Author Topic: reactionary primitives discuss Washington congressman resigning  (Read 324 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2479420

Oh my.

The old DU is still there, but relentlessly sinking.  Not many primitives left there any more.

No Elephants Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-11-12 08:48 AM
Original message

(Dem) US Rep. Inslee to resign for Wash. gov. race

SEATTLE (AP) -- Rep. Jay Inslee is resigning from Congress to focus full time on running for governor of Washington state this fall.

<snip>.

Washington's Democratic governor, Christine Gregoire (GREG'-wahr), is retiring at the end of her term. Inslee is running against Republican Attorney General Rob McKenna to replace her.

<snip>

Inslee's 1st District seat will remain vacant until a new representative is elected in November.

He is among 22 Democratic members of the House who are not seeking re-election, along with 16 Republicans. His resignation is effective March 20.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_INSLEE?SITE=A...

Wonder how his district feels about being unrepresented between March 20, 2012 and January 2013? Or will the new rep take office in November, as this story implies?

22 Dems resigning from an already Republican House? Doesn't sound good?

KoKo Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-11-12 12:49 PM
Response to Original message

1. This is not good. And, we are losing some good Progressive voting Dems because of the redistricting. We really needed to take back the House to beat off the crazies.

Too bad.  For the primitives, that is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: reactionary primitives discuss Washington congressman resigning
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »
KoKo is going to beat off the crazies ?  Oh My...

Above. Charles Manson approves of KoKo's post.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: reactionary primitives discuss Washington congressman resigning
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »
KoKo Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-11-12 12:49 PM
Response to Original message

1. This is not good. And, we are losing some good Progressive voting Dems because of the redistricting. We really needed to take back the House to beat off the crazies.

I got news for ya stupid. The people of Washington State are fed up with all politicians! Not just DemonRats, but Rino's, too! They have raised taxes, raised the rate of licensing anything, ask for permits, even if ya wanna build a garden shed, etc, etc, etc! The people are sick and tired of them every year coming to them for money they spent foolishly!

You seriously don't think that many Public figures who have been leachin' off the people would all retire at the same time do ya?

They're retiring because they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of gettin' re-elected! Same goes for that big government, big spending liberal in the Governor's Mansion!!

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, a Republican takes the Governorship for the firs time in nearly 20 years! You Dems and wanna be Repubs, have done nothin' but bankrupt the state.

They know they have to disappear before it's widely known that the State will never be able to finance the ****in' pensions of all those leaches in the public unions, to say nothin' of the chunk of change they're gonna have to pay for all these "retiring" politicians!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!