Author Topic: Gloria Allred's October Surprise is About to Break Against Romney  (Read 11854 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
louis c (4,342 posts)

Gloria Allred's October Surprise is About to Break Against Romney

Last edited Sun Oct 21, 2012, 10:59 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

This is the speculation of all speculation. I read it today in the Boston Herald, without any explanation.

I haven't seen it here at DU just yet, so if it's a dupe, I apologize.

If this is the first post on the subject, here it is.

Link;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220526/Republicans-bracing-October-surprise-Gloria-Allred-prepares-Romney-revelation.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021592822

If this is what I think it is, it will prove my theory that it was in fact the democrats who ruined Herman Cain's campaign.
Only this time no thinking person will believe for a moment that Mitt Romney was sexually harassing binders full of women.

The left is desperate and will stoop to new lows, even for them, the next 2 weeks.

Another thread on this,

Segami (4,533 posts)

REPUBS FREAKING OUT: Gloria Allred’s Rumored “OCTOBER SURPRISE” Though She Won’t Confirm Or Deny

Gee, I never thought Gloria Allred would interject herself in the presidential election, but she is rumored to have an “October Surprise” that will probably call a press conference to slam Mitt Romney with some “epic” revelation. A disgruntled maid or handyman? Or a mistress? Allred is rumored to be preparing to reveal some secret or scandal to torpedo Mitt Romney’s chances at winning the election. You will recall Gloria Allred torpedoed Meg Whitman’s chances for winning the gubernatorial election in California when she represented a disgruntled former housekeeper, Nicky Diaz, who was an illegal immigrant. Needless to say, Whitman lost the election to Jerry Brown, a Democrat. Ms. Allred won’t confirm or deny the rumors involving Mitt Romney, nonetheless, some Republicans are scared. LOL.

The Republicans are going nuts over this rumor, starting with Matt Drudge, who tweeted on Thursday that this was coming:

Here she comes. Hearing Gloria Allred out there again, about to make a move. After all, it’s her time of the campaign. Team O at the ready!!

— MATT DRUDGE (@DRUDGE) October 18, 2012

Conservative blog, The Red Side of Life, is freaking out, saying Gloria Allred took down Herman Cain and could do the same thing with Mitt Romney. But wait, has Gloria Allred even said she has evidence against Mitt Romney? No. Why don’t we wait to hear from her on that first? If ever on this subject. Gloria Allred has them quaking in their boots because she usually wins at the PR game, doesn’t she? This will be interesting to watch. Why are they freaking out? It’s interesting to watch the Republicans scramble over a rumor.

This was cross-posted from The Hinterland Gazette.

http://hinterlandgazette.com/2012/10/obama-supporter-gloria-allred-preparing-october-surprise-revelation-mitt-romney-secret-scandal.html

http://themoderatevoice.com/164813/republicans-freaking-out-over-gloria-allreds-rumored-october-surprise-though-she-wont-comment/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021592589

JaneyVee (900 posts)
7. I hope its something DEVASTATING to make up for the abject failure of the media this election cycle

Last edited Sun Oct 21, 2012, 10:30 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

I never saw a candidate so coddled by the media before in my life. Here is a man who dodged the draft, outsourced U.S. jobs, evades U.S. taxes, won't release his tax returns, banks offshore, invests in communist countries, destroyed hard drives, took his state from 36th-47th, hates half the country, and on TOP OF THAT; has no specifics or details on anything and his tax plan has been debunked every which way.

Media? Silent. Except when they're propping him up for a horse race. Mitt Romney is a fraud, a CON MAN.

Wow such delusion, the media has gone as far as to help Biden and 0bama during the debates, yet somehow they are in Romney's pocket?

As delusional as that was wait till you see this,

rbrnmw (1,473 posts)
20. GWB was coddled nt

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Fla Dem (2,615 posts)
16. Someone on DU keeps saying something "BIG" is going to be revealed. Who is it?

Only 2 weeks to election day. If you're going to leak something "BIG" let's get it out there. Many states are well into early voting. Waiting much longer might not have the effect hoped for.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
Response to Fla Dem (Reply #16)Sun Oct 21, 2012, 10:46 AM
 justiceischeap (7,939 posts)
19. Omaha Steve I believe. Doubt this is it though.

He intimated it wouldn't hit the MSM.

Poor DUmmies in 24 business hours a bomb shell will be exposed totally toasting the repukes.  :rotf:

JHB (16,569 posts)
26. Is there anything, or are the Rs just freaking at a rumor of one...

...and the rumor is being given credence thanks to all the other bombs Romney has dropped on himself.

Clearly, they acknowledge that the Romney campaign has done a poor job of vetting their candidate, and so they take an Allred rumor seriously, even if it was started by someone on their own side fretting out loud and someone else took it seriously.

