Author Topic: International homicide rates, etc.  (Read 8335 times)

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
International homicide rates, etc.
« on: April 15, 2013, 12:38:47 AM »
My point was the US has the highest homicide rate in the industrialized world, 1st work,  whatever you want to call it.  These statistics show as much.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
You'll need to sort that chart by rate, which it enables you to do.

A number of countries in the Global South have higher homicide rates, but none in Europe or other Ist world nations.  Russia's rate is higher.  It will amaze you to see all the nations lower than us, including Yemen, Libya, and India. 

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: International homicide rates, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 12:47:54 AM »
If I wanted to mole, I wouldn't have used my DU name.  I wanted to confront you directly, so I did.  As. For asking nicely, before I came you had done nothing but insult me and then increased 100 fold the level of vulgarity once I posted.  Why you expect someone to be nice to you when you behave like degenerates is astounding. You justify abusing people because they exercise their democratic rights to free speech and vote differently from you?  It doesn't appear to me that most of you have any respect for democracy, the founding principles of our nation, and even yourselves.  Nothing I have said approaches the crass and vulgar comments you have directed at me. 

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 12:53:01 AM »
Homicide rates per state, gun homicides per state for 2010. Like the other chart, this one is sortable.  It does not cover all gun deaths, accidents in particular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
If I wanted to mole, I wouldn't have used my DU name.  I wanted to confront you directly, so I did.  As. For asking nicely, before I came you had done nothing but insult me and then increased 100 fold the level of vulgarity once I posted.  Why you expect someone to be nice to you when you behave like degenerates is astounding. You justify abusing people because they exercise their democratic rights to free speech and vote differently from you?  It doesn't appear to me that most of you have any respect for democracy, the founding principles of our nation, and even yourselves.  Nothing I have said approaches the crass and vulgar comments you have directed at me.  

By the way the irony in your post is so thick you can cut it with a knife. You come from DU and complain about the way we've treated you for being liberal but come from a website that does the same 10 fold to those that do not go along with the hive mind that is DU. Hypocrisy, thy name is Bainsbane.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:38:40 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »
Families.   The interesting thing about children born out of wedlock and divorce, both are higher in rural areas (red) than cities (blue).  So your beliefs and action don't correspond.

As for obfuscation, I can't answer someone's question when I don't even know what she means.  If she believes specific municipal policies have led to high murder rates in S Chicago, she should specify which ones she means.  She hasn't even said what she means by ideology.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 01:02:14 AM »
Families.   The interesting thing about children born out of wedlock and divorce, both are higher in rural areas (red) than cities (blue).  So your beliefs and action don't correspond.

As for obfuscation, I can't answer someone's question when I don't even know what she means.  If she believes specific municipal policies have led to high murder rates in S Chicago, she should specify which ones she means.  She hasn't even said what she means by ideology.

You still here? Don't you have a cult meeting to go to?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline sybilll

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 01:02:49 AM »
THIS disclosure at the very beginning of that utterly laughable Wiki page strips it of any validity whatsoever:

List of countries by intentional homicide rate per year per 100,000 inhabitants. The reliability of underlying national murder rate data may vary.[1] The legal definition of "intentional homicide" differs among countries. Intentional homicide may or may not include infanticide, assisted suicide or euthanasia.[2]

Intentional homicide demographics are affected by changes in trauma care, leading to changed lethality of violent assaults, so the intentional homicide rate may not necessarily indicate the overall level of societal violence.[3] They may also be underreported for political reasons.[4][5] Another problem for the comparability of the following figures is that some data may include attempts. In general the values in these lists should not include attempts except when mentioned otherwise.

Honest question. Do you DUmmies realize that anyone can, and does edit Wiki, and it is about as reliable as your astrology forecast?

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 01:03:54 AM »

Interesting since so many here have been talking about me.   If that's true and you really don't care, none of you will talk about me ever again because no one talks about people who don't interest them.  

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 01:05:05 AM »
THIS disclosure at the very beginning of that utterly laughable Wiki page strips it of any validity whatsoever:

List of countries by intentional homicide rate per year per 100,000 inhabitants. The reliability of underlying national murder rate data may vary.[1] The legal definition of "intentional homicide" differs among countries. Intentional homicide may or may not include infanticide, assisted suicide or euthanasia.[2]

Intentional homicide demographics are affected by changes in trauma care, leading to changed lethality of violent assaults, so the intentional homicide rate may not necessarily indicate the overall level of societal violence.[3] They may also be underreported for political reasons.[4][5] Another problem for the comparability of the following figures is that some data may include attempts. In general the values in these lists should not include attempts except when mentioned otherwise.

Honest question. Do you DUmmies realize that anyone can, and does edit Wiki, and it is about as reliable as your astrology forecast?

Find a more reliable source and post it then.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 01:07:28 AM »
Interesting since so many here have been talking about me.   If that's true and you really don't care, none of you will talk about me ever again because no one talks about people who don't interest them.  

It's because of the absolute stupidity you bring here and the entertainment value it provides. It's really no surprise since you're a DUmbass and as we know you DUmbasses are about a sharp as a bowling ball and dumber than a bag of rocks when it comes to the real world.

And just be glad you weren't banned outright for being a liberal like they do to anyone who doesn't follow the hive mind like they do where you came from.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:34:19 AM by Zathras »

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 01:08:17 AM »

Find a more reliable source and post it then.

You're the one posting the info....don't expect us to do your work for you.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 01:13:52 AM »
My point was the US has the highest homicide rate in the industrialized world, 1st work,  whatever you want to call it.  These statistics show as much.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
You'll need to sort that chart by rate, which it enables you to do.

