Author Topic: DU you know 3.0  (Read 7355 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

Re: DU you know 3.0
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
Governor Walker was in Springfield , Illinois today.  The unions had their stooges there to give him a warm welcome.  Go figure, a governor from a state that is getting it's budget in order gets a protest in a state that is rapidly failing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
Governor Walker was in Springfield , Illinois today. The unions had their stooges there to give him a warm welcome.  Go figure, a governor from a state that is getting it's budget in order gets a protest in a state that is rapidly failing.

Walker is doing an awesome job.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »
From Wisconsin:

Daily Kos Poll

Poll: Scott Walker Opens Up Lead on Opponents

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/296205/poll-scott-walker-opens-lead-opponents-christian-schneider

Elections officials vote to allow fake Dems on recall ballots

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/on-politics/on-politics-elections-officials-vote-to-allow-fake-dems-on/article_628cf486-8898-11e1-a133-0019bb2963f4.html

From Arizona:

BREAKING: Federal Appeals Court Upholds Most of Arizona Voter ID Law

http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2012/04/17/breaking-federal-appeals-court-upholds-most-of-arizona-voter-id-law/

March was a great month and April is looking to top that!!

Romney up 5 points over 0bama:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/150743/Obama-Romney.aspx

DUmmy tears are so sweet.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »
 :panic: DUmmies  :-)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
March was a great month and April is looking to top that!!

Romney up 5 points over 0bama:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/150743/Obama-Romney.aspx

DUmmy tears are so sweet.

Ah'm pretty sure my Faithful Labrador could run against O'Bummer and beat him in a landslide! If the media was even half honest, I'd bet Romney is ahead by 20!

Have ya ever seen their sampling rate? I haven't seen a single one that wasn't Lib leaning in order to pad the poll!

They still think the American people are stooooopid! They sure seem to forget there is alternate media nowadays.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »
Gallup poll: LINK

Romney 48%
Obama 43%

:rofl:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
LINK

GOP SENATORS TAKE OBAMA TO COURT OVER NLRB APPOINTMENTS CRAMDOWN

Today, Senate Republicans hired Miguel Estrada, the 2002 judicial nominee for the DC Circuit Court of Appeals filibustered by Senate Democrats, to press a lawsuit against the Obama administration. The lawsuit itself is based on President Obama’s non-recess “recess appointment” of political allies to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), which oversees management-union relations; it was originally filed by Noel Canning, a soft-drink business owner who sued the NLRB over its ruling that the company had to work with a labor union.

**snip**

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 09:23:30 PM »
Governor Walker was in Springfield , Illinois today. 
Illinois had to borrow a governor. Theirs are all in prison.

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 12:21:29 AM »

:rofl:

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 05:31:51 AM »

Illinois needs to recall their community organizer from Washington, DC.

http://www.electstevedawes.com
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
http://www.city-journal.org/2012/22_2_snd-wisconsin.html

Steven Malanga

Illinois Shows What Not to Do

Wise Wisconsin isn’t imitating its spendthrift neighbor.

In January 2011, facing a forbidding budget deficit and a backlog of unpaid bills, Illinois officials decided that a massive tax increase would lay the groundwork for the state’s recovery. As Barbara Flynn Currie, the majority leader in the state house of representatives, said at the time, the nearly $7 billion in new revenues would allow Illinois to “pay our old bills and deal with the structural deficit.” The taxes passed with little controversy. Several weeks later, Wisconsin governor Scott Walker proposed fixing state and local fiscal problems by narrowing public-sector workers’ collective bargaining rights and requiring them to contribute more to their pension and health-care benefits. His reforms, which took months to become law, provoked an occupation of the capitol and set off a national debate.

Little more than a year has passed, and Illinois is right back where it started: the state’s unpaid bills now top $9 billion. Meantime, Wisconsin’s state and local governments have made substantial strides toward long-term budget stability. The different fiscal outlooks of the neighboring states illustrate a crucial fact in today’s budget wars: you can’t tax your way to a better future. That’s because the promises made by previous generations of politicians to public employees and special interests have become, as one northeastern mayor colorfully put it, the “Pac-Man” of budgets, gobbling up revenues faster than governments can raise them.

Illinois has emerged as a poster child for fiscal irresponsibility. With its legislature beholden to public-sector unions, Illinois has long avoided financing state workers’ pensions out of its own budget. Instead, the state skips its contributions into retirement funds in some years and borrows money to finance the pensions in others. Since 2003, Illinois has floated more than $15 billion in pension-obligation bonds rather than pay for workers’ benefits out of its annual budget. Even with the borrowing, Illinois has one of the worst-funded pension systems in the country. One study estimates that the system could run out of money by the end of the decade.

-Continued at the link-

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »
http://www.city-journal.org/2012/22_2_snd-wisconsin.html

Steven Malanga

Illinois Shows What Not to Do

Wise Wisconsin isn’t imitating its spendthrift neighbor.

Thank you.  Just posted that to Facebook. :)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »
Thank you.  Just posted that to Facebook. :)

It's awesome, isn't it?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »
It's awesome, isn't it?

Yes it is.  Many of my Facebook friends are here in Illinois.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
Yes it is.  Many of my Facebook friends are here in Illinois.

Are they mostly Democrats?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »
Are they mostly Democrats?

A few are, but most of the ultra liberals have already defriended me.  :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 08:09:06 PM »
LINLEY

The Ugly Details Of The North Carolina Dems' Gay Sexual Harassment Complaint

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 08:18:45 PM »
Congratulations to Juan Williams son who was named 1 of the 10 Black Republicans You Should Know:

RAPHAEL “RAFFI” WILLIAMS

Williams is one of the smartest young guys coming up in the Republican Party. A recent graduate of Haverford College in Pennsylvania, He is currently Communications Director at Benishek for Congress. He left a position of Staff Assistant for the House Rules Committee to go on the campaign trail. Within 10-15 years, I expect him to manage a Republican presidential campaign. Williams will definitely be a “go to” political operative within the next couple of years.

Here's the list of the others listed:

http://www.blackenterprise.com/2012/04/17/10-black-republicans-you-probably-don%E2%80%99t-know-but-should/

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
Congratulations to Juan Williams son who was named 1 of the 10 Black Republicans You Should Know:

RAPHAEL “RAFFI” WILLIAMS

http://www.blackenterprise.com/2012/04/17/10-black-republicans-you-probably-don%E2%80%99t-know-but-should/
Wow! Now we know the real reason Juan was fired by NPR.

“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »

RAPHAEL “RAFFI” WILLIAMS

I like Juan Williams. I think he is going to come to the dark side soon.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:59:30 PM »

:racist:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
Years ago, I was raging at the stupidity of Juan when someone, I think on FR, told me that Juan isn't as liberal as he appears on TV and that he is good friends with Justice Thomas.

I don't have any proof but I tend to believe it.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
Oh my! just doing a little research about Raffi, it looks like his Brother is a Republican too, and I found this article on Juan's wife, the story is old but amazing, here's some interesting snippets:

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/juanwilliams-delise-npr-fox/2011/07/20/id/404258

Juan Williams’ Wife: NPR Liberals Are Hypocrites

Delise Williams, the wife of Fox News contributor Juan Williams, tells Newsmax that “so-called liberals” at NPR treated her — a light-skinned African-American — as if she didn’t exist.

“The NPR people were hypocrites because they are supposed to be the liberals who are accepting of all kinds of people and inclusive, and they were the most exclusive group in my experience of going to events related to work that I have ever seen,” says Delise, a former social worker who is the daughter of a doctor.

In the meantime, Delise says that she and Juan were the only blacks at NPR parties, a point confirmed by Juan. In general, both say, African-Americans were found only in low level jobs such as security guards.

But because she felt NPR personnel treated her like a second-class citizen, she says she stopped going to NPR social gatherings.

In contrast to NPR, “Even though politically I’m on the other side, the Fox people, included me much more in the interactions and in the gatherings, and I never felt like I was on the outside,” Delise says.

“The Fox gatherings are much diverse,” she says. “They have both African-American and whites. It’s great because when I sometimes go down to Fox and wait for Juan in the green room, they all speak to me as if they know me and are very friendly. I feel very comfortable there. With the NPR people, I did not feel comfortable.”

Fox News has never told Juan what he could or could not say, she says. In contrast, NPR constantly criticized him when he expressed views that diverged from what they thought a black man should think, Delise says.

NPR consists of “pseudo-liberals,” Delise says. “I think liberal means being tolerant. You may have a certain set of beliefs, but you do not reject someone who may have a different set of beliefs or who looks different.”

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 09:09:39 PM »
Years ago, I was raging at the stupidity of Juan when someone, I think on FR, told me that Juan isn't as liberal as he appears on TV and that he is good friends with Justice Thomas.

I don't have any proof but I tend to believe it.

I read Juans columns years ago in either the NY Daily News or NY Post, I forget which 1 he wrote for, this was early on though, and I disagreed with him a lot but I liked him for some reason. BTW Juan defended Clarence Thomas during the Anita Hill lie.