Author Topic: Amber is horny for an imaginary Indian  (Read 6539 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Amber is horny for an imaginary Indian
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »

It's a hard thing to do, but you got a two thumbs up from my husband for your story, Mr. Mannn.  He told me to high five you!    I'm trying to get him to join up here. 

Tell him Biersmythe is here and they can build a Pontiac thread!!!   :hyper:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Dori

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »
I sense an epic novel coming up... in about 24 hours or so...

Sounds just like the movie "Dances with Coyotes".
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »
It did happen but not as much.  PTSD wouldn't have been such a big thing after Vietnam except the media jumped on it to make another reason why we should never have gotten involved.  It's a crying shame nowadays because there are vets who come back with real issues and need real help but they can't get it because too many numbnuts are clogging up the system and making anyone claiming PTSD look like a slacker weak-minded fool.  Hopefully there will be a new diagnosis soon that specifically details combat situations as a prerequisite.

I agree with you 100% on this.  H5.

PTSD being used for bullshit like the primitives try to use it for only serves to dilute the real thing.  Although I was never in the military (not for lack of trying on my part), I get aggravated when PTSD is used for some little minor foible. 

Here is a question I do have- how, and to what extent are PTSD and shell shock related?  Or are they classified as different things entirely?     

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2013, 11:03:27 PM »
Got a sawbuck that says this is the injun she saw, and probably where she got the idea of sharing a saddle with 'im...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline longview

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »
Reservations tend to have a bunch of challenges.  U.S. government provided healthcare being one of them. They sure don't need a non-contributing, non-Indian moving in.

Hey, Amber!  As non-tribal, you don't get anything.  Correction.  Maybe some commodities.  You can learn how to make pork and rice soup, or pork and spaghetti noodle soup with canned corn thrown in.  Yum.  Melt some of that processed cheese in it.  Feed everyone else first, because YOU will be the hostess, I can guaran-damn-tee you that.

You can also kiss any electronics you have good bye.  Phones, notebooks/pads, laptop.  They will be going to the pawn shop.  Just a part of communal property that many live by out there.  That, and blood is way thicker than water.

You've gotten good advice over the past few days from people on this site.  Too bad you won't take it.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2013, 04:40:57 AM »
Kicked for Amber. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2013, 06:10:12 AM »
Life imitates art...

"How did  you know the Indian's name was Art?"
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2013, 06:47:43 AM »
No, she took her imaginary Indian out of the movies.  Long dark hair down his back, and ripped?  I don't tend to see that at the Mohawk rez. 

Bunch of drunks is the norm.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2013, 06:58:10 AM »
Stop it, Amber, you're killin' me!!

She's giving me flashbacks to the best, worst, funniest music video ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLK5ZOjWaXE

Booooooooooooo

Bass player uses a pick.  :mad:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2013, 07:49:56 AM »
I don't remember hearing any stories about WWII vets getting PTSD or becoming homeless vets. 

It happened but didn't have a fancy phycho-babble name attached to it. Combat fatigue or shell shocked was the terms used at the time.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2013, 08:14:57 AM »
I have never seen this girl but I did see the pic of the old guy Dave.  I am just finding it hard to believe that the new Indian is ripped and right out of a romance novel.  I mean just from past posts I just don't believe this.    Are there pics anywhere?  What does she look like?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline redwhit

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »

Here is a question I do have- how, and to what extent are PTSD and shell shock related?  Or are they classified as different things entirely?     

Shell shock and PTSD are the same thing - it's just gone through various names and symptomology since WWI in the various iterations of the DSM.  Right now I would argue it's being used too much as a catch-all and serious treatment doesn't often follow the diagnosis which is a crying shame.  There is good, solid, tested treatment out there but who the hell wants to ask for it if it means looking like a dummie?

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
Tell him Biersmythe is here and they can build a Pontiac thread!!!   :hyper:

I told him that, and that definitely got his attention.  I'll add in the Pontiac thread possibility tonight and see if that doesn't get him moving. 

:cheersmate:

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
Say there's a young girl, about age 12, who was home alone with her mom when her mom had a massive heart attack and died right there.  Would this episode qualify as possibly causing PTSD? 

