Author Topic: DU you know 3.0  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: DU you know 3.0
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
I like Juan Williams. I think he is going to come to the dark side soon.

Here are some Tweets to him :lmao:

@TheJuanWilliams ur great Juan...when r u converting???

@TheJuanWilliams @RaffiWilliams That should open your eyes of who is seeing what the truth is in your house...good for him

@TheJuanWilliams @raffiwilliams Juan our tent is big enough for you too!

@TheJuanWilliams @RaffiWilliams Juan. Congratulations. Looks like an outstanding young man. He certainly got the party affiliation right.

@TheJuanWilliams @raffiwilliams congratulations Juan. I think it's time you learned something from the next generation
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 01:13:58 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/democratic-senator-joe-manchin-says-he-may-not-vote-for-obama/

Democratic Senator Joe Manchin Says He May Not Vote For Obama

by Noah Rothman 12:10 pm, April 20th, 2012

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), who won a special election in 2010 to serve the remainder of the late Sen. Robert Byrd’s term and is up for reelection this year, says that he is considering voting for the presumptive Republican nominee in November and not President Obama.

National Journal reported on Thursday that Manchin, a centrist Democrat “who has done more than any other Democrat up for reelection this year to distance himself from President Obama” is weighing his options.

“The people in West Virginia, they basically look at the candidates—whatever you’re running for, whether it be the president itself, or whatever—[they look at] the performance and the result that’s been attained,” Manchin said when asked how he will vote. “Right now in West Virginia, these first three and a half years haven’t been that good to West Virginia. So, then you look [at] what the options will be, who will be on the other end.”

<snipped>
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/us/politics/democrats-join-gop-on-pipeline-vote.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss&wpisrc=nl_fix

Democrats Joining G.O.P. on Pipeline

By JENNIFER STEINHAUER
Published: April 19, 2012

WASHINGTON — President Obama is finding himself increasingly boxed in on the Keystone pipeline fight as more Congressional Democrats are joining Republicans in backing the project, which has strong labor support and could generate significant numbers of jobs in economically hard-hit states.

On Wednesday, the House passed a short-term transportation bill that included a provision that would pave the way for the construction of the next stage of the oil pipeline, a measure that Mr. Obama has said he would veto. The bill passed 293 to 127, with 69 Democrats supporting it.

It is the fourth time the House has passed a measure to expedite the project; one failed narrowly in the Senate only after Mr. Obama personally lobbied some Democrats to vote no. With the House vote, Mr. Obama finds himself, for the first time in his presidency, threatening a veto on a significant piece of legislation that enjoys the support of an increasing number of Democrats, as well as the vast majority of Republicans in Congress.

With gas prices sticking near $4 a gallon, unemployment high in many states and demonstrable support for the project in numerous polls, many Democrats — especially those from states where pipelines are commonplace — are beginning to sound almost indistinguishable from Speaker John A. Boehner, who called Mr. Obama “increasingly isolated” in his opposition to expanding the project.

Representative Dennis Cardoza, a California Democrat who voted for the House measure, said he would be happy to vote to override a veto if needed. He said: “I think the president has made a very serious mistake here. I’m still supporting the president. But we have to do what’s right.”

<snipped>

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 01:53:03 PM »
Juan could become the poster boy for the definition of a conservative. A lib who got mugged. In this case by the NPR.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »
I believe every word Mrs. Williams says.  Can't you just see it, clear as a bell?   Thanks for report from tweetland, too, Ballygrl! 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »
I believe every word Mrs. Williams says.  Can't you just see it, clear as a bell?   Thanks for report from tweetland, too, Ballygrl!

She really seems awesome, and you're welcome.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »
I like Juan Williams. I think he is going to come to the dark side soon.
Never happen. He has carved out a hugely lucrative niche as a black liberal who speaks on the air with impeccable diction and grammar.

A non-ebonics black liberal is as rare as hens' teeth, and it's made him rich.

Whatever he privately thinks about politics isn't important, and he'll never admit it if he really does have a civilized personal philosophy.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
Raffi Williams is doing a lot of good tweeting, it's fine if his Father stays a Democrat.

Eric Fehrnstrom ‏ @EricFehrn

At Red Sox game, President Obama comes on big screen to recognize Fenway's 100th anniversary, followed by loud chorus of boos.
Retweeted by Raffi Williams

Offline thundley4

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
Never happen. He has carved out a hugely lucrative niche as a black liberal who speaks on the air with impeccable diction and grammar.

Whatever he privately thinks about politics isn't important, and he'll never admit it if he really does have a civilized personal philosophy.

Not to mention the left would start their usual slurs towards Juan if he switched parties.  He's more valuable to conservatives if he stays a DemonRat, and voices disagreement with the left at times.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »

He has stated  a "civilized personal philosophy".  It's why NPR fired him and why most liberals hate him.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/22/science-say-gop-voters-better-informed-open-minded/

Science: GOP voters better informed, open-minded

Yet another new survey shows that Republican supporters know more about politics and political history than Democrats.

On eight of 13 questions about politics, Republicans outscored Democrats by an average of 18 percentage points, according to a new Pew survey “Partisan Differences in Knowledge.”

The Pew survey adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.

“Republicans fare substantially better than Democrats on several questions in the survey, as is typically the case in surveys about political knowledge,” said the study, which noted that Democrats outscored Republicans on five questions by an average of 4.6 percent.

A March 12 Pew study showed that Democrats are far more likely that conservatives to disconnect from people who disagree with them.

“In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS [social networking sites] because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates,” said the report, tiled “Social networking sites and politics.”

The report also noted that 11 percent of liberals, but only 4 percent of conservatives, deleted friends from networks after disagreeing with their politics.