A number of countries in the Global South have higher homicide rates, but none in Europe or other Ist world nations.  Russia's rate is higher.  It will amaze you to see all the nations lower than us, including Yemen, Libya, and India. 

Good. If only we could eliminate liberals, low IQ voters and wiggers. Gang bangers killing sprokets. Hang out in the hood and somebody is going to shoot your dumb ass.  :bawl: 

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:51 AM »
You're the one posting the info....don't expect us to do your work for you.

I posted information.  You want to deny it because you don't like what you see.  I don't like it either.  The solution is to try to change the situation rather than denying reality.  The number one reason the US has such a high homicide rate is gun proliferation.  It is possible to do something about that while still protecting 2nd amendment rights.  Tell your representatives to quit rolling over for the gun lobby and put human life above profits by backing some common sense measures designed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. 

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 01:41:05 AM »
It's because of the absolute stupidity you bring here and the entertainment value it provides. It's really no surprise since you're a DUmbass and as we know you DUmbasses are about a sharp as a bowling ball and dumber than a bag of rocks when it comes to the real world.

And just be glad you weren't banned outright for being a liberal like they do to anyone who doesn't follow the hive mind like they do where you came from.

Because someone exercises their Democratic rights and holds an opinion that differs from yours, you call them a dumbass.  That doesn't say much for your own intellectual abilities.  I miss conservatives like William F Buckley who could engage in thoughtful discussion, was well read, had a keen mind, and didn't insult people who disagreed with him. 

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 01:42:02 AM »
Good. If only we could eliminate liberals, low IQ voters and wiggers. Gang bangers killing sprokets. Hang out in the hood and somebody is going to shoot your dumb ass.  :bawl: 

Low IQ voters?  You really want to go there? 

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 01:43:10 AM »
I posted information.  You want to deny it because you don't like what you see.  I don't like it either.  The solution is to try to change the situation rather than denying reality.  The number one reason the US has such a high homicide rate is gun proliferation.  It is possible to do something about that while still protecting 2nd amendment rights.  Tell your representatives to quit rolling over for the gun lobby and put human life above profits by backing some common sense measures designed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. 

Heh heh, my representatives in DC are all Dems DUmbass and the only thing they care about is their own power, nothing more. They don't give a damn about me DUmbass nor do yours care about you, no matter what you think.

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 01:45:10 AM »

Funny you should mention the hood because some of the states with the highest homicide rates are in the South.
It's unfortunate you're more concerned with stereotype than facts.  

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 01:46:17 AM »
Heh heh, my representatives in DC are all Dems DUmbass and the only thing they care about is their own power, nothing more. They don't give a damn about me DUmbass nor do yours care about you, no matter what you think.

And you think Republicans are different? What do you do in DC?

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:18 AM »

In terms of power, you know your federal representative has none, right? 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 01:49:48 AM »
Low IQ voters?  You really want to go there? 

Sounds like the shoe fits in your case. You have been informed previously, quoting questionable sources like wikipedia is a sure fire indication of low intelligence. English must not be your first language.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 01:50:43 AM »
Because someone exercises their Democratic rights and holds an opinion that differs from yours, you call them a dumbass.  That doesn't say much for your own intellectual abilities.

What does it say about your intellectual abilities when you come from a website that does the exact same thing and then bitch about us doing the same thing as that nest of oxygen thieves that you call comrade does. Hypocrisy, thy name is Bainsbane.

Oh and DUmbass comes from Democrat Underground message board and the symbol of your political party, an ass...DUmbass, get it?

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 01:54:19 AM »
MN Education.  Republican Gov Tim Pawlenty single handed destroyed MN's education rankings.  For the last year he determined the state budget entirely by himself, but long before then he had decimated education.  He took millions from the schools as part of a shell game to pretend he had balanced the budget.  The state is gradually paying back the money Pawlenty took.  Lesson:  Republican governor's who have an eye on the Presidency are terrible.  He treated the state as a pawn in his game to please the national GOP, and the only way thar us possible is to screw over Americans.  He ruined education and made it so that the wealthy actually pay a lower percentage in taxes than the middle class.  

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 01:57:31 AM »
In terms of power, you know your federal representative has none, right? 

Keep thinking that DUmbass...whatever keeps you warm at night.  Who makes the laws? Who votes in taxes on the people? Not you or me DUmbass. It's our representatives who have that power, not little old you and me and they don't give a damn about us until it comes time to vote. Then they come promising the moon and the stars to the low information voters and, once they have bought their vote with shiny beads and trinkets, ignore the people that put them in power yet again.

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
Sounds like the shoe fits in your case. You have been informed previously, quoting questionable sources like wikipedia is a sure fire indication of low intelligence. English must not be your first language.

You people love to attack sources but rarely have any of your own.  Look at exit polls from 2008 and 2012.  Those with advanced degrees overwhelmingly vote Democratic.  Over 90% of scientists are Democrats.  Polls show Republicans, in general, lack basic knowledge of the most basic science.  The problem is you only believe what suits your preconceived ideas and refuse to consider ant other information.  Wikipedia compiles information and says where their data come from. Those charts give the original sources.  You can easily check them out yourselves.  The lazy I don't like your source comment shows you have nothing to contribute.

Offline Bainsbane

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 02:00:52 AM »
Keep thinking that DUmbass...whatever keeps you warm at night.  Who makes the laws? Who votes in taxes on the people? Not you or me DUmbass. It's our representatives who have that power, not little old you and me and they don't give a damn about us until it comes time to vote. Then they come promising the moon and the stars to the low information voters and, once they have bought their vote with shiny beads and trinkets, ignore the people that put them in power yet again.

Are you telling me that you didn't even know than DC doesn't get a vote in the House or Senate?