Author Topic: Gnads the Gnome with another Syria connection  (Read 909 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Gnads the Gnome with another Syria connection
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:01:59 PM »
Here we go again.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002843473
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 01:53 PM
 nadinbrzezinski (105,217 posts)

Syria shoots down Turkish warplane: sources
Syria shot down a Turkish warplane on Friday, Lebanon’s al-Manar television reported, risking a new crisis between Middle Eastern neighbours already at bitter odds over a 16-month-old revolt against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

“Syrian security sources confirmed to a Manar correspondent in Damascus that Syrian defence forces shot down the Turkish fighter jet,” the Hezbollah-owned channel said.

Turkey, which had drawn close to Syria before the uprising against President Assad, became one of the Syrian leader’s fiercest critics when he responded violently to pro-democracy protests inspired by popular upheavals elsewhere in the Arab world.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/syria-shoots-down-turkish-warplane-sources/article4363350/?cmpid=rss1

Any observer of the crisis will be all but surprised by this escalation, and an escalation it is. On the bright side, unlike previous incidents, they can't blame the FSA. Last I checked the FSA does not have war planes. 
It was bradley manning with a candle styx :whatever: in the diningroom.  :rotf:
Strela loaded it.
Thread probably won't go far.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
Re: Gnads the Gnome with another Syria connection
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
Shoot, I thought she might have found that missing US GI. :lmao:  I mean it was all over facebook so it had to be true, right?

Keep at it Nads, the truth is out there somewhere!!!11!11 :fuelfire:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
Actually, I heard this, too.  It was a Turkish F-4 Phantom II that caught a  missile.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9349777/Syria-shoots-down-Turkish-fighter-jet.html

Syria apologized, and there's no word on the fate of the pilot or the RIO/navigator.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »
Thread probably won't go far.

Whoa.  You called it.

That campfire went nowhere, not a single primitive at it.

Nobody's paying attention to nadin any more.

Too bad for nadin.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »
I, for one, could care less if the Syrians and the Turks get into it.  Get 'em some Iranian while they's at it.

Fewer muzzies we'll have to kill later.   :killemall:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »
Whoa.  You called it.

That campfire went nowhere, not a single primitive at it.

Nobody's paying attention to nadin any more.

Too bad for nadin.
:-) 
Cut and paste got nuthin. She didn't source facebook. Nothing to mispell. No original reporter work.
Suffice it to say, the story wasn't crunchy enough.

Offline T-Monay820

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »
Actually, I heard this, too.  It was a Turkish F-4 Phantom II that caught a  missile.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9349777/Syria-shoots-down-Turkish-fighter-jet.html

Syria apologized, and there's no word on the fate of the pilot or the RIO/navigator.

Leading Turkish daily Hürriyet quoted an "official" source as saying Syria shot the plane down and that the two pilots were successfully rescued at sea.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backchannels/2012/0622/Syria-shoots-down-a-Turkish-fighter-jet

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 07:28:23 PM »
Nads is not one to be ignored easily.  There were no visitors to this campfire, so she lit another one a few minutes later - same topic, different subject line.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002843641
nadinbrzezinski (105,234 posts)
 So the Syrians shoot down a Turkish F-4 or it fell out of the sky. While we all discuss internal issues, this has the potential to change the dynamics of the race... so try to pay attention to this one.

What do you mean? Remember that two O'Clock in the morning commercial? It does have that potential, I mean Turkey IS a NATO ally...

Now back to the Sandusky trial... or whatever else is nice...

Ya gotta give her credit for persistence.
This too shall pass.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
Ya gotta give her credit for persistence.

Yeah, that she is; persistent.

Her second campfire on the same subject drew some primitives, along with the solemn pronouncements of She Herself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »
Nads is not one to be ignored easily.  There were no visitors to this campfire, so she lit another one a few minutes later - same topic, different subject line.Ya gotta give her credit for persistence.

There's a fine line between "persistence" and "damned annoying".

Nads crosses both frequently.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 01:53 PM
 nadinbrzezinski (105,217 posts)

Syria shoots down Turkish warplane: sources
Syria shot down a Turkish warplane on Friday, Lebanon’s al-Manar television reported, risking a new crisis between Middle Eastern neighbours already at bitter odds over a 16-month-old revolt against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

“Syrian security sources confirmed to a Manar correspondent in Damascus that Syrian defence forces shot down the Turkish fighter jet,” the Hezbollah-owned channel said.

Turkey, which had drawn close to Syria before the uprising against President Assad, became one of the Syrian leader’s fiercest critics when he responded violently to pro-democracy protests inspired by popular upheavals elsewhere in the Arab world.

http://www.theglobeandmai...rticle4363350/?cmpid=rss1

Any observer of the crisis will be all but surprised by this escalation, and an escalation it is. On the bright side, unlike previous incidents, they can't blame the FSA. Last I checked the FSA does not have war planes.

Can someone please translate this? Her grammar and spelling are so bad that I can't understand any of it.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
Can someone please translate this? Her grammar and spelling are so bad that I can't understand any of it.

Can't help ya.

She torpedoed my "Nadin to English" disgromificator 3 months ago with a similar screed, and the parts to fix it are on back-order...

...from Iran.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »
Can't help ya.

She torpedoed my "Nadin to English" disgromificator 3 months ago with a similar screed, and the parts to fix it are on back-order...

...from Iran.

Hopefully it gets here soon. I can't make out heads or tails of what she is rambling about in the post.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »
Nads is not one to be ignored easily.  There were no visitors to this campfire, so she lit another one a few minutes later - same topic, different subject line.Ya gotta give her credit for persistence.
I presume you mean this one..
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002843641
nadinbrzezinski (105,235 posts)

So the Syrians shoot down a Turkish F-4
or it fell out of the sky. While we all discuss internal issues, this has the potential to change the dynamics of the race... so try to pay attention to this one.

What do you mean? Remember that two O'Clock in the morning commercial? It does have that potential, I mean Turkey IS a NATO ally...

Now back to the Sandusky trial... or whatever else is nice... 
Suffice it to say, she did get a few comments.
Most tried their level best to "sound" educated.
Kind of sad.

nadinbrzezinski (105,235 posts)
3. It could be a casus bellithere have been a few others the Turks have, wisely, chosen to step away from. Like when the Syrians shot across the border killing an aid worker. 
It's rather cute when they sound politically endowed.
Gnads then "schools" the unwashed, gets spanked a little, back-tracks, covers her tracks, reassesses, scratches her crotch and iggies the nasty unbelievers.
She ends up, for the most part, calling in a BS flag on her original OP.  :loser:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”