Author Topic: Favorite DU moment evah?  (Read 5641 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Favorite DU moment evah?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 02:44:54 PM »
sarcasmo (13,662 posts)   Mon Mar 3, 2014, 07:25 PM

142. Rec / Unrec

intheflow (24,415 posts)    Mon Mar 3, 2014, 10:28 PM

195. God, how I miss that unrec button!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 02:46:14 PM »
Whisp (22,257 posts)   Mon Mar 3, 2014, 07:42 PM

161. Karl Rove indicted!!!, I think that is one of my favourites.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »
alittlelark (15,322 posts)    Tue Mar 4, 2014, 03:17 AM

243. The way we all rallied to help Andy Stephenson.....

....we donated all we could for his treatment - and a nasty RWer froze the $$$ that could have saved him.

The # of ppl and the support that was offered was a beautiful thing to see....

Perhaps not my favorite, but a beautiful, salient moment for this site.

Hmmmm.

I wonder who the "nasty RWer" was, who did that dirty deed.

Anybody know?

By the way, Bill the Bostonian Drunkard's all over this very very very long thread, but I haven't yet found where he responds to any of the Fitzmas threads.  I wish he would.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »
Hell Hath No Fury (14,976 posts)    Tue Mar 4, 2014, 02:54 PM

272. When DU was loaded with real activists.*

A DUer would post a thread calling for action and would get an overwhelming response. People stepped up and participated regularly -- we even had a DU Activist Corps. DUers marched, protested, and tried to make things happen in the Real World of politics.

Today DU is mostly an unmoored shout-fest.

* :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »
Picking the finer moments of the DUmp is like picking out your favorite child or pet, or favorite parent.  So hard to do.

Probably Fitzmas, randomkoolzip and the cop jumping out of the bushes, 2004 election, Doug Bulna and the remote, Cindy Sheehan worship in the ditch....those are the highlights for me I suppose.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
Hell Hath No Fury (14,976 posts)    Tue Mar 4, 2014, 02:54 PM

272. When DU was loaded with real activists.

A DUer would post a thread calling for action and would get an overwhelming response. People stepped up and participated regularly -- we even had a DU Activist Corps. DUers marched, protested, and tried to make things happen in the Real World of politics.

Today DU is mostly an unmoored shout-fest.
Yeah! DUac! DUac!

Funny they never ever made the evening news.

Offline Karin

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 03:03:08 PM »
Why in the world does Scarletwoman, she of the very filthy mouth/keyboard have such raging hatred for LoZo and OMC?  Sounds a little obsessive. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 03:04:45 PM »
And then there's this:

<<<wonders why the cousin's in such a morose mood.

It's beginning to sink through her thick skull that she's lost two consecutive Top DUmmy awards to undeserving douchenozzles.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 03:06:58 PM »
     I think a dark horse (no offense, Michelle 0bama) in this discussion has to be the wishes of "healing white light" that no one offers anymore, along with the pictures of hands that someone demanded way back when.

"Healing white light," of course, was a substitute for prayer, which was anathema to a DUmmy in need.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »
Back around early 2006 LtD was running her mouth as usual putting down the troops George Bush you name it.  Well in her babbling she blurted out a deployment date for her hubby's unit (He was a major in the 4th ID at Ft. Hood) and well that deployment date wasn't announced to the public yet.

In addition to that there was a ton of links to her just shitting on the military in general GW specifically and what we were doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In addition I found several links where her hubby was using her screen name to post the same kind of garbage.  BIG no no.\

So I gathered up all those links...and sent them view email to MG J.D. Thurman and CSM Ronald Riley...the command team at 4th ID at the time.

MG Thurman thanked me (I still have the email) as did CSM Riley and they put me in touch with a LTC who worked in the head shed.  I repeated everything to him..explained what DU was and what they stood for.  HE thanked me again and said they'd take it form here and that they were setting up a dirty (outside the government network) internet line and a screen name at DU to directly monitor what that bitch (my word) was doing.

Couple days later she's going ballistic on DU about how she'd been "visited" by some high up folks at 4th ID about what she'd been saying on the internet and about how she'd released sensitive information (she denied doing it) and just kinda IIRC went off against the whole of the 4th ID.

Because we were talking bout it on (I think) CU at the time word got back to her from the lurkers that I'd done it.  And she called me out personally...calling me a fascist and stuff like that.

Last time I caught wind of her she and DistressedAmerican were hanging out on Rat's website and she'd moved back to Canada.

Good for you. Maybe it's too much to hope that she learned a lesson from it. Actually, couldn't she be prosecuted for releasing sensitive info?

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Re: Re: Favorite DU moment evah?
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 03:47:56 PM »
Good for you. Maybe it's too much to hope that she learned a lesson from it. Actually, couldn't she be prosecuted for releasing sensitive info?

She could have. But more than likely they'd have gone after her hubby.   I know shortly after this incident too she was also expressing a desire to go back to her native Canada.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline jukin

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
Late to the party but FITZMAS by hundred miles. The total destruction of a pompous, filthy mouthed, know nothing was priceless.

It gave us:

"Bank on it."
"24 business hours."

And of course all those drunken rants from the supposed child molester about how unfair Skin's island was.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
I have 2:

The pineapple juice story of UGP's and someone at our old home posted a list of all the "psychic" qualities of the reality based community. Many could read clouds, one in particular had a personal god that grabbed her pony tell and slapped her around. I loved reading those threads at DU.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Gern

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 04:40:54 PM »
 along with the pictures of hands that someone demanded way back when.

I favor the more obscure ones:

1.  Dopey DUers posting pictures of their hands, for whatever melodramatic reason, I can't remember, now.

2.  Some dolt starting a conspiracy theory thread about the Right Wing Tsunami Machine causing the Tsunami in the Pacific, and Skinner having to publicly apologize on Daily Kos or some other rag; reassuring the public that despite what it seems, DU is not full of nuts.

3.  The "White Chairs" conspiracy--again, my memory is hazy, but something about white chairs appearing mysteriously in some photograph as evidence of the great 9-11 coverup, or something

4.  The "We're Sorry" threads after Bush was elected for the 2nd time; never did I gloat so much at their angst and frustration.

5.  Walt Starr's Go Ahead And Ban Me

6.  Nighttrains' creepy lounge exploits

7.  The very first picture thread they put up, gawd did we have fun with that at CU, to the point where Skinner had to make it private to keep the primitives from revolting since we were mocking them so relentlessly.

8.  The very first DU Top Ten Idiots list on CU, posted by yours truly, and the ensuing brewhaha at CU.  Dozens of them registered to voice their indignation.  I was swatting DUers like flies...it contained long forgotten DUers such as Tinoire, Tom_Paine, Matcom, MoPaul, ChavezSpeaksTheTruth, and other dipshits of yesteryear.  Arguably, it launched the "Site That Will Not Be Named" decree from Skinner, since that rule was adopted at DU within a week or so thereafter.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:32:21 PM by Gern »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »
The DUmmie in a rage over cabbage.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2014, 04:47:07 PM »

Yeah, that's a good one!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »

Here is a link for y'all.

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)       
Mon Oct-09-06 08:24 PM
Original message
I'm SO SICK of Bush's Amerikkka

I went to buy a head of cabbage at the store today...and ended up choosing something else because I simply don't trust it.
Is there ANYTHING that turdburger hasn't ****ed up??
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Gern

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »
Here is a link for y'all.

WOW!  What a dopey thread--I obviously missed that one back in the day!

gumby  Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Mon Oct-09-06 10:59 PM
Response to Reply #20
23. Ever think about quality family time
when one of you is 'disappeared?'

It's amazing how one can go so quickly from tainted cabbage to mysterious abductions...

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2014, 09:13:58 PM »
I just remembered the time someone innocently asked if their were any US Senators or Reps posting at DU. From the responses it appeared that there were thousands. It was really funny to watch it slowly dawn on them that not everyone on DU was telling the truth.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:43 PM »
I just remembered the time someone innocently asked if their were any US Senators or Reps posting at DU. From the responses it appeared that there were thousands. It was really funny to watch it slowly dawn on them that not everyone on DU was telling the truth.

This is pretty obscure--in fact, it's probably less than obscure--but anyway, during the Scamdal, poor stupid Beth was whining and bawling about how one of her "bestest ever" friends had just been arrested; how unjust it was, and that proponents of open and honest fundraising had been behind it.

Poor stupid Beth went on and on, about how her "bestest friend" ever had been stalked by uniform-wearing "freepers" masquerading as law-enforcement agents.  This went on for a whole day, about how members of Scamdy were harassing poor stupid Beth's "bestest friend."

Yeah, right.

Near the end of the day, some anti-Andyite primitive (there were some of those, but none who wanted to be associated with Scamdy) posted the news story.  The real story was that some woman in Seattle, Washington, had been arrested for election fraud--she had a job where she could control the counting of votes; I forget all the other details, and don't know what happened after then.

The thread was about two miles long, most of if from before the news story being posted.

After the story was posted, in her final comment, totally forgetting all she'd said upthread, poor stupid Beth asked, "who is this person?  I never heard of her....."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:28:10 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 05:07:10 AM »
Sporked

My all time favorite!  It makes me laugh my ass off even now.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 08:17:23 AM »
My faves, in no particular order:

--"ALL YOUR SENATE ARE BELONG TO US"
--Fitzmas
--Pam and the episode of "Spooky and the Glock".  I still swear that cat grew thumbs, racked the slide, and blew its own brains out.
--Every single DUmmie that comes here, gets their head handed to them, then goes back and claims "victory" to their fellow DUmmies.  Uh, no.  Just no.
--My mole calling out Pittstain for plagiarism, and making it not only there, but into the DUmmie FUnnies.  (BTW--that mole still lives.)  STILL.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »
--"ALL YOUR SENATE ARE BELONG TO US"
I only heard about that one second-hand, but it was a great move.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 09:08:33 AM »
I only heard about that one second-hand, but it was a great move.

Yeah that was before I got to CU but I remember hearing about it over there.  IIRC SpeedAddiction tried to take credit for having done that one.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0