Author Topic: THERE IS NO IRS SCANDAL! THE IRS IS JUST DOING ITS JOB!!!  (Read 296 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
THERE IS NO IRS SCANDAL! THE IRS IS JUST DOING ITS JOB!!!
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:45 AM »
Did I say IRS?

I meant to say CIA.

WillyT (52,596 posts)

So You Think It's All Hyperbole Do You... Part Of Senator Udall's Letter To The President...

“As you are aware, the CIA has recently taken unprecedented action against the Committee in relation to the internal CIA review, and I find these actions to be incredibly troubling for the Committee’s oversight responsibilities and for our democracy,” Udall wrote. “It is essential that the Committee be able to do its oversight work — consistent with our constitutional principle of the separation of powers — without the CIA posing impediments or obstacles as it is today.”

Link: http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/did-the-cia-spy-on-senate-investigators/

JDPriestly (42,883 posts)

8. When one agency in the US government spies on elected representatives of the people,

we have a constitutional crisis. The spying violates the principle of separation of powers which is fundamental to our Constitution and the structure of our government.

That spying destroys the concept of checks and balances and open government.

Does everyone know what the word "coup" means? When I read of something like this, I wonder whether we have already had one or whether one is just in the planning stages.

We should have an intelligence service that spies on foreign enemies. But it should not be allowed to do any spying at all of American citiznes on American soil without a specific warrant based on probable cause.

WillyT (52,596 posts)

10. + 1,000,000,000... What You Said !!! - And Thank You !!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024614936

And so it goes.

No, as fate would have it, I actually agree with the Proglodytes.

If the CIA is spying on congress and the Senate that is egregious and people need to go to jail.

But their outrage over the IRS doing the exact same thing to Americans engaged in political discourse has been very selective.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure their outrage over the CIA doing this is just as selective because their still nursing grudges over the CIA ruining their favorite South American tin pot commie dictatorships.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: THERE IS NO IRS SCANDAL! THE IRS IS JUST DOING ITS JOB!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:18:45 AM »
But their outrage over the IRS doing the exact same thing to Americans engaged in political discourse has been very selective.

This goes without saying because we all know it to be true, but same evidence with Republican president delaying liberal groups and the libs would be going nuts.

Hypocrites.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.