Possibly.  But I've never used that as an excuse for any of my failures in life. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 12:53:30 PM »
One of the most amusing threads I've read in a while.  :rotf:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
Say there's a young girl, about age 12, who was home alone with her mom when her mom had a massive heart attack and died right there.  Would this episode qualify as possibly causing PTSD? 

Possibly.  But I've never used that as an excuse for any of my failures in life. 

They need another name for it to distinguish what soldiers get vs what white trash heathens get. When you watch your buddies get shredded by bullets, or when you're forced to machine gun an entire squadron of the enemy, that can cause PTSD. When your mother dies and your house smells like rotting food and meth smoke, that's just HTSD (Hard Times Stress Disorder).
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
One of the most amusing threads I've read in a while.  :rotf:
I wonder if that tornado had sharks in it. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »
sharknado!!!!!
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »

They need another name for it to distinguish what soldiers get vs what white trash heathens get. When you watch your buddies get shredded by bullets, or when you're forced to machine gun an entire squadron of the enemy, that can cause PTSD. When your mother dies and your house smells like rotting food and meth smoke, that's just HTSD (Hard Times Stress Disorder).

Are you calling me a white trash heathen?  LOL.   :panic: :panic:

What soldiers see in the line of duty must be truly horrifying to witness and relive, and the diagnosis of PTSD is warranted. 

I guess my point is that nearly every human being will witness something shocking, scary, and traumatic at some point in life.  If someone chooses to use that as a crutch for the rest of their life is up to them.  DUmmies seem to think that having a hangnail should qualify for a PTSD diagnosis. 

Also, if you notice, most people who have PTSD don't talk about it very much. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I think Amber just lost a spot at a shelter to someone who needs it
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »
When she was with her sisters her posts had some realistic detail.  Now, they all have a hazy dreamlike quality.  I'm going with the Coach on this, I think she has had a break with reality and probably needs institutionalization.

You know, we had a big tornado up here in northeastern Nebraska last Friday, about suppertime.

As an "E-4," I'm not sure it was as big as the one that hit Joplin, but I'm sure it was pretty big.  Its path was two miles wide, and it sheared off the entire eastern part of Wayne, Nebraska, and part of the southern part.  "Only" sixteen people were hurt, "only" one of them seriously, but one has to remember we aren't as crowded as southwestern Missouri.

By Saturday morning, even before anybody from state or federal agencies showed up, the people were already cleaning up, putting things back into order.

Now, I've never been through a tornado (I slept through one once, but that doesn't count), and of course it's undeniably a horrifying experience, probably enough to make someone crack, lose it (temporarily).

And here we got Amber alleging PTSD more than two years after she was in one.  It appears to me she's using it as an excuse to get mood-altering drugs, and as a scapegoat for her self-imposed problems.

The fact of the matter is, nature kills.  I'm sure that dutch508, longview, and Skul can back me up on this; living, or having once lived, in the Sandhills of Nebraska, we're fully aware of how hostile nature can be to us, at times.  I'm sure that they, and I, have at various times been "almost killed" by one force or another of raw nature.

But we don't take it personally; it's the nature of nature, nothing can be done about it, and so one just gets by best one can.

It's different with combat duty.  Nature is pretty indiscrimate about who it kills, but in combat, a specific human being is seeking to kill another specific human being.  A human killing another human violates all of our standards of decency and civilization (although it's sometimes necessary, in fact imperative, if one wishes to survive).

And so I can see, easily, someone doing combat duty, getting PTSD.

Amber was never in combat duty, never in a situation where her life was threatened by another person.  Amber merely encountered nature during one of its more-convulsive moments, and nature wasn't going after Amber specifically.

If this is a demontration of her strength of character, Amber might as well lie down and die, and humanity would be the no worse off.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
Amber might as well lie down and die, and humanity would be the no worse off.

You're underestimating the value of a democrat deadbeat's death.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »

Yeah, on second thought, you're probably right.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »

Worthless until the Dead DUmmy forum is active.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
Worthless until the Dead DUmmy forum is active.

If my fellow alum Skins doesn't hurry up and do that, we might start one here, in the DUmping Ground, to remember now-departed primitives.
apres moi, le deluge