I swear they listen to what we on the right say about 0bama then take those words and change out 0bama for Romney. The difference is, when we say it about 0bama it is the truth.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Re: Gloria Allred's October Surprise is About to Break Against Romney
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
And what is this "rumor" all about........
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220526/Republicans-bracing-October-surprise-Gloria-Allred-prepares-Romney-revelation.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
(snip)

The pro-President Obama lawyer is rumoured to be preparing for her so-called 'October surprise'...

(snip)

Ms Allred has refused to comment on the rumours,...

(snip)

Ms Allred refused to confirm or deny the rumours regarding Governor Romney.

(snip)

"The media will 'eat up' anything she feeds them and turn it into an endless scandal. Recall she took down Cain and RINO Whitman with NO EVIDENCE. We're doing too well to risk 'an Allred."

(snip)

Comments (267)

(snip)

Well, well, well ms. allred. How about if I release a little "October Surprise" concerning you: Let's bring to light the fact that you are in a secret same sex relationship. Why are you keeping this such a secret if you are such a proud defender of women's rights??? Why aren't you standing up proudly for women who are in same sex relationships ??? Oh how I wish you would have to answer for Your behavior toward others. Next time, ms. allred, you would be wise not to forget the old adage: "It takes one to Expose one"

(snip)

While Allred is a shill who has zero credibility and will do or say anything to get attention, there are enough brainless Barry Zero lovers in this country who will believe anything she says. More dangerous is the ultra-left biased media. Never mind "truth" or "facts," they are so desperate right now that they will print anything to save their messiah, Barry Zero.

(snip)

So! Is there any "there" there? Or is it just introducing some unsubstantiated manufactured "rumor" too late in a political campaign to be rebutted? Methinks just another act of progressive desperation.

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Undies

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 11:00:51 AM »
They are missing the "I'm sick of this phony crap" syndrome currently sweeping the nation.  No "October Surprise" is going to swing the shell-shocked populous back into the arms of the Muslim Ass-in-Chief.

Gloria Allred is about as popular and believable as a Manson follower.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »
I would love to see her expose Owith his male lovers complete with pictures and statements to back it up. Along with statements that the wookie sits back watches and instructs them on what and how to do it.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
If she has anything, she will wait till after this last debate so it can't be thrown into Obama's face.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »
From the comments section of the Daily Mail :lmao:

Anyone who believes Allred or the Ayatollah are ignorant and gullible..........

What did she find? A spurned high school crush? LOL..

Obama doesn't have skeletons in his closets? Obama has to rent warehouses (with the help of the American press) for his skeletons.

Well, well, well ms. allred. How about if I release a little "October Surprise" concerning you: Let's bring to light the fact that you are in a secret same sex relationship. Why are you keeping this such a secret if you are such a proud defender of women's rights??? Why aren't you standing up proudly for women who are in same sex relationships ??? Oh how I wish you would have to answer for Your behavior toward others. Next time, ms. allred, you would be wise not to forget the old adage: "It takes one to Expose one"

To be fair, she should dig up dirt on both Romney and Obama. But that will never happen.....Obama is the chosen one who can do no wrong.

There is no surprise. Romney has run before & believe me they would have used it if they had anything. I read it is more "women's" issues. Problem is that democrats think all women care about is getting laid. We also care about the economy. The economy is & always has been more important to me & women I know. It infuriates me they want to tax me to death. That's what I am listening to

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
"Romney was once in an elevator with 2 nuns, a new born child, and a blind puppy when he released a silent fart that permeated through the small enclosure."

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »
I don't think she has anything. If she did, she would have released it by now. Two weeks outside the election isn't going to help any. Either way, she is a publicity hound who needs to be shut up. The only stations that take her crap as real is the MSM and MSNBC.

Frankly, she is a skank to the highest regard.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
Members of the Democrat Party who post at democraticunderground don't get it at all, they think Obama won the 1st and 2nd debate, they scream up and down yelling yipee, then they don't get a bump in the polls and they think there's something wrong with us. This isn't what Americans care about, they care about unemployment, spending, gas prices being high which in-turn has caused food prices and everything else to skyrocket. Start using some common sense, most Americans will see this for what it is, and they're not going to give a damn about it. :bird:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »
Members of the Democrat Party who post at democraticunderground don't get it at all, they think Obama won the 1st and 2nd debate, they scream up and down yelling yipee, then they don't get a bump in the polls and they think there's something wrong with us. This isn't what Americans care about, they care about unemployment, spending, gas prices being high which in-turn has caused food prices and everything else to skyrocket. Start using some common sense, most Americans will see this for what it is, and they're not going to give a damn about it. :bird:

IF the members of the Democrat Party who post at democraticunderground really thought Obama won either debate and was winning there wouldn't be bindergate or the need to delude themselves with an Allred October Surprise.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
IF the members of the Democrat Party who post at democraticunderground really thought Obama won either debate and was winning there wouldn't be bindergate or the need to delude themselves with an Allred October Surprise.