A March Washington Post poll showed that Democrats were more willing to change their views about a subject to make their team look good. For example, in 2006, 73 percent of Democrats said the GOP-controlled White House could lower gas prices, but that number fell by more than half to 33 percent in 2012 once a fellow Democrat was in the White House.

In contrast, the opinions of GOP supporters were more consistent. Their collective opinion shifted by only a third, according to the data. In 2006, 47 percent in believed the White House could influence gas prices. By 2012, that number had risen to 65 percent up 17 points compared to the Democrats’ 40 point shift.

The academics’ work is also being backed up by commercial research into the tastes and political views of potential customers.

For example, researchers have learned that Internet sites offering financial information, sports scores, online-auctions attract far more interest from Republicans than from Democrats, according to a 2010 study by National Media Research, Planning and Placement, based in Alexandria, Va.

In contrast, Democrats outnumber Republicans at online dating sites, job-searches sites, online TV and online video-game sites, said the firm.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 07:51:34 PM »
Oh my! just doing a little research about Raffi, it looks like his Brother is a Republican too, and I found this article on Juan's wife, the story is old but amazing, here's some interesting snippets:

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/juanwilliams-delise-npr-fox/2011/07/20/id/404258

Juan Williams’ Wife: NPR Liberals Are Hypocrites

Bally, great find!  I don't think Juan will join the dark side until he is financially in a position to do so.  But I think in his heart of hearts he knows he is with us (and his children).  And I find it despicable the way NPR treated his wife.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 08:22:01 PM »
I like Juan Williams also. I bet him and his sons have some interesting conversations. His wife also seems like a really nice lady.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »
*****Warning***** Lanaguage NSFW

http://www.mediaite.com/online/actor-jon-lovitz-explodes-at-obama-what-a-fking-ahole/

Actor Jon Lovitz Explodes At Obama: ‘What A F**king A**hole’ audio

by James Crugnale | 7:20 pm, April 23rd, 2012

Former SNL cast member and star of The Critic Jon Lovitz profanely lit into President Obama during his ABC’s of SNL podcast on Monday.

“This whole thing with Obama saying the rich don’t pay their taxes is ****ing bullshit. And I voted for the guy and I’m a Democrat. What a ****ing asshole,” Lovitz fumed.

“The rich don’t pay their taxes? Let me tell you something, right,” Lovitz added. “First they tell you–you’re dead broke–This is the United States of America, you can do anything you want, go for it. So then you go for it, and then you make it, and everyone’s like, **** you.”

Co-host Kevin Smith argued with Lovitz that he was unfairly ripping on the 99%, Lovitz fired back by saying the director was “masquerading as a 99%er.”

Listen to Lovitz’s anti-Obama comments below.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »
The emperor's clothes are transforming from opaque to translucent, to...
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:52 PM »
I can't stand Silent Bob.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 12:29:43 AM »
The emperor's clothes are transforming from opaque to translucent, to...

:2muchgay:
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 12:31:23 AM »
:2muchgay:
You are transparentist. Don't you remember owebuma promised us the most transparent administration ever ?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 04:23:31 AM »
*****Warning***** Lanaguage NSFW

http://www.mediaite.com/online/actor-jon-lovitz-explodes-at-obama-what-a-fking-ahole/

Actor Jon Lovitz Explodes At Obama: ‘What A F**king A**hole’ audio

by James Crugnale | 7:20 pm, April 23rd, 2012

Something tells me that Lovitz won't be voting for Obama this time around, nor contributing any money to the effort . . .  :tongue: :whistling: :fuelfire: :rofl:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »
LINK

Obama Can Do It All!
By Jonah Goldberg

Brother Geraghty has a great tidbit from Jodi Kantor’s book, The Obamas:

Obama had always had a high estimation of his ability to cast and run his operation. When David Plouffe, his campaign manager, first interviewed for a job with him in 2006, the senator gave him a warning:

“I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,” he said. “It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.” Obama said nearly the same thing to Patrick Gaspard, whom he hired to be the campaign’s political director. “I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Obama told him. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

Jim has a few other examples. But he forgot one of my favorites. From New York magazine’s John Heilemann

Emanuel’s ad-hocracy, meanwhile, didn’t faze Obama. The president’s friend and adviser Valerie Jarrett sometimes pointed out that not only had he never managed an operation, he’d never really had a nine-to-five job in his life. Obama didn’t know what he didn’t know, yet his self-confidence was so stratospheric that once, in the context of thinking about Emanuel’s replacement, he remarked in all seriousness, “You know, I’d make a good chief of staff.”

Those overhearing the comment somehow managed to suppress their laughter.

In fairness, even  Obama would be an improvement as GSA Director.

Offline Karin

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »
RE the Jon Lovitz article:

Just reading through those comments, let me say that it's a sad state of affairs when our tax code is so complicated and convoluted, that people can't even have a reasoned debate about it.  It's almost all misinformed, unless you're  a CPA or tax attorney. 

Lurking DUmmies:  1950 tax rates are not relevant because of loopholes and deductions.  This simplistic talking point only makes you look stupid and ignorant of history.  Math as well. 

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 10:50:10 AM »
Beg's link to Jonah Goldberg is priceless. The anointed, immaculate, flawless one should be given every opportunity to further inflate his overinflated ego.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »
[youtube=425,350]yj6yFmOnlXw[/youtube]

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Dalai Lama loves President GW Bush:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/04/24/dalai-lama-tells-shocked-piers-morgan-i-love-president-bush

He likes Bush as a person, but not as a President. Hmmmm .. I might get bitch slapped for this, but that is how I feel about Obama.  :popcorn: