubtful that I would have had the physical stamina to remain employed.  I used to pull 75-80 hour work weeks when I was previously employed on salary and my conservaturd bosses dumped me at the ten year mark when they would have had to start paying for more vacation time.  In three of those ten years I did not use my vacation time and could not carry it over to the following year.  Your assumption that I'm lazy is full of crap.

I'm amused that you have to troll DU for your jollies.  I guess that none of you have lives of your own that provide any amusement.  But I'm not angry at you, I just had my feelings that my feelings about conservaturds confirmed, AGAIN.

Go pound sand, suck your bosses' dick and kiss some ass.
Vote Democratic in 2016!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 06:21:39 PM »
Well, I'm not surprised by the reaction I received now that I waded into the cesspool of the Conservative Cave.  This place is a dung heap of judgmental assholes that treat other humans like shit.  Really, when people express that they want you to die then they show how truly horrible they are. 

I hope that when your days are done that God judges you in the same manner that you have judged me and you rot in Hell where you deservedly belong.  It's apparent that this group deserves to live in caves.

As Rick Perry would say, Adios Mofo!

:crybaby:

Grow a pair you whiny pansy.  BTW... I thought you dummies did not believe in God.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 06:24:10 PM »

From the time that I wrote the opening post to now my disabilities have become worse because I suffer from two chronic conditions.  I really wish that I could have returned to work, but there were no guaranteed employment offers made to me like one of you turds suggested.  Even if I had returned to work it is doubtful that I would have had the physical stamina to remain employed.  I used to pull 75-80 hour work weeks when I was previously employed on salary and my conservaturd bosses dumped me at the ten year mark when they would have had to start paying for more vacation time.  In three of those ten years I did not use my vacation time and could not carry it over to the following year.  Your assumption that I'm lazy is full of crap.

I'm amused that you have to troll DU for your jollies.  I guess that none of you have lives of your own that provide any amusement.  But I'm not angry at you, I just had my feelings that my feelings about conservaturds confirmed, AGAIN.

Stupidity and sloth??

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »

Sure sounds like you are angry to me.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
Oh my.

This is dreadful.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
You know, we got to get a better, a higher, quality of primitives to come over here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
Blah, blah, blah.....

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You already told us you're lazy and looking for a free ride.

As you may have the ability to note, at the time Tess posted this originally it didn't generate a lot of replies because, quite simply, we've grown accustomed over the years to freeloaders like you on Skin's island trying to milk the system. Another day, another scam. Some we note, others we don't. That you felt the need to resurrect an old thread tells us it bothers you, when at this time we had long forgotten your sorted tale.

But since you brought it back up; Tough. We don't care what bothers you or what you like or don't like. Your name-calling holds no meaning. Libs are either moochers or moocher enablers and they've made that clear. So you're a moocher. Your political stances alone predicated you were going to be one or the other.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »

I have less concern about you then I would over a mud puddle worm drying on the sidewalk dipshit.
Why...because you are a lying piece of filth.
Lets take a little look at the time line here,Eastern standard.

Your first post in the thread.
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:24:30 PM

Another.
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:31:51 AM »

Later.
« Reply #16 on: Today at 11:18:35 AM »

Your latest.
« Reply #38 on: Today at 05:17:28 PM »

Your stamina seems pretty good to me crybaby.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
A little less than half an hour to vote for the Top DUmmies of 2014, folks.

Release of the awards begin some time mid-afternoon Christmas Eve, and conclude mid-afternoon New Year's Eve.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »
You know, we got to get a better, a higher, quality of primitives to come over here.

Wouldn't that be like trying to buy a diamond ring at the dollar store, Frank?   :tongue:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
Wouldn't that be like trying to buy a diamond ring at the dollar store, Frank?   :tongue:

You know, like clockwork, every year during the Top DUmmies contest, a primitive shows up here.

The high point of course was that night the late Tangerine LaBamba came here (December 17, 2009) and spilled the beans on many primitives.

Every year, one of them shows up.  Every single year.

But I'm hoping badly this one here isn't the one for this year; that a higher-quality primitive shows up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TexasTowelie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2014, 08:49:46 PM »
Gina,

I did have a safety net to fall back on when I was laid off, but after being unemployed for a long time the funds do eventually run out.  I also did all of the things that you mentioned in your response and more.  I paid for both short term and long term disability policies, I invested in the employee stock ownership program, I invested in a 401k program and received a nice match from my employer and I also had a modest amount in savings.  I was fortunate and beat the market average with my investments.  Unfortunately having life insurance doesn't really benefit me--the beneficiaries would have been the ones that would have "won the lottery" if I died.

However, after I was laid off I paid through the nose for COBRA insurance for as long as possible, spent another $10K on dental work, oral surgery and dentures, and I was run over while riding a bicycle and the driver left the scene of the accident.  My medical expenses even with insurance were running nearly $500/month and I the normal expenses people have (food, clothing, shelter, utilities).  While I was unemployed I sent in applications for every job possible from a restaurant server to those related to my degree.  I even tried getting a few gigs as a freelance consultant in my profession, but trying to get people to pay up on their contracts after the work is done is a hassle and the amounts were so small that attorneys did not want to get involved.  I took a couple of the larger contracts to small claims court and obtained judgments in my favor, but that doesn't mean that I can force those parties to pay.

I don't expect to gain any sympathy from anybody in this forum because everyone here believes that they can make it on their own--I used to think the same about myself since I provided for myself for over 25 years after I graduated college.  However, it has been a tough economy in my field for almost ten years and most employers are reluctant to give older workers a chance to get in the door because they can hire someone younger for less money.  The father of one of my conservative friends has been unemployed for about eight years and he gave up looking for work years ago because the only opportunities available were three or six month contracts nearly 1,500 miles away and he didn't want to abandon his family.  For some reason, they still vote for Republicans even though it is not in the best of their family.

My health has been fragile for more than ten years and my weight has varied from 115 to 185 pounds and I'm a tall guy.  The situation started getting much worse last winter and each month has been worse than the previous month.  It is unlikely that I will live to my actual retirement age due to the chronic diseases that I deal with.  I'd prefer not to be on government assistance, but I paid more than my share so I don't feel guilty asking for help now that I need it despite all the people on this Website that take pleasure in the misery of others.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:53:50 PM by TexasTowelie »
Vote Democratic in 2016!