I don't think the members of the Democrat party who post at democraticunderground get that at all.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
JaneyVee (900 posts)
7. I hope its something DEVASTATING to make up for the abject failure of the media this election cycle

Last edited Sun Oct 21, 2012, 10:30 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

I never saw a candidate so coddled by the media before in my life. Here is a man who dodged the draft, outsourced U.S. jobs, evades U.S. taxes, won't release his tax returns, banks offshore, invests in communist countries, destroyed hard drives, took his state from 36th-47th, hates half the country, and on TOP OF THAT; has no specifics or details on anything and his tax plan has been debunked every which way.

Media? Silent. Except when they're propping him up for a horse race. Mitt Romney is a fraud, a CON MAN.

Un-believable.  If I was unfamiliar with the cesspool, I would not believe any cognizant human capable of uttering this.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 12:52:49 PM »
I don't think she has anything. If she did, she would have released it by now. Two weeks outside the election isn't going to help any. Either way, she is a publicity hound who needs to be shut up. The only stations that take her crap as real is the MSM and MSNBC.

Frankly, she is a skank to the highest regard.

It worked on Herman Cain, so they figure it will work on Romney.  I almost think that the allegation will be against Ryan.  Romney has been vetted so many times for higher office, anything would have come out long ago.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
It worked on Herman Cain, so they figure it will work on Romney.  I almost think that the allegation will be against Ryan.  Romney has been vetted so many times for higher office, anything would have come out long ago.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well.  Also, BEG--I gave you an H5 for your comment upthread. :-*
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »
If nobody has seen it yet, via Breitbart:

Speculation has surrounded a story published last week by the left-wing website AlterNet, purporting to tell the story of women who claimed Mitt Romney advised them in the 1980s, in his capacity as a church leader, against having abortions.

ZOMG!!!1111!  He's pro-LIFE!!  RMoney is TOAST eleventy!!!11!!11   Oh, the ....(ironic) humanity......

Did Allred give the October Surprise away?

At the end of the article:

It is a good thing the general public has long since stopped paying attention.

Pretty much.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:56:34 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »

Just because the skank brought one down, doesn't mean she will bring another down. Romney won't put up with her crap. She brings anything up, you can guarantee the he will pounce like he has with all of obama's false bs about him.

If nobody has seen it yet, via Breitbart:

ZOMG!!!1111!   He's pro-LIFE!!  RMoney is TOAST eleventy!!!11!!11   Oh, the ....(ironic) humanity......

Did Allred give the October Surprise away?

At the end of the article:

Pretty much.

They will try to spin this around his stance that he is for abortions only in cases of rape, incest, or if the mothers life is in danger. It won't work though. Everyone knows that he is Pro-Life. And these people she is paying off to fabricate their story will be chewed to bits.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »
Some woman who worked at Baine Capitol after RMoney left the company got her ass pinched, or something. Gruel for the low-info DUmmie voter.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Wow anything to win . That kind of desperate needs to be turned loose on the Italian Navy.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »
I suspect Gorilla All-red's October Surprise will share the same qualities as the breasts of the majority of her clients:

fake and overblown
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »
 "Gloria Allred an embarrassment to lawyers, women, the state of CA. and all of humanity."

That sums it up...
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline sybilll

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »
I think Gateway Pundit has the story, though Drudge will probably have a link by morning.  Mitt, as aa Bishop, 29 years ago, counseled a woman against getting an abortion, even though she had a blood clot: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/it-looks-like-weve-discovered-gloria-allreds-romney-bashing-october-surprise/

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
Yeah, Gloria doesn't have any ulterior motives.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 11:55:30 PM »
Yeah, Gloria doesn't have any ulterior motives.

This picture should be part of the GOP's official response to any rumor she tries to start. They should also complain to the FEC about her actions being the equivalent to an in-kind campaign donation.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 03:00:11 AM »

There was a little more to it with Herman Cain. He actually was planning on staying in the race. Both his wife & Dr. Alveda King supported him. I think his grandchildren received death threats. None of those women were credible. He had a damn good take no prisoners lawyer. Gloria wouldn't have stood a chance (wish he would've counter sued her and those women anyway).

Romney's got a lot more experience than Cain...this isn't his first rodeo. He's dealt with petty little bitches like Allred before. Kinda goes with the territory whether in business or politics.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 05:31:25 AM »
Omaha Steve and grantcart must be advising Allred.  Romey's toast now!!!!